Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie's Treatment of Knight: Disgraceful

+11
Born to be a wanderer
Triumph
gloswhite
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Tigermin
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zat Knight is shit, utter shit. It's one thing that unites all Bolton fans, everyone agrees he is shit.

He shouldn't have played today, Freedman should have had the balls to leave him out.

However, having said that, to publically humiliate your captain by taking him off like that was a fucking disgrace. Fine if it was a tactical change, but he was simply replaced by another defender (Ream).

This was Dougie sending a message, and it was totally inappropriate. I'm all for slagging off players in the dressing room and even in the post-match interviews - but during a game in front of thousands of people is outrageous.

This is how managers lose dressing rooms.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I said it on the bolton v leeds thread, if we had won 3 games before this and were in the same situation during todays game their is no way knight would have been replaced. It would have just been a straight swap with beckford on for either spearing or ream.

What the fuck went through his head when he took Knight off I will never know.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't understand what you are all on about? He started with 5 defenders and needed a goal. It was logical to take a defender off for a striker. So what is the problem?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I don't understand what you are all on about? He started with 5 defenders and needed a goal. It was logical to take a defender off for a striker. So what is the problem?
Shut it you bellend. He took Knight off and put Ream (our best player) back in defence.

As Aaron says, better to take off Spearing or Lee.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ream was playing as a defensive midfielder. Knight came off for Beckford and Ream slotted in at centre half. It was one of very few well-reasoned tactical decisions from Dougie all season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Ream was playing as a defensive midfielder. Knight came off for Beckford and Ream slotted in at centre half. It was one of very few well-reasoned tactical decisions from Dougie all season.
Bullshit. It was message.

Ream was our best attacking midfielder by far, he should be encouraged to go forward more.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:I don't understand what you are all on about? He started with 5 defenders and needed a goal. It was logical to take a defender off for a striker. So what is the problem?
Shut it you bellend. He took Knight off and put Ream (our best player) back in defence.

As Aaron says, better to take off Spearing or Lee.
Who are you calling a bellend? Bolton surely had to take off one of their 5 defenders off - surely Knight had to be taken off before Ream who was playing well? 
You prat.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he wanted to take a centre back off why no Mills? I mean the guys not started a league game since december last year and wasn't exactly having a blinder himself, instead he takes off the captain to one of the worst receptions of a player coming off I have ever heard.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Ream was playing as a defensive midfielder. Knight came off for Beckford and Ream slotted in at centre half. It was one of very few well-reasoned tactical decisions from Dougie all season.
Bullshit. It was message.
Your WUMming makes my head spin. Not with rage, just confusion. I can't keep track of your opinions and values.

Since when have you been been anxious for Zat Knight to be treated with care?

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He made El Prat Captain , he will never ever ever ever be forgiven,Freedman you are blind,clueless and an inept piece of scottish shite,fuck off

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Lenny Lawrence needs to step in and advise freedman rather than sitting on the bench struggling to stay awake.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mike did you go? Or did you go to Goodison to watch the Russian Cockneys?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Mike did you go?  Or did you go to Goodison to watch the Russian Cockneys?
Chelsea were as bad as us, any more performances like that from them he'll come back to support us.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mike was on the forum with the rest of us, and he even had a bet that we win.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Knight was gutted, took him ages to leave the pitch, cruel, very cruel!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It seems to me that DF has been listening to the fans about Knight, but chose completely the wrong time to show it.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Who gives a fuck.Poor millionaire footballer gets dragged off.Should have been hung in the gallows outside Bolton town hall.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knight's mothers not happy.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knight wasn't any better or worse than the rest of the back four, it seemed like a desperate act to try and appease the fans but for me was the wrong way to go about it

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair I honestly do not think it was disgraceful.

Last few games have been a disgrace by the players and Dougie has actually mentioned their disgrace in various post-match interviews. It has done nothing, changing/training rooms "chats" seem to have done nothing so thsi is probably his way of saying shape-up or get out of my team. the only time, if ever, he loses the plot is if he decides to do a halt-time team talk on the pitch - a-la Phil Brown at Hull City/Tigers!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum