Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney

+12
BoltonTillIDie
Cardiff Fan
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Whitesince63
karlypants
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
kennster
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 08:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's good news! He'll fit right in if he can't pass Wink

22Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 08:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good loans for this league if the price is right. Should at least engender some competition and drive. Was hoping for the cardiff CB though. Still, we'll see what happens.

23Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 09:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks for the info Cardiff.

Anybody else decent who can't get in your team you can recommend to us?

24Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 09:51

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think there might just be one more loan signing coming in. Dougie is after a "out and out" striker apparently.

25Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 10:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Thanks for the info Cardiff.

Sluffy - if this is sarcasm, it implies that you think that somehow Cardiff are not a better team than us, which is patently untrue.
I'm sure you meant it as a genuine request, but just in case I'd like to make the following point:

Cardiff are far better than us at the moment and I don't see any problem in accepting that fact or feeding off their scraps.
I suspect that many of the whingeing "fans" like those dicks shouting at the coach are in complete denial of the fact that we are what we are and every club in the Championship and PL are better than us - for now.
Leeds, Rovers and even Yeovil are better than us. Sad to say, but the table doesn't lie.
The sooner the whingers accept that fact, the sooner we can start moving forward - and if that means borrowing players from clubs we once thought we were superior to, that's absolutely fine if it helps us progress.
The time for feeling superior is still a long way off so for now a bit of reality and humility wouldn't go amiss.
We'll come back when we're good and ready.

26Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 10:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Feeney signs on loan for 3 months:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

27Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 11:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:

I'm sure you meant it as a genuine request...
I did.

I'm an old bloke and still see football as a game and something to have a laugh at when things go wrong - which they have many, many times following Bolton over the years.

I want Bolton to do well of course but at the end of the day it is all meaningless entertainment - something that lives for a season only and starts afresh the next.

How people take a game so bloody seriously as to want to be obnoxious, abusive and vitriolic about it is beyond my comprehension.

It always as been - I've always seen humour in football - not anger.

Back in the day I'd probably walk away from the match laughing at how useless our players were, go for a pint, then forget all about it until the following week when once again I turn up to support the lads.

These days in my opinion things fester and anger (and even hatred) grows because people get no break away from football for a few days because of the 24/7 use of social media - including sites such as fans forums such as this.

Things somehow seem to grow completely out of proportion to what they actually are.

The Cardiff fan went out of his way to post something about a player he knows about - he didn't have to go that trouble, so the least I felt that I should do was to thank him for it and encourage him to visit again by trying to enter into a bit of dialogue with him.

To be totally honest I don't think for one moment that someone from the club would be reading 'Cardiff's' suggestions and acting on them - I'm sure they've got their own ideas and plans already - but it was my attempt to show a bit of respect to the poster by showing an interest of sorts in his club and players - and an attempt to show the forum as being an open and friendly place generally.

Anyway 'Cardiff fan', if you do read this I hope you can forgive our last couple of posts - its clear that many of us are tetchy and agitated over our clubs performance and failings right now.

28Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 11:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The obligatory Youtube clip -

29Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 11:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I thought they were an Irish folk duo!?!

30Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 12:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping the video isn't a compilation of all his goals.

31Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 14:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets face it they will at least come in and put some effort in which is more than can be said for some of our current first team

32Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 15:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

McNaughton is certainly a battler and a leader - and not a bad defender either.

33Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:McNaughton is certainly a battler and a leader - and not a bad defender either.
If that's true I hope Freedman picks him, somehow I doubt it though.

34Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 15:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have to try Baptiste at centre half as that is his best position, all the other combinations haven't worked.

35Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 15:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:we have to try Baptiste at centre half as that is his best position, all the other combinations haven't worked.
I think that that as to be the reasoning about bringing McNaughton in, as I believe his position is a right back. Why would we bring someone in to be a back up right back when we already have Mears doing that job - unless Mears is being loaned out?

If the intention is to move Baptiste to centre back then it doesn't really say much about Freemans judgement, as he's just made Knight captain and gave Wheater a three year deal - and unless he plays with three centre backs - it looks as though he's realised he's dropped a huge bollock with at least one of them - maybe even both!

36Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 16:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it did puzzle me when he signed Baptiste and said he would play at right back as i have only ever thought of him as a centre half, i hope he's realised he's wrong but whu only sign McNaughton for a month? Is that all Cardiff were prepared to let him go for?
As for 3 at the back, Dougie did mention this back in pre-season but don't think he ever actually tried it. It would need good attacking full backs for it to work though.

37Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 17:07

Cardiff Fan

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I'm sure you meant it as a genuine request...
I did.

I'm an old bloke and still see football as a game and something to have a laugh at when things go wrong - which they have many, many times following Bolton over the years.

I want Bolton to do well of course but at the end of the day it is all meaningless entertainment - something that lives for a season only and starts afresh the next.

How people take a game so bloody seriously as to want to be obnoxious, abusive and vitriolic about it is beyond my comprehension.

It always as been - I've always seen humour in football - not anger.  

Back in the day I'd probably walk away from the match laughing at how useless our players were, go for a pint, then forget all about it until the following week when once again I turn up to support the lads.

These days in my opinion things fester and anger (and even hatred) grows because people get no break away from football for a few days because of the 24/7 use of social media - including sites such as fans forums such as this.

Things somehow seem to grow completely out of proportion to what they actually are.

The Cardiff fan went out of his way to post something about a player he knows about - he didn't have to go that trouble, so the least I felt that I should do was to thank him for it and encourage him to visit again by trying to enter into a bit of dialogue with him.

To be totally honest I don't think for one moment that someone from the club would be reading 'Cardiff's' suggestions and acting on them - I'm sure they've got their own ideas and plans already - but it was my attempt to show a bit of respect to the poster by showing an interest of sorts in his club and players - and an attempt to show the forum as being an open and friendly place generally.

Anyway 'Cardiff fan', if you do read this I hope you can forgive our last couple of posts - its clear that many of us are tetchy and agitated over our clubs performance and failings right now.
No need to apologise, as a long-time supporter of my club I know exactly how it feels to be at the wrong end of the table, it's not nice and feelings can run high as a result. Sometimes when other clubs' fans weigh in with their thoughts and opinions, they can come across as trying to sound superior or patronising - that wasn't my intention.

As I said earlier, good luck and I hope you can start putting some results together and that "Super Kev" can play a part in that.

38Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 17:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Cardiff.
I think the main concern is our central defence which is leakier than a broken sieve. If you can arrange for Hudson to give Kev McN a lift up to the Reebok it would be greatly appreciated.

39Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 17:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cheers Cardiff.

The 'snappinest' of the earlier posts had more to do between feelings amongst our own fans rather than towards you as a welcomed new member to our site, so apologies if we made you feel awkward in anyway.

Anyway I do hope that McNaughton is every bit as successful as one of your old boys who starred for us - Nathan Blake - if he is I'm sure we would be joining you in the Premier next season!

All the best and feel free to join in with the banter on here anytime - we already have a resident Burnley fan so any other club supporter is obviously going to be a vast improvement on him!!!

(only joking Copper Dragon!)

40Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Mcnaughton & Liam Feeney Fri Sep 27 2013, 18:16

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:it did puzzle me when he signed Baptiste and said he would play at right back as i have only ever thought of him as a centre half, i hope he's realised he's wrong but whu only sign McNaughton for a month? Is that all Cardiff were prepared to let him go for?
From what I've heard, McNaughton is initially coming for a month, but the loan can be extended if he impresses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum