Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The managers we should want in!

+9
Horwich white
doffcocker
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The managers we should want in! Empty The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 12:29

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Gus Poyet.
"The goal is to emulate the way Spain play" No to "hoof ball"

Karl Robinson.
Attractive football and goalscoring are the key!

Sean O'Driscall.
“He plays on the floor, he plays on the floooor – Sean O’Driscoll; he
plays on the floor!” This is the chant currently emanating from the City
ground. The Arsenal of the Championship, apparently.

Ian Holloway.
Experiments with team selections. Will play three at the back if needed. Will adapt tactics to suit. Wants to attack attack attack.

Sammy Lee.
Superior knowledge. Let's see how we go with him in charge.

Ivan Campo.
"I want to give my experience to Bolton Wanderers. My Family."

More details on most of the managers in this list [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Personally I would hate the idea of a purely results orientated manager coming in. I do not want any more years of defensive, negative rubbish. No thank you. If we appoint the wrong manager now it would be a disaster. A defensive manager might get us some clean sheets and buy us a few places on the table but is that what we want to turn up for for the next few seasons? Once the man is in place we know we will be stuck with it for a couple of years.

2The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 12:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. My interest these days is seeing players who can play football - what a novel concept.

3The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 16:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To play football the "right way" you have to have players who can pass and move.

We don't have any.

4The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 17:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair and to get our team back on track this seasona dn get promotion we cannor rely on fancy football - we do need a results driven manager - bad to hear, I know, but thats teh nature of the game. But it would have to be reviewed at the end of the season!!!

5The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 17:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see anyone with half a brain wanting to sign up with us just for this season unless there is a massive bonus for getting us promoted.

6The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 17:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

bwfc71 wrote:To be fair and to get our team back on track this seasona dn get promotion we cannor rely on fancy football

Not having that sorry, Blackpool did it and got promoted, Brighton play some good stuff and are doing well, Southampton played good attractive football and got promoted.

We have the players for it IMO, especially on the wings.

7The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 20:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

jayjay23 wrote:

Sammy Lee.
Superior knowledge. Let's see how we go with him in charge.

Lets see? He has the worst record ever as Bolton manager. He was so bad even Megson and Coyle were better!

8The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 21:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You could tell from Sammy Lee's first teamsheet against West Ham in 2007 he was to be an unmitigated disaster. I'll never forget his trademark line which was "football is a confidence game". I pray they don't think take their time bringing the new manager in.

9The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 21:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Would you accept Sammy Lee as boss if we win our next three with him in charge?

10The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Wed Oct 10 2012, 21:58

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We do have TEH (why do you keep saying teh Chris?) players to do it Natasha!

Mark Davies can do it. Eagles can. Afobe can. Holden can (when back). Petrov, Lee and Wylde can. They all have potential Premiership ability. And we are in the Championship. We have just used them all wrong. We also have Riley, Vela and Spearing too. All potentially very good players.

We have defenders who did ok in the Prem.

We have Sordell who is a proven scorer at this level. And Ngog who so many on here rate when used in the appropriate system. I think a good manager could come in and have us playing like Blackpool in no time!

I pray for a manager who thinks it can be done.

The alternative is a manager who thinks it can't be done. And therefore won't even attempt it. How would that make you feel?

11The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 06:37

Horwich white

Horwich white
David Ngog
David Ngog

ole g solskjaer but we gonna get appleton

Last edited by Horwich white on Fri Oct 12 2012, 07:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : jj)

12The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 08:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

jayjay23 wrote:We do have TEH (why do you keep saying teh Chris?) players to do it Natasha!

Because I type too fast and got into a habit of typing "teh" instead of "the" and just cannot be bothered either spellchecking or reading through to correct - been doing for years - only time I use a spellchecker if for official documents.

13The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 08:44

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

There is no safe bet. Whoever we get is a gamble.

Personally I would love PG to be bold and invite Ollie to teh position, not Stan (Mick Mc).

14The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 09:01

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

According to BN McCarthy is no longer on our list.. He's been ruled out.

15The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 09:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

inf wrote:According to BN McCarthy is no longer on our list.. He's been ruled out.

Thank god if true.

16The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 11:03

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Di Canio happy with being linked to Bolton but denies he's had any contact with the club, according to bbc.

17The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 11:21

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

jayjay23 wrote:

Hmmm. We got relegated and it wasn't because we didn't score enough goals.

18The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Thu Oct 11 2012, 11:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:We do have TEH (why do you keep saying teh Chris?) players to do it Natasha!

Mark Davies can do it. Eagles can. Afobe can. Holden can (when back). Petrov, Lee and Wylde can. They all have potential Premiership ability. And we are in the Championship. We have just used them all wrong. We also have Riley, Vela and Spearing too. All potentially very good players.

We have Sordell who is a proven scorer at this level. And Ngog who so many on here rate when used in the appropriate system. I think a good manager could come in and have us playing like Blackpool in no time!

The alternative is a manager who thinks it can't be done. And therefore won't even attempt it. How would that make you feel?

When you say the players "can do it" what is this "it" you're talking about.

I think they've proven conclusively they can't do "it"

19The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Fri Oct 12 2012, 18:19

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

When you say the players "can do it" what is this "it" you're talking about.

I think they've proven conclusively they can't do "it"

The first line reveals all. We do have players that can do it Natasha. In response to Natasha Whittam claiming we don't have players who can pass and move/ play decent football on the floor.

20The managers we should want in! Empty Re: The managers we should want in! Fri Oct 12 2012, 18:36

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

inf wrote:Di Canio happy with being linked to Bolton but denies he's had any contact with the club, according to bbc.

Our club won't have the balls to sign Di Canio

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum