Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 out of 5 Games at Home - What can we do?

+11
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Whitesince63
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
observer
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What's this N'Gog money that hasn't been given to Dougie? We haven't received any money for N'Gog and the deal is we'll receive a small bonus, if Swansea stay up. Maybe a couple of hundred thousand.

The 32K wages that we were paying N'Gog, will be used to bring in possibly 3 new players on loan, when the loan transfer window opens at the end of the week.

Someone please enlighten me, what this N'Gog money is, what Dougie hasn't been given?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:What's this N'Gog money that hasn't been given to Dougie? We haven't received any money for N'Gog and the deal is we'll receive a small bonus, if Swansea stay up. Maybe a couple of hundred thousand.

The 32K wages that we were paying N'Gog, will be used to bring in possibly 3 new players on loan, when the loan transfer window opens at the end of the week.

Someone please enlighten me, what this N'Gog money is, what Dougie hasn't been given?
Can't remember exactly where it came from Culcheth but the gist was that after the deal was done DF was told that he couldn't use the wage savings to fund another player in and would have to move someone else out if he wanted money for a loanee - hence Cavies to Preston.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:What's this N'Gog money that hasn't been given to Dougie? We haven't received any money for N'Gog and the deal is we'll receive a small bonus, if Swansea stay up. Maybe a couple of hundred thousand.

Can't remember exactly where it came from Culcheth but the gist was that after the deal was done DF was told that he couldn't use the wage savings to fund another player in and would have to move someone else out if he wanted money for a loanee - hence Cavies to Preston.
I've not heard that Wanderlust. I am under the impression that there are funds available for 3 loan signings. Dawson is still a priority, but we'll have to fight off Wigan and Dougie still wants Mason. I've heard Dougie is more likely to sign a right back, because he can't find a quality left back and he is more likely to shift Baptiste to left back.  Rolling Eyes 

We'll find out shortly anyway, with regards to what funds are available for Dougie.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
I've not heard that Wanderlust. I am under the impression that there are funds available for 3 loan signings. Dawson is still a priority, but we'll have to fight off Wigan and Dougie still wants Mason. I've heard Dougie is more likely to sign a right back, because he can't find a quality left back and he is more likely to shift Baptiste to left back.  Rolling Eyes 

We'll find out shortly anyway, with regards to what funds are available for Dougie.

Ahhh!! Mason!! Baptiste at left back!! I really hope Bournemouth put 10 past us if it helps get rid of this arsehole.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find it hard to believe the board is being as tight some suggest. Does anybody really think Dougie was told he'd have the money saved on Ngog's wages to bring players in, only to be told afterwards that he'd have to loan out Craig Davies as well to be able to bring in anybody at all?

To me, it's clear that Dougie doesn't like Craig Davies and would much rather take a chance on some Middlesbrough reject and a Cardiff youngster who's plainly not suited to the dreadful way we insist on playing.
I think he'd have loaned him out whether we were cash strapped or not, but I think we'll see more loans coming through the door before the end of the season.

It's sad that it's not worked out for Davies. He seemed like just the sort of bargain signing we need to be building with but obviously not.

doffcocker wrote:To me, it's clear that Dougie doesn't like Craig Davies and would much rather take a chance on some Middlesbrough reject and a Cardiff youngster who's plainly not suited to the dreadful way we insist on playing.

Do you really believe that? I know the Dougie is an idiot theory is popular at the moment, but if we're being realistic there's no way anybody would be dim enough to leave us with one fit striker purely because he doesn't like the alternative.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Do you really believe that? I know the Dougie is an idiot theory is popular at the moment, but if we're being realistic there's no way anybody would be dim enough to leave us with one fit striker purely because he doesn't like the alternative.

I believe that Dougie has let personal feelings cloud his judgement. Does anyone really think this Boro guy will be any good? Of course not.

Im quietly confident about him to be honest, although I tend to be an optimist with our signings. There's certainly no reason to believe he's worse than Craig Davies.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:To me, it's clear that Dougie doesn't like Craig Davies and would much rather take a chance on some Middlesbrough reject and a Cardiff youngster who's plainly not suited to the dreadful way we insist on playing.

Yes. To my knowledge, the loan window reopens on Saturday. If he brings somebody in then, which I imagine is the plan, we'll have only gone one, maybe two matches with only one fit striker.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Yes. To my knowledge, the loan window reopens on Saturday. If he brings somebody in then, which I imagine is the plan, we'll have only gone one, maybe two matches with only one fit striker.
Was that fit or shit striker?

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I just can't believe he'd leave himself with one fit striker for any other reason than money.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe he still picks Knight every week, but he does.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
I just can't believe he'd leave himself with one fit striker for any other reason than money.

I imagine the original plan was to loan out Davies and bring in Jutkiewicz and Mason, which backfired when Mason rejected due to unexpected circumstances.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can you honestly think that any other manager in any division regardless of budget, being in the position of having sold one striker and loaned out three others to remain with one Boro reject as your one and only choice up front , would still be employed ? The man is a fuckwit and his protestations after saturday that lack of backup up front wasnt a problem proves he is both inept and totally out of his depth ! I have watched this fuckwit and his sidekick LL slowly dismantle a reasonable squad,supporters belief and as an aside brought the club into the realms of farce and ridicule he has to go !!

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I imagine the original plan was to loan out Davies and bring in Jutkiewicz and Mason, which backfired when Mason rejected due to unexpected circumstances.

I don't see the huge problem with this plan to be honest. Especially as I'd imagine Davies has a recall in his loan in case of emergency, the loan window reopens soon and Beckford's back from injury. 

It's risky yes, but I'd be happier with Beckford Juke and Mason than Beckford and Davies.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ye all of small faith.

We are going to win our next five games in a row.

You will see. I would bet on it.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:Ye all of small faith.

Biggie- you need a better psychiatrist

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Ye all of small faith.

One in a row would be a start.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Lol. That's true. Im gonna put a bet on for 5 in a row though, er, can you do that and how?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Lol. That's true. Im gonna put a bet on for 5 in a row though, er, can you do that and how?
You could just send the money to me and I'll burn it for you....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum