Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How long before the bullet

+18
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
terenceanne
Harold77
observer
doffcocker
Sluffy
xmiles
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
Born to be a wanderer
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 03:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Get your money down for a Yeovil away win .......  I can't bet against us but anyone who is not a fan might get some decent odds.

As I stated last week there is no evidence a goal will be scored let alone three points.  Confidence must be worse in the dressing room as each game goes by. I don't know if playing all the kids will do anything...but I'll back it no matter the result.

22How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 07:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll lose our next game then he'll get sacked, he's not up to the job is he ?

23How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 08:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I think Freedman has lost the dressing room unfortunately. It will be difficult to turn this around, ANOTHER fresh face is needed
I'm inclined to agree with you, something is seriously wrong in the dressing room. We should not be bottom of the table with this squad, yes we have some shit players, but most of our players would walk in to most other Championship clubs teams.
Keith Andrews being one to walk in!

24How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 08:37

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

scottjames30 wrote:We'll lose our next game then he'll get sacked, he's not up to the job is he ?
He isn't up to the job no, but I think we'll beat Yeovil and I think we'd beat Yeovil if Sammy Lee, Jimmy Phillips, Owen Coyle, my gran or Fat Frank were managing.We have far better players than Yeovil.It is like when Liverpool had the crap Roy Evans in charge.Their players were always too good  for Bolton to get anything at Anfield despite them having a crap manager.

25How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 08:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Harold77 wrote:
We have far better players than Yeovil.
This is a myth used by the media. Anyone who has watched Bolton this season knows we don't have better players than anyone.

Ngog is a wretched player, absolutely useless. Mills, Wheater, Baptiste and Tierney are just clueless and shouldn't be anywhere near a Championship defence.

Coyle can take some blame, but Dougie has decided to stick with the likes Ngog, Wheater, Mills etc and bought some pisspoor players like Baptiste, Tierney and Beckford.

He needs to be shown the door.

26How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 09:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I honestly don't know whether we'll beat Yeovil or not- but every manager in the division knows that we are easy to beat. We haven't got anyone who's effective in the box the way that SKD (in his pomp) and Klasnic were. Beckford sand N'gog simply don't operate there. They both want balls they can run on to. So- smother those balls from midfield and we won't score. All Yeovil have to do is use the flanks to attack us and they'll score.
I don't think you can blame Dougie for everything- a lot of it you can- he's just hasn't got players who can move the ball quickly enough to feet to create chances.
We're deluded if we think we are in the wrong position in the league- we're exactly where we belong because many of our players ,despite being big names, are simply not good enough

27How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 11:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We do have better players than Yeovil in terms of quality and skill, but you can have all the skill in the world but if you don't have the fight and give 100% in every game you won't beat half the teams in this league.

It's Dougies job to get the best out his players and he just simply isn't doing it right now.

28How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 11:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Harold77 wrote:
We have far better players than Yeovil.
This is a myth used by the media. Anyone who has watched Bolton this season knows we don't have better players than anyone.

Ngog is a wretched player, absolutely useless. Mills, Wheater, Baptiste and Tierney are just clueless and shouldn't be anywhere near a Championship defence.

Coyle can take some blame, but Dougie has decided to stick with the likes Ngog, Wheater, Mills etc and bought some pisspoor players like Baptiste, Tierney and Beckford.

He needs to be shown the door.
His problem is the spine of the team is brittle as hell. Poor CB's, No creative mid and a group of strikers all out of form.

it really has been the perfect storm this season.

29How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 12:05

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Why should  beating yeovil keep him in a job?

30How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 12:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeovil will raise their game and beat us.

31How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 12:18

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Angry Dad wrote:Why should  beating yeovil keep him in a job?
^ This, I think even a draw against Yeovil warrants a sacking, but we'll see what happens on Monday whether Dougie bites the bullet.

32How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 12:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry guys I just will not accept the players aren't good enough. Not looking good enough I fully accept but when you're in the team one week and out the next, when you're playing a different formation and with different team mates all the time how can you ever play as a team? These things as well as the general spirit and atmosphere are entirely down to the management.

Look football is no different in many ways to any other industry or job in that the manager is critical to success. A good manager is worth his or her weight in gold because they just get so much more out of people. Right now we're probably achieving around 60% of what we should be because Freedman doesn't have a clue. The minute he walked into the club with his superior, conceited attitude and insulted SKD over his testimonial, Alonso over a new contract and Keith Andrews about going out on loan he's failed to show any semblance of man management capability. His constant swopping of players and systems, refusal to include younger players and ridiculous statements as well as the debacle over Knight proves it further. The buck stops with Freedman so please stop making excusues for his inadequacies.

33How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 12:54

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Whitesince63 wrote:Sorry guys I just will not accept the players aren't good enough. Not looking good enough I fully accept but when you're in the team one week and out the next, when you're playing a different formation and with different team mates all the time how can you ever play as a team? These things as well as the general spirit and atmosphere are entirely down to the management.

Look football is no different in many ways to any other industry or job in that the manager is critical to success. A good manager is worth his or her weight in gold because they just get so much more out of people. Right now we're probably achieving around 60% of what we should be because Freedman doesn't have a clue. The minute he walked into the club with his superior, conceited attitude and insulted SKD over his testimonial, Alonso over a new contract and Keith Andrews about going out on loan he's failed to show any semblance of man management capability. His constant swopping of players and systems, refusal to include younger players and ridiculous statements as well as the debacle over Knight proves it further. The buck stops with Freedman so please stop making excusues for his inadequacies.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

34How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: The minute he walked into the club with his superior, conceited attitude and insulted SKD over his testimonial, Alonso over a new contract and Keith Andrews about going out on loan he's failed to show any semblance of man management capability. His constant swopping of players and systems, refusal to include younger players and ridiculous statements as well as the debacle over Knight proves it further. The buck stops with Freedman so please stop making excusues for his inadequacies.
I'm no Dougie fan but he was right to ditch Kevin Davies - he had become a liability on and off the pitch.

Alonso had the choice of Wanderers in the Championship or Fiorentina in Serie A - only an idiot would chose Bolton regardless of what money was being offered by both clubs. Not Dougie's fault at all.

Keith Andrews has been shit for Bolton, one of the most anonymous players ever to pull on the white shirt. He was moved on and rightly so.

Of course Dougie takes the blame for the shit tactics, shit formation and shit teamsheet - but if Ngog lets the ball bounce off his shin 20 times a game that's not the managers fault. If Beckford can't score from 6 yards out that's not the managers fault. If the defence can't cut out a simple cross that isn't Freedman's fault.

Blame the manager, but don't be naïve in thinking the players have no part to play.

35How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 13:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sensible points for a change Nat.

Freedman naturally takes some of the blame, but there's a rot thats set in long before he arrived and it's from top to bottom, board to fans IMO.

36How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote: The minute he walked into the club with his superior, conceited attitude and insulted SKD over his testimonial, Alonso over a new contract and Keith Andrews about going out on loan he's failed to show any semblance of man management capability. His constant swopping of players and systems, refusal to include younger players and ridiculous statements as well as the debacle over Knight proves it further. The buck stops with Freedman so please stop making excusues for his inadequacies.
I'm no Dougie fan but he was right to ditch Kevin Davies - he had become a liability on and off the pitch.

Alonso had the choice of Wanderers in the Championship or Fiorentina in Serie A - only an idiot would chose Bolton regardless of what money was being offered by both clubs. Not Dougie's fault at all.

Keith Andrews has been shit for Bolton, one of the most anonymous players ever to pull on the white shirt. He was moved on and rightly so.

Of course Dougie takes the blame for the shit tactics, shit formation and shit teamsheet - but if Ngog lets the ball bounce off his shin 20 times a game that's not the managers fault. If Beckford can't score from 6 yards out that's not the managers fault. If the defence can't cut out a simple cross that isn't Freedman's fault.

Blame the manager, but don't be naïve in thinking the players have no part to play.
F*** me sideways! I agree.
These players earn a fortune and should be able to handle a bit of criticism - good players use criticism to inspire them. I imagine "professional pride" as a motivator in itself is a step too far for some of them, but I won't have it that they're sulking just because Dougie gave them a few home truths.

37How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 13:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

38How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 22:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nat, if you read my post properly instead of putting your own views over it you might see that I was critical of the way Freedman dealt with those players and their situations. We all accept SKD's time was over and he should move on, it's obvious Alonso would choose Fiorentina if offered and I'd be the last to want to retain Andrews but all of these were dealt with appallingly from a man management point of view. His tactics are confusing and variable and added to the lack of people skills must lead to low confidence and bad attitude of players. If you want to continue to absolve him of blame that's up to you but in future read posts as they are written not your modified version.

39How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 22:12

Whitesince63 wrote:Nat, if you read my post properly instead of putting your own views over it you might see that I was critical of the way Freedman dealt with those players and their situations. We all accept SKD's time was over and he should move on, it's obvious Alonso would choose Fiorentina if offered and I'd be the last to want to retain Andrews but all of these were dealt with appallingly from a man management point of view. His tactics are confusing and variable and added to the lack of people skills must lead to low confidence and bad attitude of players. If you want to continue to absolve him of blame that's up to you but in future read posts as they are written not your modified version.
Nat's right, Dougie has to take the blame for some things but you're talking rubbish about Andrews, Alonso and Davies. Davies was clearly bitter about not being offered a new contract, this is business he's shown himself up since leaving IMO, Dougie's the manager and took  the correct decision to let him go. How could he have handled it differently?

You've invented any mis handling of Alonso, he got a better offer and went. Again I don't know what you'd like to be done differently. I think for all three you need to be more specific because I haven't seen any evidence to support what you're saying. Not to mention the lack of people skills comment, how could you know that?

I understand fans moaning about his tactics/selections after such a poor start, they're fair criticisms. The rest is entirely your own opinions that's not actually backed up in anyway.

40How long before the bullet - Page 2 Empty Re: How long before the bullet Sun Sep 22 2013, 22:22

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Back at school are we 74, thought you hadn't been around as much. I can understand you wouldn't see the logic in an intelligent post like mine but don't worry I'll not hold it against you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum