Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next 15 games

+6
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
observer
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Next 15 games Empty Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 18:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The loanees leave... and we may or may not have money in January for the transfer window.  Our next 9 games are teams above us... and then 14 of 15 against teams above us.  Losing Danns and McNaughton will certainly hurt the club.  Mason will go but we do have Beckford (hopefully will learn to finish well).  Feeney is still hanging out there and WBA are managerless and who knows if they will let us buy Dawson.  We can only hope Ngog gets an offer to go to Turkey or Greece or just about anywhere with anyone who will pay us for his services.   

We need to find a starting eleven and that has not been the case for the past 2 1/2 years since the serious pre-season injuries.  I'm sure we will see a different team on the pitch on Sunday especially with the loanees gone and Beckford and Moritz rested.  I'm not happy with having to hang on for 3 points against the bottom of the league team. 

I hope Dougie has an ace up his sleeve, because the future does not look bright playing this way and having a new eleven every week.  Kudos to Lonny and I hope he stays as our first team keeper.  He really kept us in the game today and that in itself is an indication of the sorry state our team is in.  Dougie's only redemption is what he can achieve in the transfer window and hopefully right this ship.  Right now we are halfway between the relegation battle and the playoff mix.  It will take a good run to move up, but we all know it is doable with better tactics and players who learn to play together.  Let's hope!

2Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 18:42

I'd suspect the changes today were due to us having another game in a couple of days time, in which case it's just standard squad management. I'd be seriously surprised/disappointed if we didn't at least try to extend Dann's and McNaughton's loans. I haven't seen much of Mason, but if he's come in short term to give Beckford a rest then he's served his purpose. I think it's laughable people moaning about Beckford's finishing, he's a championship striker we got on a free not many will convery every chance they get. The fact that he's getting in the position to have a chance is better than any of our strikers for the past couple of years.

Unlike a lot of fans I don't think this squad is miles off making a run for the play offs, but I can't see it this season. We'll probably end up mid table which is about accurate for where we are at the moment.

3Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We paid £1m for Beckford.

4Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 19:11

I thought the delay in his signing was due to us realising Leicester would have to pay Everton another installment if he didn't move? So let him go for free.

5Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 19:27

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:I thought the delay in his signing was due to us realising Leicester would have to pay Everton another installment if he didn't move? So let him go for free.
I agree with you, I don't think an initial fee was involved, due to the fee Leicester would have to pay to Everton, but there could be money paid out based on incentives etc.

6Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 19:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We got beckford for bugger all apart from wages and agents fees i'm sure of it.

The starting 11 against Leicester will make for interesting reading considering Kevin Mac and Danns have gone back.

Baptiste - Mills - Knight - Ream at the back I reckon.

7Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£1m was paid to Leicester City.

8Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Unlike a lot of fans I don't think this squad is miles off making a run for the play offs, but I can't see it this season. We'll probably end up mid table which is about accurate for where we are at the moment.

I think you are right. 10 points in January with 3 wins, a loss and a draw followed by 9 points in February with 3 wins and a loss is my prediction.

9Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:We got beckford for bugger all apart from wages and agents fees i'm sure of it.

The starting 11 against Leicester will make for interesting reading considering Kevin Mac and Danns have gone back.

Baptiste - Mills - Knight - Ream at the back I reckon.
I think you're right Aaron, our defence will have to be that back four and that's why Dougie probably played Knight today, as he shouldn't be too rusty against Leicester.

10Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:35

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:£1m was paid to Leicester City.
Up front?

11Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, my ex takes a 20% cut.

12Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 20:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought we paid £1 million for him as well?

13Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 21:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

£1 million according to Nixon at the time -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Beckford, Mills and Danns were all signed for Leicester by Sven - and all failed there!

14Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 22:06

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:£1 million according to Nixon at the time -

Beckford, Mills and Danns were all signed for Leicester by Sven - and all failed there!

But Nixon has just contradicted himself again.

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Al, how much did Dougie pay up front for Beckford from Leicester?

1:59 PM - 26 Dec 13 · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [ltr]@reluctantnicko[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It is appearance and performance related. Should have started at next to nothing.

15Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 23:24

karlypants

karlypants
    Nat Lofthouse
    Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
      [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Al, how much did Dougie pay up front for Beckford from Leicester?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It is appearance and performance related. Should have started at next to nothing.

If this is the case then is this the reason he is benching him now?...

16Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Thu Dec 26 2013, 23:56

If we're getting into the territory of benching players because playing them would cost us money, we're fucked.

And the whole system is fucked by definition.

"Yeah, he might score but it'll cost us 50K if he does........"

Seriously....what the fuck?

17Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 00:05

karlypants

karlypants
    Nat Lofthouse
    Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:If we're getting into the territory of benching players because playing them would cost us money, we're fucked.

And the whole system is fucked by definition.

"Yeah, he might score but it'll cost us 50K if he does........"

Seriously....what the fuck?

There was a rumour going around when Coyle was in charge that Sordell got benched for the same reason when he bought him.

18Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 00:12

Ah, really.....?

I just thought he was a useless, Twitter-obsessed, juvenile, "wanting to live back darn sarf wiv his peeps", over-rated, clueless, boggle-eyed prick.

Seems I was wrong....

And his phenomenal goal-scoring feats at Charlton obviously bears that out.....

Not saying you're wrong Karly....just offering my thoughts, mate.

19Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 00:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
    Ivan Campo
    Ivan Campo

However much Beckford cost/is costing the club, it's too much for him to be a benchwarmer.

He looked the business for a while, then he missed a few sitters over a period of two games, and he hasn't started a game since. That is not good man management.

He is a fixed asset of the club. He gets games, he improves, we benefit short and long term. Mason gets games, he improves, we only benefit short term, while Cardiff benefit long term.

Not that I don't think they should both be playing.

20Next 15 games Empty Re: Next 15 games Fri Dec 27 2013, 00:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
    Nat Lofthouse
    Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:

It sounds as if Nixon is reluctant to give a straight answer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
    You can reply to topics in this forum