Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWSA Meeting

+10
karlypants
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Triumph
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWSA Meeting Empty BWSA Meeting Tue Jan 21 2014, 23:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWSA nights are usually quite reserved, friendly and chilled out evenings with players attending to answer questions and fans getting together to talk all things Wanderers. With this one following what was a diabolical showing at the weekend, I was slightly concerned that tonight would be quite the opposite and that some may show up purely to vent their understandable concerns.  Thankfully though, it went for the majority of the time OK. 

Credit was given to both Zat and Ray...Jay for showing up when they could quite easily have bailed and straight away they apologised for the Reading display. That game has had an obvious effect on the two and from what they said, the squad as a whole. They know that what they produced on not just Saturday, but the whole season, isn't good enough and nowhere near what they and we as fans expected of the campaign. 

They understood that they could only apologise so much, but they realise the only way to really apologise is to produce better, much better, on Saturday and in particular next Tuesday in the league game against QPR. 

Chris Elden asked the question about playing in front of the Reebok crowd and whether they preferred playing away, Zat understood fans frustrations at home, but asked for the fans to stay on board and become the 12th man again, he also pointed out that whilst understanding booing at full time, booing during the game and at half time does have a negative effect on the team. 

There were a few injury updates, Cavies has struggled all season with a series of niggly hamstring strains, and they confirmed that Holden is returning to the US for a week soon, and will return to step up match fitness. Zat was asked about his preferred centre half partner and it was pointed out that both had played better with Ream. Knight said with Ream being left sided and he and Mills both being right, it definitely brought more balance to the back four. Asked about team rotation, both said this was DF's choice and usually done with the opposition in mind. 

They let slip that keeping players happy was also a factor, but they also mentioned about 'rebellious' players in the squad. They named no names, but its clear there are some divisions there. I asked about the captaincy and you can see the answer on The Reebok Roar Facebook Page ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a video of the answer. (Basically Spearing is the vice captain and Zat is the club captain and they are both happy with the way things are)  

A gentleman who turned up late took the mic and praised Jay for his spirit and fight, he then turned on Zat and started to lay into him, claiming he was past it and only there to claim his wage, which he also said of other players. Marc Iles stepped in briefly, but the mic was grabbed by Spearing who calmly, but firmly told the man he was out of order, not for his opinion, but for the manner he had put it across. 

I was surprised that he was the only one to voice this view as talk on twitter suggested masses of fans would be showing up to vent like this, but he was the only one. Spearing's reaction and defence of his team mate was admirable and proved to me there is a team spirit and togetherness in the majority of the camp. 

Pete Entwhistle, founder of the BWSA also took the mic and asked fans to stop the negativity and pull together and get behind the fans. When asked about formations, Spearing said he preferred the midfield diamond we played against B'pool. 

What I took from the Q&A was that we have so far taken this league and some sides too lightly, both admitted a certain degree of arrogance and perhaps believing they are better than they are. Only time will tell, but for as awful and depressing as Saturday was, perhaps that game has served as a severe wake up call for the players. As Jay said, every game now is a cup final game....

This report was written by Paul Tunnicliffe on the Reebok Roar Supporters Page - He is also a member on here (Tunster I think)

2BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 08:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every credit to the people who could be bothered turning up, but I find this "let's pull together and get behind the team" pretty insulting when these ponces are pulling in upwards of £20k per week to perform like they did at Reading.

When these happy clapping fans wake up and realise loyalty is a two way thing perhaps football will change.

3BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 08:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat please change your avatar i am getting funny looks at work!

4BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 09:35

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The BWSA is a fucking shambles anyway and does not represent the fans as a whole.

They are very selective over membership and only want middle aged 'I was there in the 4th division' Happy Clappers who wear flat caps and jackets covered in BWFC pin badges to attend the meetings.

Pete Entwistle is a wanker who abuses his position to simply meet BWFC players and get himself in to certain private functions and press conferences, hes a deluded happy clapper just like the rest of the BWSA.

We need a proper SA not subsidized by the club but ran by fans for fans.

5BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 09:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"What I took from the Q&A was that we have so far taken this league and some sides too lightly, both admitted a certain degree of arrogance and perhaps believing they are better than they are."

I knew it, I've said it before and I still blame the media for over-hyping this at best average squad.

6BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 10:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

They are very selective over membership and only want middle aged 'I was there in the 4th division' Happy Clappers who wear flat caps and jackets covered in BWFC pin badges to attend the meetings.

Not strictly true Rebel. The Supporters Association is open to anyone to join. I am a middle aged member myself but I always make a point of leaving my cloth cap and tweed jacket at home when I attend meetings and I always tie my whippet up outside.

7BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 11:39

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:Nat please change your avatar i am getting funny looks at work!
I am sure Nat could get treatment for having one tit higher than the other.

8BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 12:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Not strictly true Rebel. The Supporters Association is open to anyone to join. I am a middle aged member myself but I always make a point of leaving my cloth cap and tweed jacket at home when I attend meetings and I always tie my whippet up outside.

lol!

9BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 12:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a member,and I'm quite normal.

10BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:08

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lots of Happy Faces.

11BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:17

Triumph wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lots of Happy Faces.

I can almost smell the clapping from here.

12BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Lots of Happy Faces.

Sanctuary from the relentless gloom.

13BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing needs a shave, if it grows any more he won't be able to see the ball!

14BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Spearing needs a shave, if it grows any more he won't be able to see the ball!
It's Frodo Baggins!

15BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

lol! 

16BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A bit self absorbed of Chris Eagles to turn up in his orange Bolton shirt.

17BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But at least his hair was washed and he was clean shaven.

18BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's the old fella infront of knight looking at

19BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:What's the old fella infront of knight looking at

That's me. I could see my whippet scratching at the door. I think it could smell the treats that I had in my donkey jacket pocket. Oyster Vol-au-vents courtesy of BWSA.

20BWSA Meeting Empty Re: BWSA Meeting Wed Jan 22 2014, 18:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The two old fellas infront of knight look like the two old women characters Les Dawson and the other guy used to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum