Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is summer over now? Are you gutted it's over?

+5
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Summer officially ends on Sept 20th, but in reality doesn't summer end on the 31st August? I have never classed September as the summer.
I look out of the window now at 8:22pm and it is pitch black and raining. It is all doom and gloom weather wise for the next 6 or 7 months, I hate it.

I've just started a new job after having a mostly free summer, so to be honest I'd prefer it to be shit weather and dark whilst I have no choice but to be inside.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is that it, bring on the dark nights and rain, Christmas trees will be up next.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

To be fair we had a decent June - August, so I wouldn't say i'm gutted.

I agree with you though Michael, summer ends on 31st August for me too.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Winter is miserable in the UK. Getting up when it's pitch black and coming home at night when it's pitch black. Summer is much better especially when it stays light till 9pm .

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I have one more trip to make to work next week, and then I shall be working from home, till spring.
I have been to work (office) 4 times this year, so feck um, phone for me now and internet.Very Happy

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find the people that embrace winter, i.e. cold weather, dark nights and mornings etc are the sort of people that are counting down the days to Christmas by September. I'd gladly sacrifice Christmas for another six months of the summer we've had.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I find the people that embrace winter, i.e. cold weather, dark nights and mornings etc are the sort of people that are counting down the days to Christmas by September. I'd gladly sacrifice Christmas for another six months of the summer we've had.
Me too.:agree: 

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I love Christmas, ordered my turkey last week.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The summer is so short in the UK. May until August is usually very pleasant, but is that it - 4 months of the year? 
One of my pet hates is that in months like November, December, January, February, you may get a day where there is not a cloud in the sky and someone will say "What a beautiful day" - is it shite, it is facking freezing!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You shouldn't feel the cold MB, you are a fat bastard.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

doffcocker wrote:I find the people that embrace winter, i.e. cold weather, dark nights and mornings etc are the sort of people that are counting down the days to Christmas by September. I'd gladly sacrifice Christmas for another six months of the summer we've had.
This +1

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

ps, I think I might kill myself.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christmas is shite, bring back the summer.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One thing I hate is getting a summery day in like October.

If we have to have a winter, I'd rather be allowed to get used to it.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I am gutted to be honest. I think I might suffer from that "sad disorder" I tend to feel quite miserable, when the weather is shite, but I perk up when it's sunny!

I've seen one of those "sad" lamps on e bay, for £299 and I think it might come with a tasty bird with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KUBO-SAD-Lightbox-Lamp-Contemporary-Table-Light-/280556322792?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Natural_AlternativeTherapies&hash=item415275bfe8

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fucking hate the colder months, cant see see any pleasure in them at all.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yeah it is all doom and gloom now for the next 6 and a half months. Once the clocks go back next month it will be dark by 6pm, it will be freezing bloody cold. You will be scraping ice off your windscreen on a morning, it will be wet most of the time. It is going to be shit.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Looks like we're in for a stuffy end to September.

How do we feel about that?

I just wish it would make it's fucking mind up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum