Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The "do you want us to lose" thread

+16
boltonbonce
karlypants
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
Whitesince63
Reebok Trotter
JAH
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Angry Dad
wessy
Spirit of 58
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
doffcocker
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

We lose at Bournemouth, Dougie goes. Simple as that. What would you want?

The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap89%The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 89% [ 25 ]
The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I wouldn't want my lot to lose even if it meant the Bastards were relegated as the result of it.
Who gives a fuck about Burnley dingle tossers ?

22The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:53

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:I wouldn't want my lot to lose even if it meant the Bastards were relegated as the result of it.
Who gives a fuck about Burnley dingle tossers ?

Don't lose sight of the nature of the thread Scotty. Rolling Eyes 

23The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 21:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:Any so called fan that wants his team to lose, regardless of what the circumstances are, wants a fooking slap!
Penthouse Suite
Whittam Towers
Preston Docks
Preston
PR2 2YP

I've given you my address, I'll expect you within the hour to see if you have the balls to slap me.
I've had a couple of G & T's tonight, so I can't make an appearance at Whittam's fantasy palace. I would be happy if I could slap my balls in your face at my pad though?

24The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 21:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing 

25The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Short version: No I don't want us to lose this weekend. I don't know if I have any faith in DF anymore but I don't hate his management enough to actually want a defeat for us. 

Longer version: 

I have in the past hoped for a defeat to get rid of a manager and that was when Gary Megson was in charge. I believed continuing to employ that clown was ripping the whole club apart from top to bottom and had created a division between the club and the fans that was in danger of becoming irreparable. As it happened we drew with Hull and that was enough for him to be given a role as 'gardener' so I was happy we hadn't lost after all. 

To those who say any fan who ever hopes for a defeat isn't a real fan I'd say this: If you feel the club you love is being irreparably harmed and the only way to stop that and repair the damage is to suffer a defeat then what else can you hope for? I personally think we are nowhere near that under Freedman and probably never will be even if he does get the boot in the end. But in the darkest hour of the Megson era I state without shame that I felt a defeat would serve the best interests of Bolton Wnanderers in the long term and so I hoped it would happen. I have been a season ticket holder for coming up to thirty years and if I feel that a loss is best for this club then I'll say so openly and if you believe that means I'm not a 'real' fan then so be it. I don't advocate a wholesale 'lose so he'll be sacked' mentality but there ARE certain sets of circumstances where it could be the best thing for the club and I want what's best for the club even if there's a short term pain to make it happen. 

With all that said I've got my fingers crossed for a win tomorrow, a good one with some good football and I still hope Dougie can turn it all around. I don't know if I believe he can or if he actually has the ability to do it but he's a long way from being as poisonous and divisive as Gary megson was and I don't want to see him fail and go the way I wanted to see the back of that arrogant fool who spouted 'we were below derby you know' every time he was interviewed.

26The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think there's anyone on here who detests Freedman more than I do but I would never hope for us to lose. I'd just hope that the powers that be look at the abysmal performances every week and let that be the decider. We were winning last season but I still wanted him out because he was just lucky and I still want him out.

27The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:When I start wanting us to lose I'll pack it in and take up needlework. However shite they are,however much the manager sucks,once they pull on the white shirt you back them for the full 90 minutes. Moan all you like before and after the game but during it,no. Any bastard who wants us to lose should go and stick their dick in a mangle.(Or tits,if you're of the female persuasion,or Michael Bolton.)
:clap: :agree: :good: :COYW: :like:  :toppoints: 

28The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

fair enough white, at least you seem to agree he's not worth hating badly enough for us to welcome a defeat to be rid of him yet and as to the rest, well, I stand by what I said. If the manager is destroying the club and the only way to be sure of stopping it is to hope for a defeat that gets him sacked then that's what I've done (albeit only once) and would do again.

29The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Fri Nov 01 2013, 22:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie has his critics but by Christ, you only have to look where we were in the table when he took over from Coyle. He left Palace who were top don't forget! We missed the play-offs by a point. Yes, so far this season things have been shite. The malaise started in pre-season where we never won a game and seems to have carried on since the current Championship campaign began. I'm starting to lose patience myself if I'm honest but I still have a sneaking feeling that Dougie could come good in the same way that old Whisky Nose did at Old Trafford.

30The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Sat Nov 02 2013, 02:17

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Never want us to lose. Period.

31The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Sat Nov 02 2013, 10:07

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really do think there's more of hope than expectation in that response RT. last season was based on a huge amount of luck, surely you must accept that. We didn't deserve to be where we were and the football was shite anyway. It was a mirage and hid the real facts. This year the reality's kicked in and Dougie's being found out. I will never want us to lose but I genuinely hope the powers that be can see when we do the mistake they have mad and act on it rather than forlornly hoping it will somehow miraculously change when we all know in our hearts that it won't.
Reebok Trotter wrote:Dougie has his critics but by Christ, you only have to look where we were in the table when he took over from Coyle. He left Palace who were top don't forget! We missed the play-offs by a point. Yes, so far this season things have been shite. The malaise started in pre-season where we never won a game and seems to have carried on since the current Championship campaign began. I'm starting to lose patience myself if I'm honest but I still have a sneaking feeling that Dougie could come good in the same way that old Whisky Nose did at Old Trafford.

32The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:08

Whitesince63 wrote:I really do think there's more of hope than expectation in that response RT. last season was based on a huge amount of luck, surely you must accept that. We didn't deserve to be where we were and the football was shite anyway. It was a mirage and hid the real facts. This year the reality's kicked in and Dougie's being found out. I will never want us to lose but I genuinely hope the powers that be can see when we do the mistake they have mad and act on it rather than forlornly hoping it will somehow miraculously change when we all know in our hearts that it won't.
You don't go on a run like that based on luck Whites, we were solid and the players were more motivated and sharper than I've seen them in years - making this seasons turn around even more baffling and worrying.

It was a great run and Dougie deserves credit for it, having said that, it's irrelevant now and if he doesn't get us on another run he'll be out the door sooner rather than later.

33The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Sat Nov 02 2013, 12:16

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Whitesince63 wrote:I don't think there's anyone on here who detests Freedman more than I do but I would never hope for us to lose. I'd just hope that the powers that be look at the abysmal performances every week and let that be the decider. We were winning last season but I still wanted him out because he was just lucky and I still want him out.
I'm sure me and Natasha can give you a run for your money

FREEDMAN OUT!

34The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Sat Nov 02 2013, 12:18

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bwfc1874 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:I really do think there's more of hope than expectation in that response RT. last season was based on a huge amount of luck, surely you must accept that. We didn't deserve to be where we were and the football was shite anyway. It was a mirage and hid the real facts. This year the reality's kicked in and Dougie's being found out. I will never want us to lose but I genuinely hope the powers that be can see when we do the mistake they have mad and act on it rather than forlornly hoping it will somehow miraculously change when we all know in our hearts that it won't.
You don't go on a run like that based on luck Whites, we were solid and the players were more motivated and sharper than I've seen them in years - making this seasons turn around even more baffling and worrying.

It was a great run and Dougie deserves credit for it, having said that, it's irrelevant now and if he doesn't get us on another run he'll be out the door sooner rather than later.
We we're solid with players we didn't own. Dawson and Alonso were the ones who we're catalysts in our run of form.

35The "do you want us to lose" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "do you want us to lose" thread Sat Nov 02 2013, 13:28

What do you think that proves then Kennster?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum