Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Touchline or stands?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Touchline or stands? Empty Touchline or stands? Fri Mar 09 2012, 01:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's no wonder there's only a handful of genuinely good managers in the league - the majority of them only see matches from the touchline.

I simply can't read a football match when my eyes are at the same level as the players'. I have to be reasonably high up otherwise, I'd rather stay at home. I got into a row with a dickhead steward at Ewood this year when me and my dad got seated with our eyes more or less at grass level. We weren't exactly complaining - merely asking if there was anywhere at all we could move to to get a better view of the game, but he arrogantly asked us what was wrong with where we'd been put so we explained that the seats were barely fit for purpose and that we'd pretty much wasted thirty quid.

Does anybody actually like being close to the pitch? And could Coyle benefit from a seat in the WSL and a set of walky talkies like Allardyce used to do it?

2Touchline or stands? Empty Re: Touchline or stands? Fri Mar 09 2012, 02:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I tend to agree with you, doffcocker.

I used to like being a pitch level when I was a little kid but now I prefer being higher up.

The other aspect is that my eyesight isn't amazing, I go in the west stand, and if I am at pitch level I can't make out the ball or the players' feet very well in front of the interactive advertisement hoardings.

I'm not a season ticket holder and I hate being in the corners, and I tend to find it is rare to get a ticket either high up in the lower tier or low down in the upper tier, so I am guessing this is where the majority of the season tickets are sold.

3Touchline or stands? Empty Re: Touchline or stands? Fri Mar 09 2012, 10:38

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes i agree, used to sit up in the West Stand till this season.

Much better view of the game, the Manager could easily relay his instructions down to the dugout...Well maybe not in our case.

4Touchline or stands? Empty Re: Touchline or stands? Fri Mar 09 2012, 10:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Stands - definitely. Get to see whole perspective of the game from our players to opposing players and how they are interacting on the whole pitch and not just from what you can see from the dug-outs. that was one thing I liked about Big Sam - first half of matches he sat in the stands looking at the game and then sending instructions when and were needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum