Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I don't think the players give a crap.

+5
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
scottjames30
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was listening to the game on the radio , the game was 43 min's in , then the guy on the radio said 'some of the players don't look interested ,CYL is daydreaming , and the body-language of the players is really poor'.

Now that tells me that there is something wrong, no passion , we're in big trouble now.

Are the players going on strike to get rid of Freedman ?

if they are they can all fuckoff for me, they all go back to their super cars , drive back to their mansions and probably forget the football .

Its the fans that suffer, now I didn't go , but I really feel sorry for season ticket holders, they deserve so much better than what they're getting.

The thing that grips me is I don't think there is an answer to our problems.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Scott- I don't think I agree with you on two fronts.
I think the players do give a crap. When they went one down they seemed to be fired up- it was almost like a personal insult Players who don't give a crap don't fight like they did for the equaliser. And with a bit of luck they could haver had a second.
Perhaps they're beginning to fight to impress other clubs to get away from the Reebok. I think
its more to do with not understanding what team structure they are playing to- tactics where they are not sure what to do. And mid stream he changes the structure and they get more bewildered.
Look at Chungy- under previous managers he knew what his game was- stay wide, come inside late. Now he starts inside and can't play that game.. No wonder he looks fed up.
There is an answer too. Either Freedman keeps a settled team with settled tactics (and they will come good!!)or he packs his bags. He's not going to do the latter- so he needs to keep a settled team allowing players to lay to their strengths. He's like a mini-Mourinho, trying to be cleverer than the rest of us, with insights into the game that only he(and that useless clown Lawrence) possess, hoping that his self appointed genius will one day deliver. He promised simple football on the radio last week- but he doesn't seem able to deliver it.
I'm always an optimist- I really do believe that at some stage we'll turn the corner- but everything militates against us.
Like Tierneys injury -which looks serious.
We don't help ourselves either- like booing Knight when he came on. He hadn't touched a ball before the booing started. What does that say to the team? And people expect them to give a crap when one of them is booed immediately?
I'm a season ticket holder- have been for decades and will be until I pop my clogs. I'm also a fan- comes from the word fanatic -and I'll wade through the fires of hell supporting them through thick( not much of that) and thin( lots of that). And ,no matter what happens this season, I'll be buying a season ticket next!!
So- don't be sorry for us- we know what we are doing and we are making rational decisions in buying season tickets. Don't overemphasise the publicity seeker who has packed in with his season ticket- he's an interesting sideline today- but forgotten about tomorrow. And when they start winning- he'll be back.
Now I fully expect to be called an idiot, a bellend -and some more-but I don't give a toss because when I started supporting the Wanderers as a kid at Burnden- nobody promised me that it would all be a  basket of roses, and it hasn't been. There's been lots of thistles as well. The same goes for most teams in the league. There's no guarantee that success is a divine right. It comes from being a fan(atic) - you enjoy the good times and suffer the bad.

Sermon over!!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm in the same boat as rammy with the St thing, however I've only been to the Reading game due to circumstance. Money well spent, pay to support and don't suffer the anguish. Now that's a real bell end!!

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A good post rammy and like you' I've been through the wringer with the Whites over the years and always will but it doesn't strip me of my common sense or acceptance of people and players who don't put the effort in. I never have or will expect a player to care about the club as much as I do but I do expect effort. However, it starts at the top and it's hard for anyone to perform to the maximum if you have a lack of belief in the leader. It seems pretty clear that the players have as little confidence in Freedman as supporters do and who can blame them? I'll back anyone if I can see something to back but I'm afraid with Freedman it's just not there for me.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think the players have earned the right to blame the manager, although it's possible that they are uncomfortable with the system or that he's asking too much of them.
What is unquestionably true however, is that we are losing games because of poor play and individual errors. I'm talking about giving possession away easily, poor control and poor passing along with an unhealthy dose of low confidence, panicky defending and appalling finishing.
The system might be wrong, but whatever system is chosen, it won't work when we are constantly giving the ball away and making basic errors.

Now if the players start performing anywhere near the level expected of this squad, then maybe there'd be a case for having a go at the manager, but until that day comes the players need to man up and start shouldering the responsibility for their own piss poor performances.

The media still talk about the "quality" in this squad but I've yet to see it this season apart from one or two who have consistently done better than expected like Tim Ream. So either the players have been overhyped or they're not doing the business and I think it's a bit of both.

Not convinced that it's all down to a lack of passion, pride or motivation (they should be motivated by professional pride even if they don't like the manager) - they're just playing crap.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wander, I agree with almost everything you say- but lets make a distinction about playing crap( I agree wholeheartedly) and not giving a crap (with which I disagree)
 This is their job- and whether they want to play for us or not their future depends upon making an impression either on Freedman or the other 91 league managers (and countless others abroad) if they want to ply their trade somewhere else.
Not giving a crap will earn them no favours if they want to move away, or are enticed to move.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

good posts

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Wander, I agree with almost everything you say- but lets make a distinction about playing crap( I agree wholeheartedly) and not giving a crap (with which I disagree)
 This is their job- and whether they want to play for us or not their future depends upon making an impression either on Freedman or the other 91 league managers (and countless others abroad) if they want to ply their trade somewhere else.
Not giving a crap will earn them no favours if they want to move away, or are enticed to move.
That's the distinction I tried to make Rammy although the two could be interlinked.
Right now, I'd say they are definitely playing crap and maybe don't give a crap.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

When they equalised they went mad like they had won the cup.I don't think they all don't care with the exception of N'gog who is lazy and just coasting till his contract is up.What I could not understand against a team like Yeovil we play one man up top N'gog who couldn't hit the net if it was empty.We played 3 natural wide men.                                                                                                               Why didn't we go 4-4-2 play Hall and Eagles and at least have 2 forwards albeit Beckford and N'gog.          I would have played Beckford and Odelusi.N'gog is completely shit.Whats his goal tally.Last time i remember him scoring was Leicster away and that was a pen.                                                               Medo must be ill with the posts.Not getting the run of the green at the moment.                                   Lonerghan forBogdan Tuesday.Doubt he will drop him though.Im sure Rob Green got dropped in the World Cup for the same shambles.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rob Hall certainly gave it his all. He looked he wanted to make an impression. spearing got a nasty cut but soldiered on. Chungy had an off day but otherwise I thought the team made an effort.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I thought the team made an effort.
Why did the crowd boo at half time then ?

Why did the guy on the radio say the things he did ?

Why have we not won a game since ....?

Nice WUMING though :good: 

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they looked frightened to do anything positive with the ball, whether thats because they think if its goes wrong they will get booed or because they really can not string 3 passes together is anyones guess.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I was actually at the game and I can't speak for the WUMS. Beckford should have opened his account when Mido put him through on goal but he shot straight at the keeper. Mido was unlucky with his long range shot and Zat Knight should have scored with a header at the death. On another day our chances would have gone in and we would have won about 4-1.

It's clear the team are lacking confidence because they seem loath to shoot at goal and end up making one pass too many. I know on paper we should be more than a match for Yeovil at home but they have some big lads in their team and they certainly didn't lie down against us.

Whatever the outcome yesterday I don't think lack of effort was the problem, it's lack of goals that's killing us..........

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RT- I think you've hit the nail on the head- they need to shoot more from inside the box. Or play someone who will

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum