Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John McGinlay: Manager

+18
Reebok_Rebel
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Hip Priest
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
karlypants
Whitesince63
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 11:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
 :agree:  
It would be a terrible shame to subject a former player to the current situation and it's trite to suggest that our problems could be sorted by "player motivation".

Never under estimate what can be achieved with motivated players. Trust me, it would keep us up this season if these players all gave 100%.

If it's true what RT's contact says about DF focusing more on trying to find or offload players and generally deal with the financial crisis than coaching the squad, perhaps there'd be more mileage in JMc getting involved with the coaching.

32John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 11:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
If it's true what RT's contact says about DF focusing more on trying to find or offload players and generally deal with the financial crisis than coaching the squad, perhaps there'd be more mileage in JMc getting involved with the coaching.

He could certainly teach some of these ponces how to finish.

33John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

He could certainly teach some of these ponces how to finish.
Doubt he could keep up with the ponces.

34John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Finishing isn't about fitness, it's about confidence and skill.

35John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 11:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic wasn't fit, but in this division he'd score 15-20 goals a season coming off the bench.

36John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 12:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Yeh, Van Persie's a right fat bastard and he does alright!!
Woman and football eh? A little knowledge is dangerous.

37John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

John Mc is a fat balding middle aged barsteward with communication issues and as much as I admire his past achievements I don't think he can teach them much as his game was built entirely on touch and instinct. Might be able to tell them a bit about positional sense (if they can understand him) but it won't do much good as they'd never get the fantastic service McGinlay enjoyed so they'll be hanging around the 6 yard box waiting for balls that don't arrive.
Our current midfield and attacking players simply don't get beyond the 18 yard line often enough anyway and McGinlay wasn't that great from that sort of distance.

38John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
John Mc is a fat balding middle aged barsteward with communication issues

I demand wanderlust is removed from this site immediately.

Can you imagine a real Bolton fan posting those words?

39John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 13:16

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

John Mc is a fat balding middle aged barsteward with communication issues and as much as I admire his past achievements I don't think he can teach them much as his game was built entirely on touch and instinct. Might be able to tell them a bit about positional sense (if they can understand him) but it won't do much good as they'd never get the fantastic service McGinlay enjoyed so they'll be hanging around the 6 yard box waiting for balls that don't arrive.
Our current midfield and attacking players simply don't get beyond the 18 yard line often enough anyway and McGinlay wasn't that great from that sort of distance.

And how did your Dougie compare on the football pitch? Didn't exactly rip up trees eh?

40John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Supa John is one of my heroes, why is he a barsteward?

I wouldn't want him as manager to be honest but i wouldn't slag off a club legend like that without a very good reason.

41John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 14:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Supa John is one of my heroes, why is he a barsteward?

I wouldn't want him as manager to be honest but i wouldn't slag off a club legend like that  without a very good reason.

Because he bought me a drink once.

42John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 14:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
John Mc is a fat balding middle aged barsteward with communication issues

I demand wanderlust is removed from this site immediately.

Can you imagine a real Bolton fan posting those words?

You can't remove someone for stating facts..

43John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

You wouldn't understand Boggers, you're only about 12 and missed the McGinlay days. Chris Eagles is probably a hero to you.

44John McGinlay: Manager - Page 3 Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 17:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

You wouldn't understand Boggers, you're only about 12 and missed the McGinlay days. Chris Eagles is probably a hero to you.

I deserve a little more respect.

Chris eagles is a fanny

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum