Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flashback: Six years ago today

+8
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Six years ago today, Bolton Wanderers recorded a 2-2 draw against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The teams that played:

Bayern Munich: Kahn, Jansen, Lucio, Van Buyten, Lell, Ribery (Kroos 60), Ottl, Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger (Altintop 73), Podolski (Toni 57), Klose.
Subs Not Used: Rensing, Ze Roberto, Schlaudraff, Sosa.

Goals: Podolski 30, 49.

Bolton: Al Habsi, Andrew O'Brien, Cid, Michalik, Gardner, Alonso (Giannakopoulos 56), Nolan, Guthrie, McCann, Braaten (Teymourian 77), Davies.
Subs Not Used: Walker, Speed, Harsanyi, Sinclair, Sissons.

Goals: Gardner 8, Davies 82.

Last edited by karlypants on Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:15; edited 2 times in total

2Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How times have changed

3Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Badger McCann on the front row!

4Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Achieved under Megson.Shocked

5Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Updated first post to include goal scorers and teams that played Smile 

6Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Achieved under Megson.Shocked
Yes! I got a shock when I found that out as well! Very Happy 

7Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God we were lucky to get a draw that day. Ribery was destroying us but was inexplicably substituted on the hour. Perhaps if Megson had put out the first team instead of "the reserves" that day, it might not have been so problematic. But Megson was focusing on survival at the expense of the European campaign.

8Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:21

Cid, Michalik,McCann, Braaten (Teymourian 77).
============================================

Given that these 5 are all wank, how the fuck did we manage that?

9Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It just shows that they could grind out a result and put 100% commitment even if they were not the 1st choice players back then unlike some of the players we have currently.

It shows one or two of them up in my opinion.

10Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone know why we got rid of Al Habsi?

Was it just for the £2 Mill we got for him?

11Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sold Habsi to fund the Ngog transfer.

Brilliant move Owen!

12Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our current 11 is better..

13Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 13:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Sold Habsi to fund the Ngog transfer.

Brilliant move Owen!
I didn't know that!

Thanks Owen, I hate you more now!

Absolutely unbelievable that we let him go then Jussi left, our 2 main goalkeepers Sad

Last edited by karlypants on Fri Nov 08 2013, 13:11; edited 1 time in total

14Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 13:08

If we'd have kept Al Habsi he would probably have scored more goals than N'Gog has by now....

15Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 14:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sinclair and Sissons moved from being on the bench at Bayern to being released...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 18:28

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Megson was as culpable as Coyle re. Habsi, but at least he signed him on a long contract(4 years) and gave us the cash. On reflection fans were saying Habsi should have stepped up and Jussi potted, however who's still the top guy!?!

17Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 20:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:Megson was as culpable as Coyle re. Habsi, but at least he signed him on a long contract(4 years) and gave us the cash. On reflection fans were saying Habsi should have stepped up and Jussi potted, however who's still the top guy!?!
I was and remain firmly convinced that Ali should have been the first choice keeper in his last year with us even if that sent Jussi packing. I said at the time and stand by this; selling Ali when we did was a mistake. Adam was nowhere near ready for Premier League football and our defence was dreadful. Jussi is playing behind a very solid defence at West Ham and they still ship goals frequently. I appreciate that we got around 3 mil for Ali (inc add ons for appearances etc) and we needed the money but where did such short sighted thinking get us? 

I still rate Ali and think he's far better than Adam or Andy and if it were up to me I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

18Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 22:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I concur with you about Habsi despite my Jussi comment.
When he had that long run during Jussi's injury Megson should have kept him in place for the following season and flirted Jussi.
However that's all history now and we are where we are.

19Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 22:53

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Megson was as culpable as Coyle re. Habsi, but at least he signed him on a long contract(4 years) and gave us the cash. On reflection fans were saying Habsi should have stepped up and Jussi potted, however who's still the top guy!?!
I was and remain firmly convinced that Ali should have been the first choice keeper in his last year with us even if that sent Jussi packing. I said at the time and stand by this; selling Ali when we did was a mistake. Adam was nowhere near ready for Premier League football and our defence was dreadful. Jussi is playing behind a very solid defence at West Ham and they still ship goals frequently. I appreciate that we got around 3 mil for Ali (inc add ons for appearances etc) and we needed the money but where did such short sighted thinking get us? 

I still rate Ali and think he's far better than Adam or Andy and if it were up to me I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
Jesus Christ !!!! I fucking give in !!! the rag head cant even get in the first team ffs

20Flashback: Six years ago today Empty Re: Flashback: Six years ago today Fri Nov 08 2013, 23:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tiger
Who knows how it would have worked out? When Jussi left everybody thought he was passed his best, and for us he was, but he's had an Indian Summer at West Ham and good luck to him.
I think most would have taken Habsi for no. 1 after Jussi's injury but it wasn't to be.
After his loan season at Wigan and subsequent signing, Habsi has somewhat fell out of favour, but I personally think he would have been a better option than Bogdan. As I said previously, all history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum