Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Evening With..................

+8
bwfc71
doffcocker
Sluffy
Keegan
mark leach
Michael Bolton
Mr Magoo
Soul Kitchen
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1An Evening With.................. Empty An Evening With.................. Wed Aug 21 2013, 18:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I once got asked by a mate on a Desert Island Discs hospital radio prog to name four people I would like to have dinner with and enjoy conversational pleasantries with throughout the evening, giving reasons.
Rory Gallagher-played a great influence in my mid teens onwards as I discovered music, and a great guitarist and entertainer to boot.
Dusty Springfield- my dad used to slag her off something wicked, but her looks and voice left me thinking she was singing to me, a green pre pubescent schoolboy, only to have the dream shattered years later when I found out she was batting for the other side!
Bobby Moore- what can be said about a man that full filled the dreams of every little boy and his dad and everybody into English football when he lifted that Cup in'66.
And finally, last but not least, Dame Helen Mirren, great actress and great looker still.

Your go now?!

2An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Wed Aug 21 2013, 19:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sluffy, I would poison the bastard.:biggrin:

3An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Wed Aug 21 2013, 19:08

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mr Magoo wrote:Sluffy, I would poison the bastard.:biggrin:
So who's your other three assuming you could see them?

4An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Wed Aug 21 2013, 19:52

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Michael Palin, Michael Caine and Ewan McGregor.

5An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:06

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Magoo, so I could try his legendary apple pie..Natasha..to see if she is as fit as she claims and the Nigerian poster to ask him were he gets his videos from.

6An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Wed Aug 21 2013, 20:25

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Biz Markie, Shabba Ranks & Amanda Bynes.

They could regale me with tales of celebrity life and then I'd let Amanda try my Bong. She threw hers out the window, you see - and in that group, I'd be the handsome guy.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Wed Aug 21 2013, 23:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mr Magoo wrote:Sluffy, I would poison the bastard.:biggrin:
Magoo, I would eat it!

I guess I'd probably go for Peter Ustinov and David Niven for the wonderful story's they could tell, Bobby Fischer a barking mad genius and of course Natasha!

8An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Thu Aug 22 2013, 01:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Caroline Aherne - talented, attractive, interesting woman.

Sam Allardyce - to talk about the good old days, and the club and town in general.

Damon Albarn - to talk about Blur, Gorillaz and 90s britpop in general.

Gary Megson - to talk him through why he's a dick.

9An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Thu Aug 22 2013, 09:23

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Are you sure you'd only talk to Megson?

10An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Thu Aug 22 2013, 21:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Geert Wilders
Nigel Farage
Nick Griffin

All for the simple reason just to watch them argue against each other, although they all want the same goal!

11An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Thu Aug 22 2013, 21:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Marilyn Monroe, never mind the others.

12An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Fri Aug 23 2013, 14:33

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Well i'm assuming its people that are alive otherwise it would be a completely different group of people-
William Shatner
Ricky Gervaise
Peter Gabriel
Paul McCartney

13An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Fri Aug 23 2013, 15:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Ricky Gervais would be on my list of people I wouldn't want to have dinner with. He just seems so smug and up his own arse.

14An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Fri Aug 23 2013, 19:16

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:Well i'm assuming its people that are alive otherwise it would be a completely different group of people-
William Shatner
Ricky Gervaise
Peter Gabriel
Paul McCartney
AD three of mine are dead! Try again if you like "for real".
Peter Gabriel is a good choice, I watched some early Genesis stuff on you tube last night and he was in fine form. Watcher of the Skies, Hogweed and Musical Box all brought the memories flooding back!

15An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Fri Aug 23 2013, 19:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oprah Winfrey.

Dynamo ( Steven Frayne) .

Bez.

16An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Fri Aug 23 2013, 19:54

Pete doherty to talk about the great music and poetry he writes and whether he thinks his writing would be any good without the aid of various class a substances

Gazza due to the fact he was my favourite footballer ever that didn't wear a Bolton shirt

John lennon due to the fact he was the greatest song writer there was

William Shakespeare to find out why he was ahead of his time in his writing and where he actually drew his inspiration

I know two of mine are dead (and the other two aren't far off) bit I didn't see any rules

17An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Fri Aug 23 2013, 20:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

scottjames30 wrote:
Dynamo ( Steven Frayne)
Yes Dynamo would be a great dinner guest. Really impressed by his stuff.

18An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Fri Aug 23 2013, 22:52

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Three Stooges and Tommy Cooper.

Think it would be a riot.

19An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Sat Aug 24 2013, 01:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Well i'm assuming its people that are alive otherwise it would be a completely different group of people-
William Shatner
Ricky Gervaise
Peter Gabriel
Paul McCartney
AD three of mine are dead! Try again if you like "for real".
Peter Gabriel is a good choice, I watched some early Genesis stuff on you tube last night and he was in fine form. Watcher of the Skies, Hogweed and Musical Box all brought the memories flooding back!
John Lennon
George Harrison
Oliver Hardy
Oliver Reed

also would like

George Foreman
Arthur C Clarke
Brian Clough
James Hadley Chase

Not a day goes by without me playing a Genesis track SK

20An Evening With.................. Empty Re: An Evening With.................. Sat Aug 24 2013, 10:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes Brian Clough, he'd be highly amusing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum