Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Froch v Groves.

+10
BoltonTillIDie
kennster
Angry Dad
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Culcheth_White
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad you don't get shit like this in the UFC.

82Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

stopped too early for me, Groves was winning that easily, rematch on the cards i think.

83Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stopped far too early! I want my £5 bet back

84Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Summat stinks, yes Froch was on top and was catching Groves but he never put Groves down so there was no reason for the ref to call it a day.

85Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sounds like the points were all wrong up until that point too...

86Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Froch will not want any part of a rematch.

87Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 judges had Groves ahead by only 1 point, what were they watching? Groves was miles in front.

88Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:2 judges had Groves ahead by only 1 point, what were they watching? Groves was miles in front.
And the third judge had Groves 5 rounds ahead. It's as if they were watching a different fight.

89Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

crowd booing Froch during his interview now

90Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:42

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I want my £50 quid back! Groves fooking mullered Froch and the referee should never have stopped that fight.

Groves is the man and I love him even more than Rocky Balboa!

91Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw IF the fight had continued Froch would have ended it in that round I believe.

The ref has to protect the fighters butperhaps he should have let it go on a little bit more - tough call to make but the ref can see the boxer eyes and if they are glazed or not.

Fair play to Groves - did a lot better than I expected.

92Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sat Nov 23 2013, 23:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe what I just watched. I need to lie down.:zzz:

93Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 00:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Get real RT groves was gone ,yes the ref was a bit previous but groves was not coming back from that and could have been seriously brain damaged had he taken what was coming next he was no way going to defend himself further the ref did him a favour there, he was helpless,he was done, he was gone, people feel cheated because they were deprived of the kill , that's whats pissing everyone off.
Hats off to groves but also to froch who took all groves had and still came back to beat him.

94Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 06:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ref stopped the fight for something stupid like that? why didn't he just give him an 8 count like he did when Froch got floored, why didn't he stop the fight here then?

The ref stopped the fight too early imo, Groves was robbed of two world titles, Groves was well ahead on points ,Froch knows he got out of jail with this one.

95Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 08:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no doubt that Groves was in trouble but he didn't go down. Had he dropped to the canvas then that's a different matter. As I see it, Groves was soaking up the punishment to try to see out the round. It's what Groves does. He's like a sponge. The same thing happened in the De Gale fight and Groves outlasted him. 

I know it's the referees duty to protect the fighters at all times but I thought he was a tad too hasty on this occasion.

96Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 09:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:The ref stopped the fight for something stupid like that? why didn't he just give him an 8 count like he did when Froch got floored, why didn't he stop the fight here then?

The ref stopped the fight too early imo, Groves was robbed of two world titles, Groves was well ahead on points ,Froch knows he got out of jail with this one.
Froch was the one who got robbed, he was deprived of a stoppage or ok ,how anyone can't see that groves was fucked is beyond me and what was all the crying about in the dressing room after,he should man up and except he had a good go at it but it was'nt enough if the ref had not stopped it he would have been in danger of serious injury.no way should the fight have been stopped in the first Froch was ok and the result backs that up.

97Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 09:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:There is no doubt that Groves was in trouble but he didn't go down. Had he dropped to the canvas then that's a different matter. As I see it, Groves was soaking up the punishment to try to see out the round. It's what Groves does. He's like a sponge. The same thing happened in the De Gale fight and Groves outlasted him. 

I know it's the referees duty to protect the fighters at all times but I thought he was a tad too hasty on this occasion.
It's what groves does RT? But that was Froch in the ring not De Gale!! The ref saw it coming and did his job end of.

98Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 09:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Groves looked awful  in that round he had punched himself out and Froch was going for the kill he knew he had him I feel sorry that he was'nt given the chance to finish it, groves had nothing left.

99Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 10:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

On a different note what kind of man cry's after losing?

100Froch v Groves. - Page 5 Empty Re: Froch v Groves. Sun Nov 24 2013, 11:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An emotional one?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum