Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January business..

+17
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
scottjames30
Wolton Banderers
Norpig
Whitesince63
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Mon Dec 30 2013, 23:56

Pete, calm down mate.

We're not in the safe "Kansas" of 606 any-more.

That world's gone forever and we're somewhere else, operating under a different set of rules now.

Stick with your convictions, speak your mind, make some new friends and don't take anything to heart.

It's the only way, mate.

And it's fun.   Very Happy

42January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Tue Dec 31 2013, 00:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:LPP, I think you have misunderstood Wanderlust's comment. He actually bats for the same side as you and I.  He wasn't having a go at you in any shape or form. He was referring to speculation about the January window. That's all this post is about. Pure speculation, nothing more, and sometimes where speculation is concerned, common sense and facts go out of the window.
No Rt he is referring to me personally. Read his sentence. 

"Dougie's failure to sign Ronaaldinho and Dawson will spur you to call for his head yet again. 

No way you'll keep schtum."

Not "the antie Dougie brigade", not "they", he says "you" and does it twice. I resent people putting words in my mouth at the best of times, to have it done by a complete stranger who could have damned well checked what I'd said before pontificating on it with a few clicks of a mouse is bloody well annoying and I won't leave it unanswered. I'm normally pretty mild mannered and quite reasonable but this one I won't let slide. If you are going to give your opinion of what I will or will not say you'd better either know me personally quite well or have some previous posts of mine as evidence to back yourself. It may sound petty but this is an issue I take seriously no matter what "side" wanderlust is on.

Trust me. Wanderlust doesn't take the piss and rarely attacks posters unless their name starts with N and their surname ends with W.

He was referring to the speculation and not your comments.

43January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Tue Dec 31 2013, 19:06

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Some good news at last fellow Nutters. The transfer window finally opens in around 5 hours time and if we manage to sign Ronaldhinho, we just need to sell 500,000 shirts with his name on the back. This should rake in around £150 million, so keep the faith!  :party:

44January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Tue Dec 31 2013, 20:13

And we could put the Gold-Line up to 500 quid a week.....

If the 500,000 people who all bought Ronaldhinho shirts all join the Gold-Line and pay £500 a week, we'd have....erm.........hang on.....(pulls tongue out and screws up face while he works it out).....a billion quid by the end of the month.

Why hasn't Gartside thought of this?

Idiot.

45January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 00:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on Duggie- it's already 15 minutes into the transfer season!! He should have got some new faces in by now!!

46January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Come on Duggie- it's already 15 minutes into the transfer season!! He should have got some new faces in by now!!

Just seen Rob Earnshaw and Titus Bramble shaking hands with Dougie outside the Reebok.

47January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 10:01

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Come on Duggie- it's already 15 minutes into the transfer season!! He should have got some new faces in by now!!

Just seen Rob Earnshaw and Titus Bramble shaking hands with Dougie outside the Reebok.

You're outside the Reebok already!!-You must be dedicated pet- the kickoffs not till 3pm today!!

48January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 10:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

You're outside the Reebok already!!-You must be dedicated pet- the kickoffs not till 3pm today!!

I was invited back for a "lock-in" with Garty & Dougie. As I was leaving two back guys walked in, one tall and a bit chubby, the other short and good looking.

I took these photos as I was walking out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

49January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 11:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know these two dudes. A couple of the catering staff have cried off for today's game and these two are covering the hot dog sales in the WSL.

50January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 17:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LPP - sorry being late in replying - just read it.

Not having a go at you and sorry if you see it that way.

I was trying to say that the transfer window tends to be silly season which makes it difficult not to respond to some of the tripe trotted out.

51January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 17:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FWIW I reckon Dougie will try to get a left back as a priority, and will only sign other players if he gets an absolute bargain which isn't likely.

Can't really see any of the loanees being signed with the possible exception of McNaughton - although bringing him in and switching Baptiste to LB didn't really work out.

Dawson - no chance whatsoever IMO
Danns and Mason? Can't see the point in signing them.

It will perhaps be more telling to see who is transfer listed.

52January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 17:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just because they are transfer listed doesn't mean anybody will be stupid enough to sign up the high paid shit that Coyle left us with.

53January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Wed Jan 01 2014, 17:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:LPP - sorry being late in replying - just read it.

Not having a go at you and sorry if you see it that way.

I was trying to say that the transfer window tends to be silly season which makes it difficult not to respond to some of the tripe trotted out.
Fair enough mate but please don't say I'll be calling for Dougie's head AGAIN as if I do it all the time. 

As to the window I won't bother to look at it because every window since Megson left has been the same. We get "linked" with some bright young prospect or some player who used to be world class but can still do a good job at a lower level and nothing much actually happens. We don't have the money to play in the real world so all that comes out of The Reebok is hot air and useless whinging about how we won't be held to ransom or how a player is not quite what we need when he's on 25 goals for the season already.

Frankly I don't want to listen to speculation unless it's "Sheikh Muhammad Megawonga and his DoshCash consortium" have bought the club and kicked Phil Gartside over the East Stand to help him out of the stadium permanently. 

I appreciate Eddie "saved" the club back in the day but now he sits mute while it's being mismanaged on a Biblical Scale by Gartside. For my money both of them need to go. I just wish we were an attractive enough proposition to make us worth buying now but we're not, especially with the UEFA FFP rules.

54January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Thu Jan 02 2014, 12:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a little whisper that Shefki Kuqi was a target.

55January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Thu Jan 02 2014, 12:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

...and Kris Boyd

56January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Thu Jan 02 2014, 12:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We could do a lot worse than look up in the scottish league. 

who else are we going to tempt here with the promise of a mid table slog?

57January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Thu Jan 02 2014, 12:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We could do a lot worse than look up in the scottish league. 

who else are we going to tempt here with the promise of a mid table slog?

You may well be correct Hipster. I watch Scotsport fairly regularly and there are some impressive good young players about. Trouble is the Old Firm usually get them to stop others from doing so

58January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Sat Jan 04 2014, 21:08

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

McNaughton has played the last two games for Cardiff so looks like curtains for him coming back.

59January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Sat Jan 04 2014, 21:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We could do a lot worse than look up in the scottish league. 

Ha ha, we'd have more luck on Adlington Rec on a Sunday morning.

Scottish football is the pits. Some tight bastard made Charlie Nicholas watch Ross County on Soccer Saturday this afternoon and you could tell he was dying to say "...this is the biggest load of shite ever, I'm better than these wankers and I'm 52". He settled for "..there's not much quality on show".

60January business.. - Page 3 Empty Re: January business.. Sat Jan 04 2014, 21:15

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What about O Hallaran from St Johnstone?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum