Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Relegation dogfight.

+10
Boggersbelief
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
QPR and Ipswich both away - there's a very good chance it will happen, but we'll survive no problem.

You poor deluded man.

22Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 17:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
QPR and Ipswich both away - there's a very good chance it will happen, but we'll survive no problem.

You poor deluded man.
This is a rare event but I agree fully with Natasha here. Wanderlust mate, saying we'll survive no problem is a bit silly. The fact is that no team is EVER too good to go down if they are performing badly and with no apparent confidence or plan. 

Man Utd found that out in 1976, Man City several times, Leeds, both Sheffield clubs, Newcastle, West Ham Utd, God knows how may others have said "We'll be fine, we're in a bit of a blip but don't worry there's no way we'll go down. We're too big/ too good/ everyone below us is worse than us" and found out in May just how wrong that assumption is. 

While the overall performance yesterday was pretty good in parts I saw plenty to worry me, starting with our woeful finishing. Lonergan's mistake was a bad one but the defence should have dealt with it long before that happened. All afternoon we looked worryingly inept at the front and frighteningly weak at the back. Cardiff were there for the taking and we failed to take advantage of that. Yes they're in the Prem but they're bottom of the prem, a club that's championship bound and frankly looked a bit poorer than many of our league opponents have done this term. 

I am worried about this, we don't look like we really have much of a fallback position from the current players and they don't look to me like they really believe in themselves or dougie's "plan" whatever that may be. 

I agree relegation is a little UNLIKELY but it's nowhere near impossible and if we continue to play the way we did yesterday, wasting chances at one end and making schoolboy errors at the other then it's a very real possibility indeed. To say otherwise is, as Natasha says delusional.

23Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get one point ''max'' out of the next two games.

24Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:We'll get one point ''max'' out of the next two games.

I fancy us for all six. I just have a feeling that the Reading game was a big wake-up call and now we have nothing to lose, things can only get better.

25Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
I fancy us for all six. I just have a feeling that the Reading game was a big wake-up call and now we have nothing to lose, things can only get better.

It's about time someone shut the site WUM up.

You say this before every match, including the Reading 7-1 thrashing.

26Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:We'll get one point ''max'' out of the next two games.

Happy clapper alert , happy clapper alert  :cop:

27Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Actually I think you'll find that I went for a 1-1 draw in the Reading game. I can genuinely see us doing QPR either 1-0 or 3-1 and I reckon we can just edge it at Ipswich possibly by one goal to nil.

28Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat QPR. It's just what happens in this league and we are due a win

29Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Actually I think you'll find that I went for a 1-1 draw in the Reading game. I can genuinely see us doing QPR either 1-0 or 3-1 and I reckon we can just edge it at Ipswich possibly by one goal to nil.
RT mate I love an optimist but THREE goals in one game? Us? Wow mate that vino you're holding must have some kick to it. Laughing  

Seriously though, I think we'll draw against Ipswich and lose to QPR, we might nab a point from both but to be honest the God awful finishing I watched yesterday doesn't exactly fill me with hope. I never thought I'd say this but we need Beckford back pronto and we need DF to set out a way more attacking style because right now I'd say we need to make about a hundred chances to be sure of scoring one. I know it's exaggerating a bit but not as much as it should be to say that. 

And given how paper thin our defence looks, well, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet in either game.

30Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You poor deluded man.

OK. We get relegated and I'll leave the site for the entire time we remain below Championship level.
We don't and you don't post during the next season as NW or any other alias.

Agreed?

31Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this a forum full of gamblers?  Very Happy

32Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We shouldn't encourage people not to post! Can't the prize not be having a tattoo of Dougie on your ass/tits?

33Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 11:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Is this a forum full of gamblers?  Very Happy
Just getting into the spirit of it Scott.
There's no way we'll get relegated. Natasha knows it, we all know it. 
She just says things for effect, perhaps as a substitute for the attention she'd get if she was capable of sustaining a relationship with a human.

34Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 11:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
We don't and you don't post during the next season as NW or any other alias.

Agreed?

I'll have to post as BoltonTillIDie or the site won't run.

35Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 11:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In your dreams...

36Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 11:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's difficult to keep logging in and out as NW and BTID.

37Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 11:38

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We will definatley take a dip into the danger zone, how long we stay there is another question again reliant on signings and management, if nothing changes I really fear the worst.

38Relegation dogfight. - Page 2 Empty Re: Relegation dogfight. Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's difficult to keep logging in and out as NW and BTID.
Fair point. What with those and your other 27 aliases the site will be like the Marie Celeste without you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum