Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A proper name is needed for this forum

+17
gloswhite
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Mr Magoo
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
jayjay23
bwfc71
wanderlust
doffcocker
Sluffy
largehat
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Maybe change it to Kim Jong Il's Lounge. ::rules::

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just read this for the first time.

What about 'Bull and Balls ? Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:Maybe change it to Kim Jong Il's Lounge. A proper name is needed for this forum - Page 4 458577120

I guess if this is in response to you having a Burnley thread deleted, then I'm probably in full agreement with you.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever to allow a Blackburn 'character' to freely wum the forum and yet prevent a Burnley 'supporter' to make a comment about his team.

I am unaware however of anything that may have happened after the first couple of posts on your thread which may have caused one of the other mods to delete the thread but I would have hoped that they would had contacted you by pm as to why they took whatever action they did.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It wasn't even started as a wind up thread (I'd have put it on the other board if it was), alright there wasn't much substance to the subject. However, you'd have thought that talking about Europe's top goalscorer would be a valid subject on this Off Topic/Other football board.

Obviously I knew some of the more delicate souls of this site would have kicked up a bit of a fuss, calling me or Burnley but that can/should be a bit of fun.

One post simply said something like 'what a pointless thread', well I'd say it's pointless posting on a thread that you have no interest in.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:One post simply said something like 'what a pointless thread', well I'd say it's pointless posting on a thread that you have no interest in.

What a pointless comment.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It got deleted?

Jesus.

For the record my catchphrase of "i trust the mods will step in" is a joke.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As for the thread topic....

This section is called "Wandering Minds". I like that name, I think we should keep it.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It got deleted?

Jesus.

I trust the admins with step in...

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It got deleted?

Jesus.

I didn't think any different Hipster.

Your post certainly got the sheep following you. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't know why the thread was removed or who did it but as I say there's not much point in having a Blackburn character wum the forum daily in fun if supporters from other teams are not allowed to do the same.

I took the thread to be about a general interest / bit of fun too - isn't that what our forum is about anyway?

As I say I don't know what comments were made later in the thread and maybe there was good reasons to remove it, but at the very least I feel that you should have received some explanation by pm as the thread starter as to why it had been taken down.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair, I do think the thread was a pointless one to post on a Bolton forum, but I also don't think it should have been removed. It would have disappeared down the forum in it's own time.

Maybe you should post a new thread, "Charlie Austin: Your Thoughts?" Something like that maybe...

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:It's said by anybody when they really just mean 'communicating' in general.
I'm sick of hearing people say "we were having a bit of banter" when all they actually mean is they were having a conversation - which didn't necessarily involve any banter.

NOT FORGETTING...

the people who have even gone a step further and decided that banter can be something you possess, aswell as participate in.
I've heard "I really like him, because he's got banter!" and "The things I look for in a woman include, looks, good body, banter..."
What's that all about?

Some people call it 'Bants', - this upsets me.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lt. Boon wrote:

Maybe you should post a new thread, "Charlie Austin: Your Thoughts?" Something like that maybe...

Oh yes, I can see the replies to that now and the exact posters who make them.

No crystal ball needed. Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I don't know why the thread was removed or who did it but as I say there's not much point in having a Blackburn character wum the forum daily in fun if supporters from other teams are not allowed to do the same.

I took the thread to be about a general interest / bit of fun too - isn't that what our forum is about anyway?

As I say I don't know what comments were made later in the thread and maybe there was good reasons to remove it, but at the very least I feel that you should have received some explanation by pm as the thread starter as to why it had been taken down.

One forum dickhead is more than enough. Why a Burnley fan feels the need to come on here and spout bollocks is beyond me.

And why grown men and women need an explanation why a post/thread was removed is also beyond me. Does anyone really care?

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'One forum dickhead is more than enough.'

Yes we can't have anyone else treading on your toes now.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I don't know why the thread was removed or who did it but as I say there's not much point in having a Blackburn character wum the forum daily in fun if supporters from other teams are not allowed to do the same.

One forum dickhead is more than enough. Why a Burnley fan feels the need to come on here and spout bollocks is beyond me.

And why grown men and women need an explanation why a post/thread was removed is also beyond me. Does anyone really care?

a bit ironic

Laughing

Last edited by Hipster_Nebula on Wed Nov 07 2012, 21:00; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:'One forum dickhead is more than enough.'

Yes we can't have anyone else treading on your toes now.

Say goodbye CD, you're about to be moved on.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's just a bit of banter isn't it? A proper name is needed for this forum - Page 4 3077217049

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That wouldn't be fair. She's only got 5 toes compared to your 6.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes, people do.

I can quote you numerous instances of when people have left forums because of heavy handed modding - indeed that's the very reason why Bolton Banter is as dead as it is - it's hard to believe that at one time it was rivalling Wanderers Ways as the busiest Wanderers forum around!

If people have their posts edited or removed simply because a mod doesn't personally like what it says then people are simply going to stop posting and go somewhere else - its as simple as that.

Indeed I remember on a number of occasions on other forums in the past when you've actually led protests about this exact sort of behaviour from mods.

I supported your views then and I still think they are right now even if you as a 'lady' may have since changed your mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum