Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World's Friendliest Countries

+10
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
gloswhite
wanderlust
karlypants
Copper Dragon
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1World's Friendliest Countries Empty World's Friendliest Countries Tue Oct 22 2013, 21:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I found an article recently (published earlier this year) about a study that showed Icelandic people to be the most welcoming in the world. To be fair, I once spoke with Gudni Bergsson and he was great.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306868/Worlds-friendliest-country-Head-Iceland-avoid-Bolivia-costs.html

I've been to Canada, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus. The friendliest race I've come across is the Greeks. They're fantastic.

I want to hear some opinions on this matter. But try not to be racist now.

2World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Tue Oct 22 2013, 21:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree about the Greeks. They only have a small economy so they rely on tourism. I have always found the Greeks very friendly and accomodating. they get a lot of German tourists but they seem to prefer us to them as we tip better.

3World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree about the Greeks as well, nice people.

I also love Bulgarians, when they're not burning off your fanny they're great people.

4World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Tue Oct 22 2013, 22:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Romanians are a great bunch of people. When I was doing Dutch night classes, last year, there were 8 Romanians in the class and they are so friendly and helpful - puts us Brits and the friendly Dutch to shame!!!

5World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 00:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:the friendly Dutch
Maybe they are before they know that you're English. I met a lot of friendly Dutch folk but you come across more unfriendly ones.

Hard drinking football hooligans is how many Dutch folk see us.

I'm going to go for the Brazilians even though I kept getting pestered for my Burnley shirt (no really).

6World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 00:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I'm going to go for the Brazilians even though I kept getting pestered for my Burnley shirt (no really).
Do they actually know it is a Burnley football shirt and they are in the Championship and not a big club?

You haven't been telling them porkies that they are a big club etc have you? Very Happy

7World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 00:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:I'm going to go for the Brazilians even though I kept getting pestered for my Burnley shirt (no really).
Do they actually know it is a Burnley football shirt and they are in the Championship and not a big club?

You haven't been telling them porkies that they are a big club etc have you? Very Happy

Brazilians love their football, it's like a religion to them (as you will see next summer). Of course they didn't know who Burnley was but I like to think that they were taken with the exceptional badge and my swagger. Very Happy 

They kept wanting to swap shirts with me and I just had to say 'Oi, only Burnley and England colours ever get on my back'.

My Portuguese is terrible.

8World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 00:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Brazilians love their football, it's like a religion to them (as you will see next summer). Of course they didn't know who Burnley was but I like to think that they were taken with the exceptional badge and my swagger. Very Happy 

They kept wanting to swap shirts with me and I just had to say 'Oi, only Burnley and England colours ever get on my back'.

My Portuguese is terrible.
lol!

9World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 16:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't burnley the portuguese word for herpes?

Thais are very welcoming people.

10World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 16:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Thais are very welcoming people.
:agree:

11World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 18:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I found the Vietnamese were friendly. Lived in Cyprus for over 8 years and the Cypriots were excellent people, however most places are owned by London Cypriots, and the standard fell as all they are interested in is your money.

12World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 18:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

WTF has burnley got to do with being a friendly country, top banjo players I'll concede, but for friendly countries it has to be Greece.

13World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Malaysians- they'll do almost anything for you

14World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Malaysians- they'll do almost anything for you
Very Happy 

15World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Al Qaeda are a friendly bunch of people - well more friendlier than BDP!

16World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Fri Oct 25 2013, 08:07

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I bet the brazilians had never seen a football shirt in xxxxxl before.

17World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Fri Oct 25 2013, 15:56

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The Thais are very open, I've found.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

18World's Friendliest Countries Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries Sat Oct 26 2013, 01:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:The Thais are very open, I've found.
Jamaicans too after toking a couple of cabbage leafs, but Dominicans are by far and away the friendliest, I've found they have the ability of relieving you of pain, stress, mental anguish, your wallet, camera, bank details, they love to share.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum