Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Yeovil.

+22
chipbutty
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
Keegan
wanderlust
Mo
Sluffy
gloswhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
Tigermin
kennster
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
NickFazer
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

IF and it's a big IF this is true then this will keep Dougie in a job until it's official.

102Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:I have a mole telling me that the club is being sold and the sale will be announced in the next few weeks.
I read that on another forum someone with a "reliable contact" saying we've been sold to "one of the richest men on the planet"

interesting business decision if true.

103Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:32

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

That is Y we are spending nothing, also Eddie was here the other week.

104Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Surely there are more promising 'sleeping giants' than us ?  Although, a mere £130m for someone with such a reputation, would be small change. If this is true, then our history would stand us in good stead, even quite recently, but certainly not our present situation. I think this is wishful thinking from someone who is watching us on the edge of the abyss.

105Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:43

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
kennster wrote:I have a mole telling me that the club is being sold and the sale will be announced in the next few weeks.
I read that on another forum someone with a "reliable contact" saying we've been sold to "one of the richest men on the planet"

interesting business decision if true.

But if he was watching today he might have changed his mind........

106Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:43

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

As far as I no, a deal will be done very soon.

107Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I read on another forum that it's Kia motors that are interested in buying the club, they are a business worth 350 billion.

108Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 19:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

KIA motors? Are they owned by one person?

Are there any clubs that are owned by a company, rather than a person who owns a company, and who buys a club? Is corporate ownership of a club permitted?

109Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:01

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

gloswhite wrote:KIA motors? Are they owned by one person?

Are there any clubs that are owned by a company, rather than a person who owns a company, and who buys a club? Is corporate ownership of a club permitted?
Yes Blackburn

110Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I haven't asked the question right, because Middlebrook own Bolton. Time for a lie down

111Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside won't be happy as he's making a fortune out of our club.

112Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:03

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Have 40 winks, you old sod.

113Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I might make it 50

114Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:KIA motors? Are they owned by one person?

No- they're a listed company in Korea with Hyundai being the biggest shareholder owning 33% of them.
They already sponsor lots of events. That seems to be their approach- to sponsor teams and events.
There is nothing to stop a corporate body owning a club, and that's probably how most wealthy people own clubs- through their own investment companies.
I think we can probably discount KIA as a new owner

115Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't say this takeover rumour was exactly "red hot"

as far as I'm aware it's one person saying they have a "source" on another forum.

116Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks Rammy. You eloquently stated what I was trying to get out.

117Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 20:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

HN, you of all people should know that ANY view or comment should be validated where possible Very Happy

118Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sat Sep 28 2013, 21:42

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:I read on another forum that it's Kia motors that are interested in buying the club, they are a business worth 350 billion.
Volkswagen own Wolfsburg

119Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sun Sep 29 2013, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One thing that might lend the idea of a takeover any credence is that it's a good time to buy as our cache is at it's lowest for some considerable time and the current owners may want out.
That said, the greedy f*****s may well stymie the deal by trying to cash in rather than encourage potential buyers.

Also "one of the richest men on the planet" implies an individual rather than a corporation - and I'm sure that he didn't get that rich by throwing his money around.

ED is a relatively known factor, but gawd knows what a new owner would bring to the table.
One thing is for sure - there aren't many assets left to strip.

120Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Sun Sep 29 2013, 17:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I've heard he'll be up the road by Monday.
You say this every week. I reckon your mole will come good soon though.
If Freedman gets sacked will you apologize to me Nat , for being rude to me ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum