Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie:- A Fair Point

+7
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
Copper Dragon
terenceanne
doffcocker
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:18 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Boss Freedman admitted Wanderers deserved to take a share of the spoils back to the Reebok Stadium and was pleased with the attitude his side showed after falling behind.

“We deserved a point first of all, our determination and grit showed and that is what I ask of this football team,” said the boss.

“We were well supported and we have got a responsibility to the fans and we showed that with our determination to come back from a goal down.

“It was a frantic first half, there was not a lot in the game and our approach play for 25 minutes was excellent.

“We could have possibly scored a couple of goals and in the second half we got what we deserved, and that wasn’t a lot.

“All in all it was a well-deserved point, great local derby and if there was going to be a team that was going to win it, it was going to be us.

“I tried my very best to make positive substitutions by bringing David Ngog on and Craig Davies to try and give the wonderful support we had three points but it wasn’t to be.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:22 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:25 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Point deserved? Yes. We made Burnley struggle to create good chances.

Bolton the more likely winners? No.

4Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:32 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Doog must be watching a diferent game than the rest of us..... 2-1 to them would have been a fair result.  
My first thought about the game is that we a sadly missing something in mid-field.  I lost track of the number of times they had possesion in the center circle with no Bolton player is sight. We still can't find a player to put his foot on the ball.  Quite a bit of hoofball IMO also.  I thought Beckford did ok for his first game as did most of them........  I'd drop Andrews for the next game. 
Well a point away is a good point.

5Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I thought that we shaded it on play and passing but not chances.

We lacked quality in and around the box, some of them crosses by Trippier should have been attacked.

I was pleased by most of our passing and movement though.

6Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thought new boys did ok. Full backs lacked cover from their wingers at times. Wheater looked un comfortable but i'm sure he will be ok in time. Game largely bypassed Andrews but  we're stuck with him at the moment as there is no bugger else! I take Vela has a knock as he has disappeared off the radar. Chungy disappointing but we know he can do it. I expect further transfer activity before the end of the window.
As for Burnley looked promising coming forward but very much impotent in the box.

7Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Point was the right result.

Burnley played the better football for sure.

we had a couple of decent spells in between some poor stuff.

8Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Trippier was the best player on the pitch - did the business at both ends. Our fullbacks look up for it and we look better in both positions than we did last season. Knight/Wheater looks doomed to failure and we can do better than Andrews in midfield. Ngog and Cravies both looked interested when they got on but Beckford ploughed a rather lonely furrow up front. I don't think it will take much tweaking to get us to the form we finished last season in and will reluctantly take this point.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Boss Freedman admitted Wanderers deserved to take a share of the spoils back to the Reebok Stadium and was pleased with the attitude his side showed after falling behind.

“We deserved a point first of all, our determination and grit showed and that is what I ask of this football team,” said the boss.

“We were well supported and we have got a responsibility to the fans and we showed that with our determination to come back from a goal down.

“It was a frantic first half, there was not a lot in the game and our approach play for 25 minutes was excellent.

“We could have possibly scored a couple of goals and in the second half we got what we deserved, and that wasn’t a lot.

“All in all it was a well-deserved point, great local derby and if there was going to be a team that was going to win it, it was going to be us.

“I tried my very best to make positive substitutions by bringing David Ngog on and Craig Davies to try and give the wonderful support we had three points but  it wasn’t to be.”

Laughable, absolutely laughable.

We were shit, second best for 90% of the match, had zero passion, the team were going through the motions.

Fuck off Freedman.

10Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Boss Freedman admitted Wanderers deserved to take a share of the spoils back to the Reebok Stadium and was pleased with the attitude his side showed after falling behind.

“I tried my very best to make positive substitutions by bringing David Ngog on and Craig Davies to try and give the wonderful support we had three points but  it wasn’t to be.”

Laughable, absolutely laughable.

We were shit, second best for 90% of the match, had zero passion, the team were going through the motions.

Fuck off Freedman.

For somebody who proclaims itself to be a Captain of Industry you need to better your command of the English language and have a spectacles transplant! So sorry but I am suffering a bullshit intolerance tonight, normal service will be resumed shortly!!

11Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

For somebody who proclaims itself to be a Captain of Industry you need to better your command of the English language and have a spectacles transplant! So sorry but I am suffering a bullshit intolerance tonight, normal service will be resumed shortly!!

Go and stand in the corner you bellend. Do you know who I am?

12Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:00 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

Go and stand in the corner you bellend. Do you know who I am?

A Blackburn fan who comes on here to slag off our manager and players at every opportunity?

13Dougie:- A Fair Point Empty Re: Dougie:- A Fair Point Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

About right, second half I thought we looked the more likely with Wheater's chance from the corner and Davies's long ranger. Lacking a bit of creativity from midfield was the issue, I think bringing on Hall to run at them could have been useful.

We're definitely hard to beat these days though, was our last loss against Leicester?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum