Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what team would you pick for saturday v QPR

+7
Bolton Nuts
Quent
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Born to be a wanderer
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Personally id go with Bogden,Riley,Wheater,Ream,Ricketts.Defence Id take a punt on Riley as Steinnson has not covered himself in glory including the Millwall match.Riley is faster and if your good enough your old enough.IE Robinson had plenty of experience came on v Blackburn gave a pen away that was a pen but wasnt given.Then Newcastle who can forget that match.So thats why Riley would play for me.Midfield Petrov left side Myachi Right side.Mark Davies central free roaming position.Holding Midfielders Muamba,ReoCoker.and finally N;gog. So FFS Coyle last chance saloon.Evil or Very Mad

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait to see JayJay's team.

He'll pick O halloran and Eaves.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan

Gretar Wheater Ream Ricketts

Eagles Muamba Reo-Coker Myachi

Klasnic Sordell

We have to score some goals. 4-5-1 might suit our players better but we simply don't score enough goals to win matches. Our leading scorer MUST be on the pitch and it's time to unleash Sordell to play alongside Klasnic.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bogdan

Klasnic Sordell

Good team selection, if we went 4-4-2 that is by far our best side, maybe N'gog instead of Sordell but I want to see this lad in action.

Both teams are shit, lets not sugar coat it, which ever team scores 1st on saturday will pick up 3 points IMO.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bogdan

Klasnic Sordell

We have to score some goals. 4-5-1 might suit our players better but we simply don't score enough goals to win matches. Our leading scorer MUST be on the pitch and it's time to unleash Sordell to play alongside Klasnic.

I would love to see this starting lineup but there is no way that Coyle will start Klasnic or Sordell let alone both. I think he will go for 4-5-1 with Ngog up front. I just hope he doesn't include Knight.

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I would also love to see that starting line-up, but it's way too bold for Mr Coyle and would mean trusting someone he'd paid £3m for! Coyle prefers to stick with tried and tested failure.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bogdan
Riley Wheater Ream Ricketts
Muamba
Miyachi Mavies NRC Petrov
Sordell

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see there's not much of a queue to play Pratley again.
I like Biggie's 4141 but Sordell will have to have been dynamite in training to have any chance for consideration.
And if Petrov plays I hope he's got his radar working this time and doesn't waste good possession with crap crosses and speculative shots as he does too frequently.
I'd play Riley at R Mid and stick Ryo on the left instead of Petrov with Mears if available or Steinsson if pushed at RB.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have to say after the Wigan incident (or the whole year of evidence) I think going 4-4-2 would be a massive mistake. If Eagles starts I will cry, our second worst player next to Knight now that robbo has left, and he would lose us the game.

QPR are a good squad, just not a great team.. yet.

We need therefore to be strong in midfield to support our defence and not let there very good attacking players have much chance. Remember this isnt the team we played on the first day of the season, they have so many new players now, and a new manager, so that 0-4 means nothing at all.

I want to see:

------------Bogdan
Riley----Ream----Wheater----Alonso
Ryo---Muamba---M.Davies---Reo-coker---Petrov
--------------N'gog

Ryo can and has played on the right in the past.. hes right footed. Petrov has played well (compared to team performance) this season. I think im right in thinking Alonso and Riley are back and fit but if not obviously stick in Steinson and Ricketts.

going 4-4-2 to get goals is all well and good but.. 4-5-1 will stop them scoring,and with Ryo, M.Davies and N'gog im hopeful we could get a goal, or a few.

I we cant we can always take of Petrov at 60 mins for Sordell, put Ryo left and M.Davies right and try to get one. Id rather do that than start 4-4-2 and go behind with no back up plan.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

I want to see:

------------Bogdan
--------------N'gog

I just don't understand why you would want to see that team as it's virtually the one that has been pisspoor for the last few weeks. We aren't going to get out of this mess with Ngog upfront, the guy is clueless. And it's time for Mark Davies to be dropped, he is rubbish.

If we keep a solid central midfield with NRC & Muamba, with Eagles & Ryo on the wings we will be ok.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:

I want to see:

------------Bogdan
--------------N'gog

I just don't understand why you would want to see that team as it's virtually the one that has been pisspoor for the last few weeks. We aren't going to get out of this mess with Ngog upfront, the guy is clueless. And it's time for Mark Davies to be dropped, he is rubbish.

If we keep a solid central midfield with NRC & Muamba, with Eagles & Ryo on the wings we will be ok.

You mean the last few weeks of: City, Chelsea and Wigan.

Losing to city and chelsea doesnt make you shit.

And we did't play a team slightly similar to this against Wigan.

In fact the time when we did play a team similar to this we got good results.

Solid midfield and Eagles should never be used in the same sentence, he has almost the worse passing ability of our entire team, his crossing is woeful and is one of our most physically weak players.

I can admit that N'gog isnt a poacher, therefore my reasoning for putting on Sordell if we arn't scoring. But we have to face it that we dont have any star strikers. Non of our strikers have the ability to win us a game, and that includes Klasnic.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:
You mean the last few weeks of: City, Chelsea and Wigan.

Losing to city and chelsea doesnt make you shit.

And we did't play a team slightly similar to this against Wigan.

In fact the time when we did play a team similar to this we got good results.

Solid midfield and Eagles should never be used in the same sentence, he has almost the worse passing ability of our entire team, his crossing is woeful and is one of our most physically weak players.

I can admit that N'gog isnt a poacher, therefore my reasoning for putting on Sordell if we arn't scoring. But we have to face it that we dont have any star strikers. Non of our strikers have the ability to win us a game, and that includes Klasnic.

Are you a Blackburn fan? Klasnic is the one player who can score a goal from nothing.

And for the record I said a solid CENTRAL midfield of NRC and Muamba. Eagles is far from perfect, but when Bolton have won games Eagles has always played a huge part. Ditto Klasnic. Ridiculous to keep picking Ngog who can't score for shite.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

And for the record I said a solid CENTRAL midfield of NRC and Muamba. Eagles is far from perfect, but when Bolton have won games Eagles has always played a huge part. Ditto Klasnic. Ridiculous to keep picking Ngog who can't score for shite.

i have to agree with this, in the few games we've performed like a premier league team, eagles and klasnic have been instrumental.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Are you a Blackburn fan? Klasnic is the one player who can score a goal from nothing.

Please name more than two league games this season Klasnic has played in and we won.

I think your overrating Klasnic a little here. He has a good foot but hes slow and lazy. I don't think hes bad but he isnt our savour.

Have you seen Eagles play? He gets the ball and just runs until he loses it or passes... to the opposition. Sometimes, but very very rarely this actually pays off and yes it results in a good chance, but if someone gives the ball away 15 times for every one good cross shot or pass then it isnt good enough. I have a feeling your comparing stats not actually watching his performances by defending him, if I made 30 passes in the prem I could make an impressive one but it wouldn't balance the 29 I give away.

I feel sorry for Eagles because he was never meant to be first team, he was a reserve to Chungy. But now we have Ryo he can go back to being reserve.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Please name more than two league games this season Klasnic has played in and we won.

QPR away, Blackburn away & Stoke at home.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:

QPR away, Blackburn away & Stoke at home.

Blackburn away?

no he didnt..

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Want a bet. Who started the move for Reo-Coker's goal?

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Want a bet. Who started the move for Reo-Coker's goal?

Ha I just realised something... I ment scored and won..

red face..

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How many times do we need this argument.

as you should know nat you need to protect the back door as well.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Ha I just realised something... I ment scored and won..

red face..

Ha ha, fair enough.

Look Lofty, I'm not saying Klasnic is some great player but he's still our leading scorer despite being sub for a big percentage of games. And remember, the majority of his games were played alongside Kevin Davies - that hardly helps.

He may be lazy but he can finish. I just feel with someone like Sordell alongside him he may score a few goals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum