Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young players may get given FA Cup chance

+3
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There may be limitations to how much Dougie Freedman can change his side for tomorrow’s cup clash but the Wanderers boss has hinted his line-up against Blackpool could have a sprinkling of youth.

With only four fit senior defenders and now two recognised strikers after Joe Mason headed back to Cardiff City yesterday, the Whites boss is unlikely to make wholesale changes for the third round tie.

Freedman has spoken repeatedly of his aim to bring young players through the system but has thus far been unable to deliver on his promise.

Part of the reason, says the Scot, is the club’s precarious position in the Championship table but with the freedom of cup football tomorrow, he has confirmed the likes of Josh Vela and Hayden White – both named on the bench against Middlesbrough – could come into the equation.

“I gave 19 debuts at my previous club and I’m very proud of that but they have got to be good enough,” he said. “The Under-21s have shown me in glimpses that one or two can step up. “One or two I will look at for Saturday’s game. But in terms of changing the whole team that is not going to happen because I want to win the game.”

Sanmi Odelusi and Tom Youngs have seen sparse action in the Capital One Cup this season but have yet to make much of an impact on the Championship squad.

Freedman has also brought the likes of of Andy Kellett, Cian Bolger, Luke Woodland, Oscar Threlkeld and Jan Gregus into his matchday squads, but they have yet to emerge off the bench.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

fuck off freedman. Your full of shit.

" and now two recognised strikers"

Jermaine Beckford, Craig Davies and David Ngog.

Which one of these isn't a "recognised striker / footballer"....?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Which one of these isn't a "recognised striker / footballer"....?[/color]

This is clearly a trick question, the answer is all three of the ponces.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Craig Davies is fucking freedmans mrs or something though and thus not a recognized striker...

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sick of listening to the twat.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolger and White on the bench. They're getting closer.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Five youngsters have been drafted into today’s FA Cup squad for the third-round tie against Blackpool but the Scot says he is still waiting for compelling evidence to include his starlets on a regular basis.

“If I’m being honest, none of them has stood out and said that they definitely should be playing,”

Fair enough I guess.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

wanderlust wrote:Five youngsters have been drafted into today’s FA Cup squad for the third-round tie against Blackpool but the Scot says he is still waiting for compelling evidence to include his starlets on a regular basis.

“If I’m being honest, none of them has stood out and said that they definitely should be playing,”

Fair enough I guess.

Can't say he makes them sound like the next messi's like Coyle used to do.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I find it a bit strange that he says none of them have asked him. Does he mean that literally, and if so, that's one strange way to have to progress on to the field.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum