Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Day Football Died

+8
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Harold77
Hipster_Nebula
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Day Football Died Empty The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football isn't like it used to be.

If todays Burnley/Bolton fixture had been 20 years ago the place would have been a cauldron of hate. On and off the pitch.

The fans would have been at each others throats and the players ready to kick each other to shit.

But today I realised those days are long gone and football doesn't matter like it used to. Have you ever been to a local derby with so little atmosphere and edge?

No singing, no intimidation, no piss taking. At one point I thought the Burnley fans were going to invite the Bolton fans to have a picnic with them. Cucumber sandwich anyone?

And on the pitch it was even worse. I've never witnessed a Bolton team so laid back. Not one of them gave a shite about that game. There was no effort, no one getting stuck in, no one really cared. Even the manager looked like he was texting at one point! Allardyce used to have a near heart attack during each game, but Freedman is asking his wife what's for tea?!!

I pity any fan who is new to this because you have missed out big time. Football used to matter, now it's just a game for rich tarts whose only passion is money and fame.

Fuck off.

2The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:22

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have to agree with you. Just shite. That was perhaps one of the most passionless games I have ever seen. Where was the talent, the skill, the creativity, the desire? It was shit. Burnley were just as shit as we were. I was telling my mate, there is no chance either of these two teams going up. 

Nat, come and support Chelsea with me, watch the passion at the Bridge with Jose back.

3The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, the players don't give a shite like they used to, piss poor turn out.

Mike has the right idea.

Freedman will be sorting out his other business now and there is only us mugs talking about the game.

Gartside will be ringing up babestation , why should we bother ?

4The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Why don't all three of you fuck off and watch the cockney wankers? Or maybe two of you could watch the Whites and the other go and live on Tracey Island?!

5The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 20:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Why don't all three of you fuck off and watch the cockney wankers? Or maybe two of you could watch the Whites and the other go and live on Tracey Island?!

You sad, deluded, brainwashed bellend.

6The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul Kitchen wrote:Why don't all three of you fuck off and watch the cockney wankers? Or maybe two of you could watch the Whites and the other go and live on Tracey Island?!

Watch yourself Soul. There is something you don't know about me, I do Karate, I am a master, I am a 6th Dan. So don't think for one moment you can come on here and make me feel nervous. 

You cannot honestly say that you felt the same passion today watching that shit compared to the 5-0 win at Leicester on the opening day some 12 years ago? That team 12 years ago wasn't that good - I mean it had Bo Hanson, Whitlow, Charlton, Barness, Warhurst, etc. But god did that team try hard. They were passionate, they gave everything, they cared. Today they couldn't give a shiney shite, so why should I?

7The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

You cannot honestly say that you felt the same passion today watching that shit compared to the 5-0 win at Leicester on the opening day some 12 years ago? That team 12 years ago wasn't that good - I mean it had Bo Hanson, Whitlow, Charlton, Barness, Warhurst, etc. But god did that team try hard. They were passionate, they gave everything, they cared. Today they couldn't give a shiney shite, so why should I?

Top post! SK ripped a new arsehole.

That team 12 years ago also had little quality but it had passion and wanted to win.

8The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well said Mike, now will you go and twat someone for me ?

9The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 21:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And this is the person who suggested stadiums should be fully corporate.

what a WUM.

10The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 22:43

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

There was a bigger crowd at Barnsley v Wigan than at Turf Moor today. It shows how far we have fallen in such a short space of time.Our following today was very poor, we took that many over to Burnley when we were in freefall in the 80s.We take double that number in the good times.
It's all a bit shit following Bolton at the moment.Not one quality player and no money to pay for one.

11The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 22:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We took just under 3,000 right? 
That's not too bad

12The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 23:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need to face facts, we aint a big club like the Leeds of this world.

13The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sat Aug 03 2013, 23:25

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

There was no sense of occasion today from the players. First game to be played this season, two league founders, local derby, the points lost against Burnley last season would have put us into the playoffs... for the most part they seemed to be going through the motions. Craig Davis and the fullbacks looked like they wanted to win but Tierney was getting no assistance out wide and was getting frustrated.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sun Aug 04 2013, 09:33

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I expected a few more there myself, what happened to the "hostile" atmosphere that we wilted under last year. Maybe its the case that the cult of the manager really has taken over, there didn't even seem to be any vitriol aimed at Eagles or Andrews.

15The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sun Aug 04 2013, 09:35

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Football isn't like it used to be.

If todays Burnley/Bolton fixture had been 20 years ago the place would have been a cauldron of hate. On and off the pitch.

The fans would have been at each others throats and the players ready to kick each other to shit.

But today I realised those days are long gone and football doesn't matter like it used to. Have you ever been to a local derby with so little atmosphere and edge?

No singing, no intimidation, no piss taking. At one point I thought the Burnley fans were going to invite the Bolton fans to have a picnic with them. Cucumber sandwich anyone?

And on the pitch it was even worse. I've never witnessed a Bolton team so laid back. Not one of them gave a shite about that game. There was no effort, no one getting stuck in, no one really cared. Even the manager looked like he was texting at one point! Allardyce used to have a near heart attack during each game, but Freedman is asking his wife what's for tea?!!

I pity any fan who is new to this because you have missed out big time. Football used to matter, now it's just a game for rich tarts whose only passion is money and fame.

Fuck off.

All seater stadiums and corporate bullshit, but the end of the terrace was the end of the atmosphere

16The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:18

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Boggersbelief wrote:We took just under 3,000 right? 
That's not too bad

It's the worst following we've took to Burnley since the 1980s (apart form possibly Megson's season but that was an all ticket sell out) We took 5,000 under Allardyce in the 2nd Division and over 4,000 under Rioch on a Tuesday night in the 3rd Division.

Yesterday was under 3,000.To be taking that number to Burnley is  poor for Bolton.

17The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:21

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Probably a decent turnout in the current economic climate for an early kick off which was televised.

Attended the earlier games mentioned but do not remember them being televised?

18The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sun Aug 04 2013, 12:27

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Barryjw wrote:Probably a decent turnout in the current economic climate for an early kick off which was televised.

Attended the earlier games mentioned but do not remember them being televised?

No they weren't televised but the 3rd Division match was on a Tuesday night at a time we had about 7,000 attending our home games and Allardyce's was I think the Saturday before Xmas.
Yesterday was also a worse following then the opening day of 82/83 at Burnley and the Fa Cup tie in the 4th Division.

19The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sun Aug 04 2013, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of shite. Did any of you actually go to the game?

20The Day Football Died Empty Re: The Day Football Died Sun Aug 04 2013, 19:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:What a load of shite. Did any of you actually go to the game?

Yes, and I sat with the plebs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum