Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could there be a more stupid name.

+7
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
rammywhite
gloswhite
Angry Dad
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Could there be a more stupid name. Empty Could there be a more stupid name. Wed Nov 29 2017, 23:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A gym friend of the wife is about due to drop and it's a boy. Now it gets silly they have decided to name the kid Fenton, if that isn't bad enough it gets worse their surname is Shenton, poor kid, schools gonna be a gas.::wtf::

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Fenton is also a not-so-salubrious part of Stoke. Poor kid. Everybody is so determined to give their kids a name that will make an impression, that they sound more like noises than names. Even our kids names are being Americanised Crying or Very sad

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:A gym friend of the wife is about due to drop and it's a boy. Now it gets silly they have decided to name the kid Fenton, if that isn't bad enough it gets worse their surname is Shenton, poor kid, schools gonna be a gas.::wtf::

I just googled the word Fenton and it comes from old English and it means someone who lives in a swamp. Shenton means a place with drinkable water.

So the kids a swamp dweller with drinking water.  Seems a bit contradictory. His parents need counselling.
A bloke who taught me at school was called Donald MacDonald and one of my neighbours in Scotland is called Alpine Mac Alpine. There are some fairly cruel parents about!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know someone who has given their kid the names of Google, August, all grace & all good!  Shocked

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:A gym friend of the wife is about due to drop and it's a boy. Now it gets silly they have decided to name the kid Fenton, if that isn't bad enough it gets worse their surname is Shenton, poor kid, schools gonna be a gas.::wtf::

I just googled the word Fenton and it comes from old English and it means someone who lives in a swamp. Shenton means a place with drinkable water.

So the kids a swamp dweller with drinking water.  Seems a bit contradictory. His parents need counselling.
A bloke who taught me at school was called Donald MacDonald and one of my neighbours in Scotland is called Alpine Mac Alpine. There are some fairly cruel parents about!!
Very Happy

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

While I was out working in Blackburn a few weeks back, I was at an Indian/Pakistani womans house. She turned to the living room and shouted her son, Harshit.

At this point I'm not sure how to react, because I'm thinking she's having a bout of tourettes, turning around and shouting the word Horse shit a few times. 

It only dawned on me after Harshit put pen to paper and signed the delivery note what had happened.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Used to work in a place where the supervisor was called Ian. No big thing there, His surname was Cumming, (no 'S'). Again, not too bad, but when you added his middle name initial, 'M', it tends to change things. 
Full name: I.M. Cumming.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

When i was a young lad at school the local shopkeeper was called Kempton Cannon wierd but also kind of cool too.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I also used to work with a young lady who's surname was hyphenated. Very posh you would think, even though her surname was Pine-Coffin. (really !)

10Could there be a more stupid name. Empty Re: Could there be a more stupid name. Thu Nov 30 2017, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some Bolton School OB's may remember Mr Hunt. First name Isaac.

11Could there be a more stupid name. Empty Re: Could there be a more stupid name. Thu Nov 30 2017, 20:16

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I used to know a girl at school called Iona Wolf.....and there was a couple in Holcombe whose surname was Pipe, and they cruelly (or stupidly) christened their son Duane.....

I played in a tennis match against a youth called Richard Soles.  In the score book, the officials used the initial of his Christian name before his surname.

12Could there be a more stupid name. Empty Re: Could there be a more stupid name. Fri Dec 01 2017, 13:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:I used to know a girl at school called Iona Wolf.....and there was a couple in Holcombe whose surname was Pipe, and they cruelly (or stupidly) christened their son Duane.....

I played in a tennis match against a youth called Richard Soles.  In the score book, the officials used the initial of his Christian name before his surname.
I burst out laughing when I saw these names. Cruel, but very funny.  Very Happy

13Could there be a more stupid name. Empty Re: Could there be a more stupid name. Fri Dec 01 2017, 13:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could there be a more stupid name. 1-freestyle-list-photo-u1?w=650&q=60&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=facesCould there be a more stupid name. Guess-where-this-guy-is-photo-u4?w=650&q=60&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces
Could there be a more stupid name. We-hesitate-to-ask-exactly-what-this-chick-is-selling-photo-u3?w=650&q=50&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

14Could there be a more stupid name. Empty Re: Could there be a more stupid name. Fri Dec 01 2017, 14:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very Happy

15Could there be a more stupid name. Empty Re: Could there be a more stupid name. Sun Dec 03 2017, 21:51

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I used to run against a guy called C Mycock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum