Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Froch v Groves.

+10
BoltonTillIDie
kennster
Angry Dad
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Culcheth_White
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 11:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:An emotional one?

Indeed.

102Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 12:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

103Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 13:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

104Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 14:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The ref stopped the fight for something stupid like that? why didn't he just give him an 8 count like he did when Froch got floored, why didn't he stop the fight here then?

The ref stopped the fight too early imo, Groves was robbed of two world titles, Groves was well ahead on points ,Froch knows he got out of jail with this one.
no way should the fight have been stopped in the first Froch was ok and the result backs that up.
He was knocked down unconscious and stood up unconscious, if it weren't for it being the first round Groves would've been all over him.

Next you'll be saying Froch was winning the fight.

105Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 15:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The ref stopped the fight for something stupid like that? why didn't he just give him an 8 count like he did when Froch got floored, why didn't he stop the fight here then?

The ref stopped the fight too early imo, Groves was robbed of two world titles, Groves was well ahead on points ,Froch knows he got out of jail with this one.
no way should the fight have been stopped in the first Froch was ok and the result backs that up.
He was knocked down unconscious and stood up unconscious, if it weren't for it being the first round Groves would've been all over him.

Next you'll be saying Froch was winning the fight.
Scott he turned away, his head was down, he was taking unanswered shots so the ref felt it right to stop the fight imo he was right and groves is not in a coma in hospital, he's fine and whining about it he's lucky to be able to do so, he made a great fight of it shocked the life out of froch was very impresive and he will be back but he lost the fight he need's to come to terms with that and so do all the others who feel cheated out of seeing a man seriously injured.

106Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 16:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its a world title fight AD, all he did was lose his balance as Froch knocked him as he clumsily came rushing to get the knockout, Froch was getting hit with some big shots to the head and was getting hit more than Groves was getting hit.

Rather than stop the fight in a soft manner, that was disrespectful to both fighters, why not give him an eight count, at the end of the day all Groves was doing was soaking up the pressure, and went ballistic when the ref stopped the fight.

imo it was stopped too premature .

107Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:Its a world title fight AD, all he did was lose his balance as Froch knocked him as he clumsily came rushing to get the knockout, Froch was getting hit with some big shots to the head and was getting hit more than Groves was getting hit.

Rather than stop the fight in a soft manner, that was disrespectful to both fighters, why not give him an eight count, at the end of the day all Groves was doing was soaking up the pressure, and went ballistic when the ref stopped the fight.

imo it was stopped too premature .
I would have liked to have seen a proper finish scott, i felt cheated out of that as a viewer and i do from where i was sitting at home feel it was too quick a decision, it was an unsatisfactory end but the refs got to make the decision at the time and he did what he thought was right from what he saw, i'd like to hear his view on it!! my feeling is grove's was going to get stopped anyway and i would have much prefered to have had the satisfaction of seeing that.

108Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Froch give him a rematch ?

Or is Groves too dangerous for him, I hope he does.

109Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 19:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was probably a bit early, but Froch would have finished the job by the next round at the latest. Groves was brilliant up until then and was winning on points, But Froch showed true class to win after a very poor performance from him. He did say he would give Groves a rematch, lets hope he sticks to it.

110Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 19:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:it was probably a bit early, but Froch would have finished the job by the next round at the latest. Groves was brilliant up until then and was winning on points, But Froch showed true class to win after a very poor performance from him. He did say he would give Groves a rematch, lets hope he sticks to it.
I hope Froch does give Groves a rematch, as this is what boxing fans want.

111Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 19:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Froch won't give him a rematch, i'd be very surprised , he won the lottery with this one .

Next time he might not be so lucky.

112Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 23:42

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Brilliant fight,one of the best I've ever seen. At times it was like watching real life Rocky. Stopped prematurely and ruined by the ref. Groves should have gone down and taken a count and allowed his head to clear as Froch did in the 1st. Groves fought brilliantly and was miles ahead on points. I'm a big Froch fan but he was all over the place in this fight. There will be a rematch, Froch himself suggested it and there will be such a clamour for it by the public that Froch will realise he won't be able to retain any sort of credibility if he avoids it. Also I'm sure Froch will realise it will be a massive money spinner and that he has nowhere else to go really.He must realise a rematch with Andre Ward is utterly pointless,Ward toyed with him last time. I've loved watching Carl Froch fights over the years, he's such a warrior, but at 36 now and after watching that performance last night I have a feeling it's going to be all downhill for him now.

113Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The IBF have ordered a re-match! To take place within 90 days  ::dance:: 

114Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should be a sell-out if it is anything like the first scrap.

115Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be another great fight, imo.

When the news came out about a rematch I can imagine Groves jumping up in the air, shouting '' Yes''.

and Frotch slumping on his armchair muttering ''O fuck''.

116Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 21:50

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Froch will have less of a problem this time.

117Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 21:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Froch will have less of a problem this time.

Would you like to bet, AD?

118Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 22:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Froch will have less of a problem this time.

Would you like to bet, AD?
Just a feeling i have this time the ref wont save groves and he will get knocked out like he was going to last time, unless froch is completely shot on the night who knows but it will be a belter. I expect froch to surprise everyone with his game this time especially groves. We all know groves was one punch away from disaster last time.

119Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 22:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Money???

120Froch v Groves. - Page 6 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Fri Jan 24 2014, 22:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Froch is one of the most overrated fighters I've ever seen. A small fish in a small pool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum