Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jukes goal...

+4
rammywhite
JAH
Keegan
Bolton Nuts
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jukes goal... Empty Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 00:32

Bolton Nuts

Admin

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Jukes goal... Empty Re: Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 01:55

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Route 1 football at its finest!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Jukes goal... Empty Re: Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 06:45

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

A well taken goal, but I think I can finally see what DF is trying to do ;-)

4Jukes goal... Empty Re: Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 09:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JAH wrote:A well taken goal, but I think I can finally see what DF is trying to do ;-)

Can you? Can you please let the rest of us know. Or perhaps I missed the sarcasm

5Jukes goal... Empty Re: Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 10:41

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Amusingly nobody looked more surprised than Juke when it went in

6Jukes goal... Empty Re: Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 12:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

well taken from a hopeful punt up the field from Zat. that's called buiding up from the back according to the doog.

7Jukes goal... Empty Re: Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 12:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah it was better when we scored them goals under Big Sam. 

Under "doog" they're shit.

8Jukes goal... Empty Re: Jukes goal... Tue Feb 11 2014, 13:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah it was better when we scored them goals under Big Sam. 

Under "doog" they're shit.
The difference is we didn't play route one for EVERY match and besides, we had players with the class and touch to make it a success on a regular basis when we did. SKD was the best hold up and flick on forward I've ever seen in one of our shirts. 

Big Sam played route one when he needed to and when he thought the opposition was vulnerable to it but his defenders could kick it a long way ACCURATELY and the likes of KD could actually USE it well when they got it. 

Today route one is ALL we have and it's done in more hope than expectation because the passing is generally woeful and the man at the other end usually loses it instantly even if he gets to it and the opposition put pressure on us again. 

On this occasion it worked a treat BUT and very sadly that's now as rare as an honest politician here. Dougie stubbornly clings to the same formation, style and tactics against ALL opposition whereas Big Sam had the ability and intelligence to adapt and change his plans as needed. We played a lot of good pass and move football under Sam but most of it didn't get seen the way our matches against the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal did. The media pretty much declared us a 'long ball' side because they only bothered to write a detailed report of our games against the "big clubs". The likes of Djorkaeff, Stelios, Jay Jay, Hierro, Campo and many others were NOT long ball players, they were skillful footballers of international class and showed it many times while here. Sam has been labelled "long ball and physical" for years by a lazy London based media when he's actually one of the most intelligent and adaptable managers in the country, possibly the best ENGLISH manager around today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum