Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will you be buying shares in the Royal Mail?

+2
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Going to be privatised apparently.

Seems like Royal Mail employees will be given for FREE £2,000 worth of shares on which it estimated they will get a further £133 dividend (interest sort of) per year. You’d think the lazy feckers were I live might manage to actually deliver the mail on time before getting anything let alone two grand!

After they have had first dibs to buy even more shares, then we the public can put in for some if we want.

The funny thing is though that whilst all this is going on, it looks like the Mail workers will be going out on strike!

Would you buy shares in an organisation like this – plenty will?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24060864

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They made £250 million last year so why not? I just hope they don't close all the local post offices when the deal goes through.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote: I just hope they don't close all the local post offices when the deal goes through.
I think that seems pretty much a 'banker'  RT

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Let's hope the new scheme sees an improvement in pricing.

We're sick of being fleeced by the Post Office at Doffcocker International plc.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:They made £250 million last year so why not? I just hope they don't close all the local post offices when the deal goes through.
Aren't post offices a completely different company to Royal Mail and not part of this possible privatisation?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:They made £250 million last year so why not? I just hope they don't close all the local post offices when the deal goes through.
Aren't post offices a completely different company to Royal Mail and not part of this possible privatisation?
Unfortunately not. The fear is that a private company will sell off most of the post offices and just have regional distribution centres in their place. that's why Pat is threatening strike action.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Post Office is classed as a separate business and is NOT part of the Royal Mail sell-off!

Apart from the so-called "last-mile-delivery" The Royal Mail offers NOTHINg unique that other postal/parcel companies offer.

Between Banks and Solicitors and other high-professional jobs there is DX (Document Exchange) which is half-the price of what Royal Mail offers
Then of course teh parcel companies such as TNT and UKMail which are far cheaper than Royal Mail.

If anything I would not be upset if Royal Mail failed to exist in the near distant future as they are a dinosau within the industry with nothing unique, nothing competitive and customer service is worse than none.

When was the last time you used Royal Mail (and I do not mean The Post Office)?

Look at the top of your envelopes, when delivered and you will see who has delivered it - most of my mail is either TNTPost or UKMail only about 5% is Royal Mail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum