Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATED - U21's v Spurs -THE GOALS - VIDEO

+13
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Whitesince63
wessy
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
JAH
Boggersbelief
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Been going on about the under 21's for months,Wilkinson,Youngs,Clough,Lester,Bolger the centre half,Iliev well the time has come fuck DF and his cronies off get JP,S,Lee,David Lee.Ffs Sandro the First team Brazilian was playing Danny Rose and I can't remember but I think the report said they had three first team lads in.Seen them beat Liverpool 3-2 at their place on LFC Tv which is free on BT a few months back.Seems like we have the making of a good side.But they need to be given playing time look at Southampton a few years ago Leauge 1 skintight come up through the players they produced like Lallana.DF take note you ignorant scotch twat.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:What formation do the under 18's  and under 21's play?
Probably a better one than Dougie likes!  :biggrin:

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Couldn't ever be anywhere as bad as the defensive Shute served up at the Reebok.The best thing it ain't working DF take note 2 wins at home tells its own story.Attack attack attack best form of defence.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Couldn't ever be anywhere as bad as the defensive Shute served up at the Reebok.The best thing it ain't working DF take note 2 wins at home tells its own story.Attack attack attack best form of defence.
Dougie has stitched us right up seeing as we have only 1 striker these days...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
White84 wrote:Couldn't ever be anywhere as bad as the defensive Shute served up at the Reebok.The best thing it ain't working DF take note 2 wins at home tells its own story.Attack attack attack best form of defence.
But everyone here is saying we have loads of strikers Karly.
There are at least 4 in the U21s and U18s.
Plus we have Beckford and Juke.
Plus Mason now, although for me he's always been a winger.

First people are slagging Dougie off for not having enough strikers.
Then they're saying we actually have loads of strikers and are slagging Dougie off for not playing them.
Then he recruits Juke and Mason and gets slagged off for "shit signings"
Then juke scores a couple and suddenly he's OK but Mason is shit.

Just goes to show that if people have a mind to there's a negative to be found in everything, even if it directly contradicts what they said last time.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:
But everyone here is saying we have loads of strikers Karly.
There are at least 4 in the U21s and U18s.
Plus we have Beckford and Juke.
Plus Mason now, although for me he's always been a winger.

First people are slagging Dougie off for not having enough strikers.
Then they're saying we actually have loads of strikers and are slagging Dougie off for not playing them.
Then he recruits Juke and Mason and gets slagged off for "shit signings"
Then juke scores a couple and suddenly he's OK but Mason is shit.

Just goes to show that if people have a mind to there's a negative to be found in everything, even if it directly contradicts what they said last time.
Sounding daft here but do we actually HAVE Mason? Can't find any confirmation of that on BN, SSN, or club site.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not confirmed yet but Sky saying loan deal should be done today.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Not confirmed yet but Sky saying loan deal should be done today.
Thanks mate.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No FFS Mason as a lone striker.Only Juke really can play that role in our current crop of forwards as he can put himself about and hold up the ball that's why Beckford is a requirement if fit to play alongside.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:No FFS Mason as a lone striker.Only Juke really can play that role in our current crop of forwards as he can put himself about and hold up the ball that's why Beckford is a requirement if fit to play alongside.
Totally agree mate.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
White84 wrote:No FFS Mason as a lone striker.Only Juke really can play that role in our current crop of forwards as he can put himself about and hold up the ball that's why Beckford is a requirement if fit to play alongside.
Totally agree mate.
Same here but it won't happen. Dougie will play one of the three of them as a lone front man and my guess would be Mason 'cos he has gone to so much trouble to get him in. I suspect Juke will be on the bench and we'll be told JB isn't fit yet. 

My horrible feeling is we'll line up with Pratley, Medo and Moritz in a five man flat midfield and DF won't change it unless we go behind by two at least.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were 2 down at half time but we scored in both nets, I don't get it.

Last edited by Boggersbelief on Thu 20 Feb - 23:28; edited 1 time in total

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The highlights are from the Under 18's victory V Man City, not V Spurs

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:We were 2 down at half time yet but we scored in both nets, I don't get it.

Of course you don't get it.

You don't get why your first team hasn't got many of these young players in it.

If you remember Burnley's U21s destroyed Bolton's U21s in the Premier League Cup this season, and only one of them Burnley players is anywhere near getting into our first team.

The Bolton team had the likes of White, Wilkinson, Youngs, Clough and Bolger in it.

All managers at every club would really like to bring in homegrown young players to the first team but they're obviously not good enough (yet?).

Most of these players (Burnley's included) will have to drop down to the Conference or League 2 to get first team action. We've got two at Workington at the moment and a few that have been released this season and are now playing in League 2.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry - my mistake - just saw the score line and never twigged it was the first of two consecutive 5-2 wins - (what must be the odds on that happening!).

Anyway enjoy a rare Bolton win even though I have stuck the video in the wrong thread!

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Blerim Dzemaili. He's another kid we released. Plays for Napoli now in the Europa Cup.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:We were 2 down at half time yet but we scored in both nets, I don't get it.

Of course you don't get it.

You don't get why your first team hasn't got many of these young players in it.

If you remember Burnley's U21s destroyed Bolton's U21s in the Premier League Cup this season, and only one of them Burnley players is anywhere near getting into our first team.

The Bolton team had the likes of White, Wilkinson, Youngs, Clough and Bolger in it.

All managers at every club would really like to bring in homegrown young players to the first team but they're obviously not good enough (yet?).

Most of these players (Burnley's included) will have to drop down to the Conference or League 2 to get first team action. We've got two at Workington at the moment and a few that have been released this season and are now playing in League 2.
That's exactly what Freedman has been saying Copper and I'm inclined to agree. Some nice passages of play but it's a massive step up to the first team. Main thing is that Dougie has fired off a few and brought in a few and they look a different prospect from the side that capitulated to everyone - including Burnley - earlier in the season. They'll come through when they're ready.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Blerim Dzemaili. He's another kid we released. Plays for Napoli now in the Europa Cup.

Another? Who were the other ones?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Read the thread from the beginning Hipster

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum