Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you press the button at a pedestrian crossing?

+3
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Can't say I've ever really thought about it before but an article - link below - tends to suggest that it really doesn't make that much difference at some crossings but a massive one at others.

As a driver, one of my pet hates is stopping at a red light at a crossing when someone as pressed the button and buggered off, leaving you sat there for no reason at all!

Because of this I don't tend to press the button unless I really have no other choice.

Are you a 'jaywalker' too?

Article here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23869955

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No I never press the button, like you say it winds me up so much people pressing the button and then crossing as it's clear anyway and then the lights go red. It's ignorance and rude.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Almost started this thread earlier.

I've crossed the Halliwell Road/Moss Bank Way junction several times daily for years and never pressed the button. Why? Because there's no point. The lights are constantly on red for a half of the junction. Just wait until your side is clear, cross to the middle, wait until the other side is clear, and you're done. It's twice as quick as waiting for the green man and it doesn't selfishly hold up the entire junction.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Depends how busy the road is...so if quiet, I will do the logical thing and cross without pressing the button

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Depends on who you have with you, if I'm with with my 5yrs old grandson I always make him press the button. 

To make sure I get across the road safely.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Great question, right i fuckin hate waiting to cross roads and no bastard will let you cross this is when i got my dogs they can see you struggling with them, so whenever i am in town i press all the buttons and stop them then give em the finger and carry on the same side watch the bastards swear at me but dont dare stop love it.If it happens to me i can take it without getting steamed, buttons are for pressing .

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Them bastards are the worst, they know they're not going to make the lights.

So they are stuck right across the fucking crossing, bastards, no concideration.

Then they fucking have the cheek to to moan when you smash all their windows in.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Banks of the Croal wrote:Them bastards are the worst, they know they're not going to make the lights.

So they are stuck right across the fucking crossing, bastards, no concideration.

Then they fucking have the cheek to to moan when you smash all their windows in.
Fuckin right .

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I have dented many a panel in a rage at the twats.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry Dad wrote:Great question, right i fuckin hate waiting to cross roads and no bastard will let you cross this is when i got my dogs they can see you struggling with them, so whenever i am in town i press all the buttons and stop them then give em the finger and carry on the same side watch the bastards swear at me but dont dare stop love it.If it happens to me i can take it without getting steamed, buttons are for pressing .
If you did that when I was driving by you would soon be on the floor seeing stars and your dogs will be licking your face to try and wake you up. 
Do you understand?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was in a rush once and had to stop at some lights at night, no one on the roads and no fucker at the crossing, i got out to find the bastard but couldn't see any fucker.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Great question, right i fuckin hate waiting to cross roads and no bastard will let you cross this is when i got my dogs they can see you struggling with them, so whenever i am in town i press all the buttons and stop them then give em the finger and carry on the same side watch the bastards swear at me but dont dare stop love it.If it happens to me i can take it without getting steamed, buttons are for pressing .
If you did that when I was driving by you would soon be on the floor seeing stars and your dogs will be licking your face to try and wake you up. 
Do you understand?
:rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum