Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How long before the bullet

+18
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
terenceanne
Harold77
observer
doffcocker
Sluffy
xmiles
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
Born to be a wanderer
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1How long before the bullet Empty How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 16:36

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

1-0 up,you go out close down like your life depends on it.Well you should not listening not watching on a TV anywhere just SKY spearing oh didn't see it so can't comment on it.The second bounced over Bogdan then 3-1.                                                      I said to my mate rang him as he is working outside i said 1-0 up mate at half time,probably fuck it up.          Plus I'm no Gypsy got to laugh.                                 If well think we don't win v Yeovil the Axe must fall.Its beyond a joke.2 points from 8 games and the capitulation at every match we take the lead is shocking.::wtf::

2How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 16:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

3 games

3How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 17:00

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think he has to go, I felt things would quickly improve but it it is the same old shit. But to be honest with you, I don't think any manager can get this shower doing well. Midfield looks awful. Strikers cannot score. Defence is so weak. How far Bolton have declined since BSA left.

4How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 17:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Freedman has lost the dressing room unfortunately. It will be difficult to turn this around, ANOTHER fresh face is needed

5How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 17:42

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:I think Freedman has lost the dressing room unfortunately. It will be difficult to turn this around, ANOTHER fresh face is needed
I'm inclined to agree with you, something is seriously wrong in the dressing room. We should not be bottom of the table with this squad, yes we have some shit players, but most of our players would walk in to most other Championship clubs teams.

6How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 18:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Agree with you on that Clucheth, we don't have world class players but bottom of the championship quality? Never in a million years.

He can't get the best out them so IMO their is only one answer in this situation.

7How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 18:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And get who in?

Club need to decide whether they want to look long term or short term.

My main complaint with Dougie is he hasn't wielded the axe hard and far enough.

He should be giving 5 or 6 young players the responsibility to get us up the table and if that fails so be it.

8How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 18:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I cant help but get the impression that there is so much more going on than just playing badly. Whether its the players not giving a hoot, or DF not having a clue, or even some in-fighting behind the scenes, all I know is that if something doesn't give soon, we'll go down again.

9How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 19:08

I know this is a dirty word but we need someone who isn't popular, can do a job at this level and sorry the defence out...........megson anyone

10How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 19:15

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Who's available that would take it and is acceptable? for me it would be curbishley but i dont think he'd want it.

11How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 19:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Pulis or Poyet IMO.

Forget the talk for Jimmy Phillips and Sammy Lee.

12How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 19:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:Pulis or Poyet IMO.

Sammy Lee? Shocked affraid 

13How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 20:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's hardly his fault that he took over a side with crap players and no money to change things.

He nearly worked a miracle and got us to the play offs but we fell at the last.

I don't believe one person makes a team but it is clear our central defence needed urgent work on it and Dawson was a sticking plaster that worked really well for us. The thing is though that he went back to his club and for whatever reason we could not get him back for this season (note Dawson was not in West Broms squad today).

Clearly Freedman had to dump some big wages - Sordell, Andrews and Ricketts - and desperately wanted to get shut of others too - Mears, Mills, Ream - to get some wriggle room to bring in cheaper and hopefully better replacements.

Well that hasn't happened. We lost Davies (and Sordell on loan) so he had to get a forward - hence Beckford. We lost both full backs hence - Tierney and Baptise. He hoped to get Holden back but he got injured (again!), already had Medo as defensive mid and went for Spearing with the wages we did not have to pay Holden because the USA federation pays them because he was injured playing for them.

So, he's had his hands well and truly tied and hasn't been able to improve the team in its most important position for which the club is paying big wages already for Knight, Wheater, Mills and Ream - non of whom I think are any good as centre backs.

I can understand to some extent why he's done what he's done - he didn't have many other options really.

I think it was a bad error of judgement not to spend the Spearing money on at least one central defender and surely to God he can find players better than Knight, etc to bring in on loan (even from lower league teams), so I guess he is capped on what he can spend on wages?

I personally think and have done for quite some time that the team is unbalanced in midfield - we have no one who can naturally play left and right and sides - we've had a succession of wingers who can't defend or players like Kevin Davies and Pratley - playing out of position - filling out the team sheets.

The consequence of this is that we are prone to be attacked down the flanks and are open to goals from crosses - which the stats clearly show. We then have to play two or more defensive mids - to accommodate our wingers - which might make us more solid in front of the back four but still doesn't stop us being overrun down the flanks and keep leaking goals every game.

Playing 4-2-3-1 simply doesn't address our weakness down the flanks - but what players have we got to play there?

Ideally we want a solid midfield which would allow the fullbacks to overlap down the flanks - but we play the opposite way completely - our flank midfielders are the likes of Lee, Eagles, and Hall - who go forward and leave the fullbacks wide open counter attack. Even if they don't go forward their tackling ability is powder puff and we basically play every match with our fullbacks wide open to attack.

It's hardly rocket science then that we leak goals - how many clean sheets have we had in the last 3 season?

Put simply I believe that Freedman (or anyone for that matter) had too many holes to plug due to Coyle’s gross mismanagement of buying shit players on big wages and long contracts and basing the whole team structure of playing with two attacking wingers in midfield.

He's plugged what he could but he still needs to address the midfield flanks and improve the centre backs - and needs some money for loans to do that urgently before it gets too late.

14How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 20:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Did anybody else see this coming?

The amount of people saying "hes took us from near relegation zone to top 7 how can ya slag him off you idiots" in May. It felt inevitable that we'd have a bad run and see the same people and more calling for his head. It happened with Coyle too.

15How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 20:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

One of the main problems for me is that we have had 2 managers who were in experienced and had never gone through the experience of struggling with a side before, hence not being too sure on how to fix the bad spells when they happen.

IMO we need a manager in who is experienced and has been there and done it, plus a guy who knows how to turn teams fortunes around as it something we seriously need right now.

16How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 20:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

xmiles wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Pulis or Poyet IMO.

Sammy Lee? Shocked affraid 
When I said forget the talk of Phillips and Lee, I meant don't bother contemplating the thought of bringing them in as they are even less experienced than Coyle and Freedman.

Not the way forward at all.

17How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sat Sep 21 2013, 21:00

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:It's hardly his fault that he took over a side with crap players and no money to change things.

He nearly worked a miracle and got us to the play offs but we fell at the last.

I don't believe one person makes a team but it is clear our central defence needed urgent work on it and Dawson was a sticking plaster that worked really well for us.  The thing is though that he went back to his club and for whatever reason we could not get him back for this season (note Dawson was not in West Broms squad today).

Clearly Freedman had to dump some big wages - Sordell, Andrews and Ricketts - and desperately wanted to get shut of others too - Mears, Mills, Ream - to get some wriggle room to bring in cheaper and hopefully better replacements.

Well that hasn't happened.  We lost Davies (and Sordell on loan) so he had to get a forward - hence Beckford.  We lost both full backs hence - Tierney and Baptise.  He hoped to get Holden back but he got injured (again!), already had Medo as defensive mid and went for Spearing with the wages we did not have to pay Holden because the USA federation pays them because he was injured playing for them.

So, he's had his hands well and truly tied and hasn't been able to improve the team in its most important position for which the club is paying big wages already for Knight, Wheater, Mills and Ream - non of whom I think are any good as centre backs.

I can understand to some extent why he's done what he's done - he didn't have many other options really.

I think it was a bad error of judgement not to spend the Spearing money on at least one central defender and surely to God he can find players better than Knight, etc to bring in on loan (even from lower league teams), so I guess he is capped on what he can spend on wages?

I personally think and have done for quite some time that the team is unbalanced in midfield - we have no one who can naturally play left and right and sides - we've had a succession of wingers who can't defend or players like Kevin Davies and Pratley - playing out of position - filling out the team sheets.

The consequence of this is that we are prone to be attacked down the flanks and are open to goals from crosses - which the stats clearly show.  We then have to play two or more defensive mids - to accommodate our wingers - which might make us more solid in front of the back four but still doesn't stop us being overrun down the flanks and keep leaking goals every game.

Playing 4-2-3-1 simply doesn't address our weakness down the flanks - but what players have we got to play there?

Ideally we want a solid midfield which would allow the fullbacks to overlap down the flanks - but we play the opposite way completely - our flank midfielders are the likes of Lee, Eagles, and Hall - who go forward and leave the fullbacks wide open counter attack.  Even if they don't go forward their tackling ability is powder puff and we basically play every match with our fullbacks wide open to attack.

It's hardly rocket science then that we leak goals - how many clean sheets have we had in the last 3 season?

Put simply I believe that Freedman (or anyone for that matter) had too many holes to plug due to Coyle’s gross mismanagement of buying shit players on big wages and long contracts and basing the whole team structure of playing with two attacking wingers in midfield.

He's plugged what he could but he still needs to address the midfield flanks and improve the centre backs - and needs some money for loans to do that urgently before it gets too late.
When you are right, you are so right.  Just wish we could have put the money into Dawson... since we all agree, made the team last season.  OC really did us in with big wages to crappy players.  I hoped Beckford would come good, but DF has not found another diamon in the rough apparently.  Bad luck with injuries and no one servicing the strikers and the strikers falling over their own feet have done us in. 

The question now is how to salvage the season.  Many of the big number players won't be here next year.  Can we survive and finish midtable?  First, as you rightly point out, we have to sort out the defense.  It only takes 3 wins to get you to midtable, even when you are bottom of the table.  If we can't sort this out sooner, rather than later, we will be cut adrift from the pack. 

We can't cut the debt.  We can't afford loan players.  We can't really afford a new manager.  So how do we fix the rot to keep us afloat this season, before wholesale changes can be made for next year?

Can Dougie get tough and bench anyone who does not give his all?  Knight has sat out two games and we still can't get a performance out of the defense.  Do you all think Dougie's tactics are crap (I won't comment since that is out of my realm)?  There has to be a way out of this and I was hopeful when Dougie talked a good game about fitness and no nonsense during practice.  What does he have to do to get a performance out of the players?  Does he need to put the youngsters out there?  Does he need to play everyone in their proper positions?  Last week we had hope as the team seemed to gel and play better.  Today they were donkeys for 5 minutes.  What happened?  Can anyone quantify why we were so bad during that spell?

18How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 00:24

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Freedman is a poor manager and will be sacked soon.I think we will beat Yeovil which will keep him in the job a while longer but he'll be sacked in late October/November.The board won't allow it to carry on.
Baffling decision to appoint him without a promotion on his CV and its another failure from Gartside.3 points from the first  8 games is garbage and worse than anything Coyle or Sammy Lee returned.When you're getting less points in the Championship than Coyle and Lee got in the Premier League, you've got no grounds for complaint when you're sacked

19How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 00:34

I can't see us beating Yeovil. They outplayed QPR today and only lost because Rob Green had a great game and they conceded a penalty.

20How long before the bullet Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 00:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I thought the same thing when I saw Yeovil, if they go at our defence like they did against QPR then we are in trouble.

A defeat against Yeovil at home will probably be a huge nail in the coffin of Dougie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum