Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What would be your three questions, to ask Dougie?

+4
Copper Dragon
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
scottjames30
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you had three questions to ask Dougie , what would they be?

Mine would be.

1, Why do you play that negative 4231 formation at home.

2, What ever happened to Craig Davies.

3, Do you know Natasha Whittam, off nuts.

scottjames30 wrote:If you had three questions to ask Dougie , what would they be?

Mine would be.

1. The best teams in the world play with one striker up front, there's nothing negative about it. It's too simplistic (and untrue) to say that a team can only be attacking playing 2 up top.

2. Good question, I'd like to know the answer to that too. Fallen out with Dougie I'd assume as there's no word on an injury?

3. Natasha's assured me she's one of Bolton's elite so I'm sure Dougie fears her.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:If you had three questions to ask Dougie , what would they be?

Mine would be.

1. The best teams in the world play with one striker up front

And we're not one of them, are we?

My 3 would be:

1. Which (if any) of the younger players can you see making an impact before the end of the season?

2. Do you regret breaking up Ream and Mills to bring Knight back in?

3. Which of the out of contract players would you keep at the end of the season?

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Mine would be.

1. The best teams in the world play with one striker up front

And we're not one of them, are we?

That's not the point, the point is it's not a defensive formation in any way. It pushes the wingers higher up and puts a player in the number 10 role. You don't have to be one of the best teams in the world to play 4231, there aren't many teams these days who don't.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd ask him:

1. Is there really no money at all for transfers or have you been putting away a little stash for the day the opportunity to sign some one you really want comes up?

2. How literal were you being when you say you're looking for players with "the right DNA"? (as it's borderline scary and probably illegal)

3. Having sacked off so many young players on the basis that you don't reckon they'll ever make it, how do you plan to replace them in the face of competition from the likes of Man United, City and Chelsea?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1. Did you know just how bad the finances were when you took the job?

2. Now you do know how do you plan to strengthen the squad when it looks like six or more players will leave for nothing come the summer? 

3. Do you ever think Craig Davies and Stuart Holden will play for us again?

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:

You don't have to be one of the best teams in the world to play 4231, there aren't many teams these days who don't.

4 out of 6 teams at the top of the Championship don't play that way.

Whilst I agree it's not necessarily a negative formation I do think that it's a bit of a nonsense for the Championship. You also need two full backs who like to get up and down and support the wider men. I don't think Bolton have them full backs at the minute.

A lot of it is obviously down to personnel available.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:1. Did you know just how bad the finances were when you took the job?

2. Now you do know how do you plan to strengthen the squad when it looks like six or more players will leave for nothing come the summer? 

3. Do you ever think Craig Davies and Stuart Holden will play for us again?

1. If he did, he's the bravest manager I've ever heard of

2. He will get better players on less money

3. Won't bet on it, but it would be a bonus if either got fitness and form

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1, Why do you play Darren Pratley?
2, Why do you play Darren Pratley?
3, Why do you play Darren Pratley?

Copper Dragon wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

You don't have to be one of the best teams in the world to play 4231, there aren't many teams these days who don't.

4 out of 6 teams at the top of the Championship don't play that way.

Whilst I agree it's not necessarily a negative formation I do think that it's a bit of a nonsense for the Championship. You also need two full backs who like to get up and down and support the wider men. I don't think Bolton have them full backs at the minute.

A lot of it is obviously down to personnel available.

Fair points Copper, going off our results this season it would seem we're not that well equipped to play 4231. I just find it strange when fans see the formation and instantly decide we're ultra-negative, when it's not the case.

I want to see us attack a bit more, but I think it more comes down to the managers instructions and the players themselves. Rather than being as simple as playing 2 up top.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:1, Why do you play Darren Pratley?
2, Why do you play Darren Pratley?
3, Why do you play Darren Pratley?
your hatred knows no bounds!  :rofl:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. Have you booked the taxi? 2. Are the back room staff going too? 3. Have you left your office key for Sam? Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What did you think about the players Owen Coyle left you to inherit?

What do you think about the length of contracts and wages they are on and are being paid?

Why the feck did you make Zat Knight captain?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum