Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sensible new substitute rule...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sensible new substitute rule... Empty Sensible new substitute rule... Sat Jan 18 2014, 23:46

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So here's the scenario.

You have made all three subs and there are 25 mins to go. A bad tackle results in your player getting injured and the opposition player gets a yellow card. Under the current rules for allowed substitutions its tough luck, you have to play the last 25 mins with 10 men against 11 through no fault of your own.

Its unfair. So I have come up with a solution.
The obvious idea being that you get to make an extra sub if you pick up a game ending injury. But its open to abuse for obvious reasons- so how do you manage it? I propose the following...

If you have used three subs and another player is injured as the result of a yellow or red card foul by the other team you get to sub off the injured player but only to bring back on one of the players who went off earlier so you can't use a fourth extra man, you just get to re-use a subbed player.

An additional security measure to prevent teams using it tactically is that if you use this option to make an extra change then the player who comes off for a game ending injury must miss the next game...

I can't really see a downside to this idea. Any thoughts?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Sensible new substitute rule... Empty Re: Sensible new substitute rule... Sat Jan 18 2014, 23:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:So here's the scenario.

You have made all three subs and there are 25 mins to go. A bad tackle results in your player getting injured and the opposition player gets a yellow card. Under the current rules for allowed substitutions its tough luck, you have to play the last 25 mins with 10 men against 11 through no fault of your own.

Its unfair. So I have come up with a solution.
The obvious idea being that you get to make an extra sub if you pick up a game ending injury. But its open to abuse for obvious reasons- so how do you manage it? I propose the following...

If you have used three subs and another player is injured as the result of a yellow or red card foul by the other team you get to sub off the injured player but only to bring back on one of the players who went off earlier so you can't use a fourth extra man, you just get to re-use a subbed player.

An additional security measure to prevent teams using it tactically is that if you use this option to make an extra change then the player who comes off for a game ending injury must miss the next game...

I can't really see a downside to this idea. Any thoughts?

I quite like your idea but It would have to be the same kind of player for it to work I reckon to stop cheating, e.g midfielder for midfielder etc.

3Sensible new substitute rule... Empty Re: Sensible new substitute rule... Sun Jan 19 2014, 08:59

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There were no subs when I started watching, so what's the problem?

4Sensible new substitute rule... Empty Re: Sensible new substitute rule... Sun Jan 19 2014, 11:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was listening to Talk Sport the other day and they had an idea where you could have a 4th substitution, but the sub had to be under 21 years old.  I thought that was potentially a good idea.

5Sensible new substitute rule... Empty Re: Sensible new substitute rule... Sun Jan 19 2014, 18:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

My initial thought was that that was a great idea to get younger players involved but the more I thought about it the less I like it.

It's ageist. And for some teams bringing on a 4th sub like a 19 year old Rooney or Ronaldo etc is far more beneficial than say Bolton getting to bring on some unknown. It's an unfair playing field.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

6Sensible new substitute rule... Empty Re: Sensible new substitute rule... Sun Jan 19 2014, 18:21

To stop teams cheating by having their players feign injury to get some fresher legs on, I'd suggest that the player going off should have to spend whatever time's left locked in a perspex tank at the side of the pitch full of crocodiles and electric eels.

And if they refuse this option, I'd have a bloke with a 4lb lump hammer ready to bust one of their knees, just to make sure they're properly injured.

7Sensible new substitute rule... Empty Re: Sensible new substitute rule... Sun Jan 19 2014, 22:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:lazy:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum