Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Yeovil.

+22
chipbutty
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
Keegan
wanderlust
Mo
Sluffy
gloswhite
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
Tigermin
kennster
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
NickFazer
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:05

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pulis ?? PULIS FFS get a fucking grip,I would rather keep fucking Freedman . Jesus Christ sometimes !!!

22Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
NickFazer wrote:Its all too easy to blame the manager I'm afraid. The real culprits are the ones who pull on the shirt and take to the field, it doesn't matter what formation you play if you don't put a shift in and I have to say that we have too many that don't then you will lose more often than not. 

If these players have any pride then they need to show it on Saturday, weather they get on with Freedman or not, weather they agree with his tactics or not, weather they like their team mates or not they get paid to play for this club and none of them have performed for a full 90 minutes in any game so far this season. That is why we are bottom of this league, Freedman will ultimately carry the can but even though this lot are no where near good enough to challenge for promotion they are certainly not so crap that we should be propping up the league.
I agree Nick. Unfortunately though there are too many half wits out there who think all of our problems can be solved by going 442 and booting it long (despite the fact these same fans moaned when Coyle had us doing that).

People wanting Pulis or Mick McCarthy in are laughable, we'd be fucked with either in charge we don't have the players to play their system and you can forget it if anyone thinks either would give youth a go. The fans would hate them in no time, but at least Scott's (probably) heard of them both.
To go from how we were towards the end of last season to pre season and the new season, there has obviously something gone on behind the scenes.

It's not just about the players on the pitch for the 90 minutes they play every game, it is also about what happens behind the scenes and Dougie is obviously doing something wrong with also not dropping the bag of shits and trying something new.

It took him until the Derby game to start dropping Knight to the bench and still not trying any of the youngsters which clearly shows that he would rather be in fucking denial and stay in the shit because it is all he knows.

He may have just got lucky when he was appointed manager and the players started to perform much better, only time will tell if this will happen again.

Last edited by karlypants on Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:33; edited 1 time in total

23Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:32

Of course he takes a chunk of the blame, he's the manager.

I'd like to see him given time to turn it around though, and I think our problems won't be solved simply by a change of manager.

The last sentence in your post is the kind of nonsense I hate. What on earth does that mean? Dropping the club captain at this point in the season is a strong move, he had to be given a chance to improve his form, bare in mind of the defenders on our books he's been the best for the last few years. The fact he hasn't played the youngsters means one thing and one thing only, that he doesn't think they're good enough at this point. I've no idea if he's right and you don't know that he's wrong. There's a ridiculous amount of genuine issues to moan about at the moment we don't need to invent more.

24Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The kind of nonsense I hate is apologists like you who can't see what's in front of their own eyes. Anyway you keep turning a blind eye to Freedman's inabilities then when we're relegated you can spend the season realising what a dick you are.

25Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'd just be wrong about Freedman. I don't see why it makes him a dick because he doesn't share your opinion.

26Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:49

lol! 

You can't stand the fact I have a different opinion to you Whites. Hence you try and insult me all over this football forum. I couldn't care less if you don't like my opinion, all I want from you is a reasoned argument you actually back up with some facts. 

So far Im yet to read anything of the sort.

27Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 22:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He'd just be wrong about Freedman. I don't see why it makes him a dick because he doesn't share your opinion.

I agree with Hipster.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing and share the same passion, it's a bit over the top calling someone a dick in my opinion just because we all don't agree with each other sometimes.

28Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 23:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally I don't give a fcuk what other people think. We all have a brain and are quite capable of thinking for ourselves. Personally, I think Dougie is under pressure. Our results have been woeful and the fans are getting on his back ( some of them disgracefully imo ) The clown and his daughter on Youtube at the Brighton game are a good example.

I have a feeling that Dougie might just be the manager we are looking for to turn things round but he needs time. Slagging him off in public doesn't help matters.

29Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Mon Sep 23 2013, 23:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

74 I apologise I accept I have been a bit harsh and I do also accept we all have differing views but your constant uncritical stance on DF does wind me up a tad. Anyway views make a forum so respecting yours I'll try to temper my responses on the basis we all want the same thing at the end of the day for Wanderers. ;-))

30Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 06:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Know-it-all? Bit strong, I wouldn't claim to know everything Scott. I don't think we'll get an improvement so I'd back Dougie to turn it round.

Doesn't look likely though does it ?

I cant remember seeing us this poor with our 'so called captain' sat on the bench, its a joke really.

But lets sick with Freedman's style of football bwfc1874, its obviously working.

31Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 08:03

I don't think a change of manager will improve anything. I still feel that Dougie can turn it around, he's made mistakes but he's making changes to try and improve it. I think we need stability at the moment, as I don't think there's an available manager who would firstly take the job, but then also be able to improve us.

One of the main criticisms of Dougie is that he's too negative, I agree and think we need to get on the front foot more. If we take the game to our opponents at least it will relieve some of the pressure on the defence. But there isn't a more negative manager than Tony Pulis, the reason Stoke have had to offer free coach travel to away games is due to his tactics away from home every week in the premier league, never looking to win the match. He'd be hated at Bolton. Not to mention he needs 2 of three things to succeed, a good defence, a target man of a chunk of money to go and get them. We have none of those 3, I'd really fear for us if we appointed him.

32Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 09:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I don't think a change of manager will improve anything. I still feel that Dougie can turn it around, he's made mistakes but he's making changes to try and improve it. I think we need stability at the moment, as I don't think there's an available manager who would firstly take the job, but then also be able to improve us.

A change of manager won't change the standard of the squad, but given time a good manager can improve players (it used to be their job not so long ago).

But what a change of manager will do is improve the motivation of the team. I've watched some wretched stuff under Fat Sam, Lee, Megson & Coyle, but nothing comes close to the crap under Freedman. At least if the players gave a shit we might see an improvement.

When you've had your worst start for 100 YEARS, I don't see how a change of manager can make things any worse.

33Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 10:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sorry but I've seen games, and I saw a lot of games under Megson and Lee live and Freedman hasn't come close to plumbing those depths.

that is simply not true.

Coyle was much much worse in terms of standard of football too.

but at the end of the day none of them have done anything to write home about.

34Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 11:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm sorry but I've seen games, and I saw a lot of games under Megson and Lee live and Freedman hasn't come close to plumbing those depths.

that is simply not true.

Coyle was much much worse in terms of standard of football too.

but at the end of the day none of them have done anything to write home about.
Nailed on.

35Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 16:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote: But there isn't a more negative manager than Tony Pulis,
I take it you were washing your hair when everyone was leaving Wembley at 4-0.

36Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 17:59

Don't be so thick Scott, one result doesn't say anything about the rest of his time at the club. You don't have to take my word for it ask any Stoke fan about Pulis and his approach. The fact they're now having to offer free away travel (a fantastic gesture by the club) says it all, their away attendances were dwindling as a direct result of his negativity.

37Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listen, Bolton will never play like Barca or Arsenal, your way of thinking is bullshit.

Get Pulis in and make them hard to beat.

38Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:24

It's nothing to do with playing like Barcelona or Arsenal - even though you don't have to be a big team to play great football look at Swansea.

You've missed/completely ignored the important points so I'll repeat them for you -

One of the main criticisms of Dougie is that he's too negative but the reason Stoke have had to offer free coach travel to away games is due to the extremely negative tactics Pulis employed away from home, how do you think the fans (probably the ones like you) would react after a season of 1-0 losses away from home? 

He needs 2 of three things to succeed, a good defence, a target man or money to go and get them. We have none of those 3. How would he get this team playing to their strengths as another poster on here suggested? 

The point about money is also very important, people seem to think he operated to a tight budget at Stoke, the truth is he had something like the 3rd highest net spend in the Premier League since 2005. 

39Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:It's nothing to do with playing like Barcelona or Arsenal - even though you don't have to be a big team to play great football look at Swansea.

You've missed/completely ignored the important points so I'll repeat them for you -

One of the main criticisms of Dougie is that he's too negative but the reason Stoke have had to offer free coach travel to away games is due to the extremely negative tactics Pulis employed away from home, how do you think the fans (probably the ones like you) would react after a season of 1-0 losses away from home? 

He needs 2 of three things to succeed, a good defence, a target man or money to go and get them. We have none of those 3. How would he get this team playing to their strengths as another poster on here suggested? 

The point about money is also very important, people seem to think he operated to a tight budget at Stoke, the truth is he had something like the 3rd highest net spend in the Premier League since 2005. 
Well, we're still waiting for the big turn around as you keep saying.

40Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil. Tue Sep 24 2013, 20:33

Unless you think Tony Pulis is the only manager in the world who could replace Freedman then that is a pretty dim comment.

All Im saying is Tony Pulis would be a disaster IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum