Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stupid interview questions

+7
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
TheHateCamel
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Stupid interview questions Empty Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 17:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I had a job interview in Manchester this afternoon. One of the questions the interviewer asked me was to describe myself in five words.

I felt like being really cocky and saying 'The next manager of (name of business', but instead I came out with 5 adjectives. What a dumb question. People will just lie.

In the past, I have interviewed people for 20-25K per year jobs. The only real guidance I was given by HR was to measure certain competencies.

I used to really grill people in interviews, I'd ask them to do something, and then say "that's not good enough because of X and Y, have a think about that and come back to me. Take as long as you want." I was a twat.

I also used to ask people who they thought would win in a fight between Superman and Yoda, and to pretend I was from the nineteenth century and explain the internet, or sometimes traffic lights if I was bored of the internet, to me in a way that I would understand. The best answer I ever received to that question was from a young girl who likened the internet to winds and migrating birds.

Have you ever been asked a stupid question in an interview for a job or anything else?

2Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 17:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I absolutely hate that question.

"if i asked your friends to describe you what would they say"

3Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 17:59

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I absolutely hate that question.

"if i asked your friends to describe you what would they say"

Yes, I hate that shit.

I also hate being asked what my biggest weakness is. I feel like answering "I get agitated when asked stupid questions".

4Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 18:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I had a job interview in Manchester this afternoon. One of the questions the interviewer asked me was to describe myself in five words.

Know-it-all, wanker, bellend, dickhead, tosser?

5Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 18:28

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:I had a job interview in Manchester this afternoon. One of the questions the interviewer asked me was to describe myself in five words.

Know-it-all, wanker, bellend, dickhead, tosser?

The idea is to highlight five special qualities, Natasha. There's far too much overlap between 'wanker' and 'tosser' and 'dickhead' and 'bellend' for that to be a good answer.

6Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 20:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When you are asked what your biggest weakness is, you then should turn this into another positive - "I am a bit of a perfectionist" etc. You wouldn't say, "well I do find it hard to actually turn in to work on a Monday"

7Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 20:49

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Mrs Camel had an interview in for a job in her field of expertise today and had to go to something called an assessment centre. Totally new concept to me. Her reputation in her field precedes her and several of the panel told her so. Also, when the other candidates saw her there they thought she was rhe external assessor!

It turns out she didn't get it though due tu the fact she's in a permanent position and she won't just trot out corporate buzzword bollocks in interviews. She cares too much to just bullshit about her work. This apparently counted against her.

She's properly gutted though and two thirds through a bottle of plonk as I type. I'm really disappointed for her. How can I tell her that the best thing for her to do with her track record and reputation is to go freelance? She can avoid all the corporate crap then and answer to herself and have people that respect her enough to pay her what she's worth?

Also how can I make it not hurt so much that she's been rejected for being herself? Because I realise that's what's hurting her right now.

8Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 21:07

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sounds like she said "Yoda" instead of "Superman".

9Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 21:09

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

She'd have said Ozymandias because she's cool as fuck and properly knows her comic books.

10Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 21:11

not really a stupid question as such, but two years ago i interviewed in crewe for a dolly-bird job at virgin trains. It was also called an assessment centre and they had a special room that was set up to simulate an angry passenger being aggressive towards you.

thing was, they didn't say just how aggressive. i nearly shat myself when this huge bloke comes running into the room shouting and swearing, getting right in my face. I didn't get the job.

11Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 21:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:not really a stupid question as such, but two years ago i interviewed in crewe for a dolly-bird job at virgin trains. It was also called an assessment centre and they had a special room that was set up to simulate an angry passenger being aggressive towards you.

thing was, they didn't say just how aggressive. i nearly shat myself when this huge bloke comes running into the room shouting and swearing, getting right in my face. I didn't get the job.

God, that sounds absolutely hilarious.

12Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What does your wife do? Answer, what i tell her.

13Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:not really a stupid question as such, but two years ago i interviewed in crewe for a dolly-bird job at virgin trains. It was also called an assessment centre and they had a special room that was set up to simulate an angry passenger being aggressive towards you.

Jane, please go back to your original avatar. Your current shemale picture is ruining your streetcred.

14Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Jane, please go back to your original avatar. Your current shemale picture is ruining your streetcred.

RT, are you seriously giving out avatar streetcred guidance?

15Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not my place to give out guidance but Jayne is a wholesome looking filly that you would like to take home to your parents. If I brought her current Avatar home for a ' meet and greet ' my father would have ripped my plums off.

16Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

at least "she's" picked an avatar which is at least the right sex this time.

17Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's not my place to give out guidance but Jayne is a wholesome looking filly that you would like to take home to your parents. If I brought her current Avatar home for a ' meet and greet ' my father would have ripped my plums off.

All fair comments, but you've had that avatar for 8 months now and I still haven't got my head round what it actually is, whether its been photoshopped, and so on. I wouldn't know whether to bring that home on a lead or in a cage.

18Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find your comment very hurtful. It is a photograph taken at a party. I was pissed out of my brains at the time. I have a confession to make. I don't wear a wig as a matter of course.

My mother told me that I have lucky lips.

Stupid interview questions Mtxwtv

P.S. The jumper was a Christmas present from my Gran.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:52; edited 1 time in total

19Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 22:51

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I thought I was the only one!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Stupid interview questions Empty Re: Stupid interview questions Mon Sep 10 2012, 23:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that image appears on "the internets top 30 ugly people" list.

some honour RT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum