Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you feel bad for managers getting abused?

+4
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Being a sensitive soul, I feel sorry for Dougie sometimes. Obviously, he's clueless, but that's not a reason for a person to be treated like a dog. Think how his family feel. Think how he feels, knowing how it makes his family feel.

Then I think, fuck it. If he walked out tomorrow, it would solve a million problems, and he'd still have ten times more money than he deserves.

But then I go back to thinking, he's only human, and how many people would do any different.

I'm torn on this one.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet he gets really cut up when a moronic boltonian shouts abuse at him, probably wipes his tears away with £50 notes.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I bet he gets really cut up when a moronic boltonian shouts abuse at him, probably wipes his tears away with £50 notes.

Very Happy 

He's right. Managers are well paid, even in the Championship. They go into any job knowing if it goes wrong they're going to take a shitload of abuse.

Let's be honest, who wouldn't take a very highly paid job if the worst that could happen was a bit of abuse and a six figure pay-off.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Part of the reason that high profile people in the public gaze are paid so highly is that they are willing to take it. Some are immune to what the media says anyway.

Where I have an issue is when people pick up on rumours and half truths in the media or put their own spin on press releases and then start to hate somebody they don't even know - or even know the truth about. That's both stupid and nasty.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Part of the reason that high profile people in the public gaze are paid so highly is that they are willing to take it. Some are immune to what the media says anyway.

Where I have an issue is when people pick up on rumours and half truths in the media or put their own spin on press releases and then start to hate somebody they don't even know - or even know the truth about. That's both stupid and nasty.

I bloody hate you wanderlust you bellend.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Part of the reason that high profile people in the public gaze are paid so highly is that they are willing to take it. Some are immune to what the media says anyway.

I bloody hate you wanderlust you bellend.
 Very Happy Make your mind up woman. It was only last week you wanted to me to pleasure you senseless and it was no fun sitting around in that bar in Preston clutching a six pack of Trojans and a bottle of Boli waiting for the PM that never came.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I bet he gets really cut up when a moronic boltonian shouts abuse at him, probably wipes his tears away with £50 notes.

Very Happy 

He's right. Managers are well paid, even in the Championship. They go into any job knowing if it goes wrong they're going to take a shitload of abuse.

Let's be honest, who wouldn't take a very highly paid job if the worst that could happen was a bit of abuse and a six figure pay-off.

I doubt there's many things you wouldn't suffer for money, Whittam.

It's not the only thing in the world that matters, you know.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Part of the reason that high profile people in the public gaze are paid so highly is that they are willing to take it.

They think they can take it, then in reality find themselves torn between the money and their mental health.

Dougie isn't near as hard faced enough for it, in my opinion. I bet he's cried himself to sleep over it many times.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think abuse is to be expected in football, and I'm sure the players and managers are aware of that, and expect it.

but I do think it goes too far sometimes, there are some exceptionally embarrassing elements of every fan base, ours is no different.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a thread, I bet he can't believe his luck, how the Bolton fanny's have only just started to turn on him now.

At any-other club there'd be protesting on the car park with a blow up dildo.

I bet he's laughing at the soft Bolton lot.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be a football manager, you have to be thick skinned and if you're not, well the job isn't for you. The majority of football managers are highly paid, so they know the score.

Obviously football managers have feelings, maybe not Megson, but I don't particularly like it, when our fans give any of our managers abuse.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A lot of stick is dished out to managers, referees and players and a lot of it is over the top to say the least. There seems to be some kind of warped reasoning that makes it OK to abuse someone just because you have paid for a ticket. It wouldn't be tolerated at work, the cinema, a restaurant or anywhere else for that matter so it shouldn't be tolerated at football matches either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum