Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are you? - Liam Feeney

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Who are you? - Liam Feeney Tue May 27 2014, 20:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A quick introduction to our newest 'official' signing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Liam Michael Feeney-Howard  was born on the 21st January, 1987 which makes him 27 years old.

Feeney joined League One side Southend United on loan from non-league Salisbury City until 3rd January 2009 in November 2008.  He made his debut (and only league appearance for them) after coming on as an 80th minute substitute in a 3–0 defeat to Leicester City on 6th December.  He signed for Bournemouth on 2 February for an undisclosed fee.

Feeney scored his first goal for Bournemouth during a 4–0 win over high flyers Rochdale.

He went on to make 109 league appearances for the 'cheries' scoring 12 goals.

He made his Millwall debut on 11th September 2011 against Birmingham City.  He was released by Millwall on 10 May 2014 after 73 league games and 5 goals.

On 27th September 2013 he joined Bolton on a three month loan deal.

He made his Bolton debut as a substitute for Lee Chung-Yong, the following day in a 1-1 draw against Yeovil Town at the Reebok Stadium.

Having impressed during his short stay at the Reebok Stadium, parent-club Millwall exercised their right to activate a 28-day recall clause due to injuries in their squad, meaning an earlier than expected return to The Den.  Liam played 4 league games for us but did not find the back of the net in any of the games.

Later the same season Feeney again went out on loan this time to Blackburn making just 6 league appearances and no goals.

A youtube clip of what he is capable of -

On 19 May 2014, Bolton Wanderers announced that Feeney would rejoin the club on a permanent deal once his Millwall contract had expired.

Welcome aboard Liam.

Author: Sluffy

2Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 09:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Benchwarmer? Or rather he's like most of the squad - needs to step up to another level and play at his best consistently if we are to have any chance of promotion next season.

3Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 09:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amazing that the second in command of the happy clappers is already dissing Feeney for inconsistency - despite only having played 4 games, all of which he performed well in.

He also gave the only commanding performance by a Bolton player all season, away at Birmingham.

But yes, utter shite!

4Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 11:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from those 4 games in which he was great in one, didn't you watch him in Rovers televised match? Or can't you tell the characteristics of a player from watching him? Or listen to what the fans who've seen him a lot say? 
Nobody apart from you has said he's "utter shite" but personally I think he's inconsistent and would have to play to the top of his ability to make a big impact.
If he was a consistently brilliant performer do you think we'd be getting him on a free?
Dougie reckons he can improve him and I reckon he'll have to.

5Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 11:55

Freedman's got previous in taking inconsistent wingers and getting the best out if them - Bolasie. He's going to need to do the same here, Feeney was superb at Birmingham, we haven't had a winger who can get to the byline and put a dangerous ball across in a long time, if he can do that consistently we'll be flying Juke in particular would benefit massively.

6Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 12:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Freedman's got previous in taking inconsistent wingers and getting the best out if them - Bolasie. He's going to need to do the same here, Feeney was superb at Birmingham, we haven't had a winger who can get to the byline and put a dangerous ball across in a long time, if he can do that consistently we'll be flying Juke in particular would benefit massively.
That clearly is the plan and like you I hope Feeney cuts the mustard.

7Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Apart from those 4 games in which he was great in one, didn't you watch him in Rovers televised match? Or can't you tell the characteristics of a player from watching him? Or listen to what the fans who've seen him a lot say? 

I couldn't care less how a player performs for another club - I judge a player on how he plays for us. He played really well in all his games for us - especially away at Blackpool and Birmingham when teams came at us.

To say he is inconsistent (especially when you probably didn't see any games he played) is simply ridiculous. Inconsistent compared to what? How many Bolton players in the last few seasons have been consistently good?

8Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 15:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha, you obviously know Wanderlust is right.

What do you honestly think says the most about Feeney? The 100+ games he played for Millwall or the 4 that he played for us?

It's pointless having this debate anyway, we all know if he's crap in his first game for us, you'll be saying we should never have signed the ponce.

9Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 16:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Natasha, you obviously know Wanderlust is right.

What do you honestly think says the most about Feeney? The 100+ games he played for Millwall or the 4 that he played for us?

It's pointless having this debate anyway, we all know if he's crap in his first game for us, you'll be saying we should never have signed the ponce.

Just because your balls have just dropped, don't think you can get cocky.

We all know players perform differently at different clubs. Michael Ricketts couldn't miss in a white shirt, as soon as he went elsewhere he was a disaster. Per Frandsen was a Bolton hero, a total donkey at Rovers, then re-found his form when he signed for Bolton again.

Feeney played well in a white shirt and was more consistent than any BWFC player of the last 3 years.

10Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 16:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Apart from those 4 games in which he was great in one, didn't you watch him in Rovers televised match? Or can't you tell the characteristics of a player from watching him? Or listen to what the fans who've seen him a lot say? 

I couldn't care less how a player performs for another club - I judge a player on how he plays for us. 
Dear me Nat - that's just a barefaced lie. 
I can't begin to enumerate the number of players that have been linked to us who you have dismissed as "lightweight", "crap" or worse before they've even pulled the shirt on.

You clearly judge players by what you read in the media - although with your track record of predictions and knowledge of football and footballers it's probably your best bet TBF.

11Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 16:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I can't begin to enumerate the number of players that have been linked to us who you have dismissed as "lightweight", "crap" or worse before they've even pulled the shirt on.

Those players are different, I haven't seen them in a white shirt so all you can do is judge them on their form at other clubs.

12Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 17:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Those players are different, I haven't seen them in a white shirt so all you can do is judge them on their form at other clubs.
 :rofl:

13Who are you? - Liam Feeney Empty Re: Who are you? - Liam Feeney Wed May 28 2014, 17:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
We all know players perform differently at different clubs. Michael Ricketts couldn't miss in a white shirt, as soon as he went elsewhere he was a disaster. Per Frandsen was a Bolton hero, a total donkey at Rovers, then re-found his form when he signed for Bolton again.

And you've decided on the basis of a few decent performances that Feeney is another example of this?

It's quite possible that the performances he put in here were consistent with his trend of form at Millwall. Two or three great games here, nine or ten anonymous displays there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum