Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Managers morals

+19
wessy
Cajunboy
Moses Gate
Norpig
scottjames30
gloswhite
Bollotom2014
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
Sluffy
FullofSprite
doffcocker
okocha
Jingizu99
KillerGorilla
wanderlust
JAH
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Managers morals Empty Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:12

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm sure some kind mod will tidy this up for me!!

To my mind, no one comes out of this story with much credit. As I realise the majority on here are blokes, I would genuinely want to know your views about the whole scenario from a personal pov. Do you think it matters to his performance as a football manager as well?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I have literally just read that story and was going to post it myself but you have just beaten me to it. His personal life seems an absolute mess and it would be impossible for it not to play on your mind at work so I believe it would definitely have a negative impact on his performance as manager.

3Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:21

Time to go. I was willing to back lennon even if we got relegated but this i cant abide. Bye lennon. Hope you never work again

4Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:24

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not interested at all! I only look at his win percentage and that's the worst of any Bolton manager in recent memory. If we get new owners then time would be right to sack him.

5Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:27

Yeah threatening a woman with a knife and cheating on his missus. But is we was top of the championship you are saying that would be ok?

6Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is wrong on so many levels and I'm not sure what to believe.
I mean gingers having sex? That's a bit far fetched for starters. Although "woman gazing out of the window" seemed convinced. I just hope his performance in the bedroom is better than his performance as a manager. It wouldn't look good if she'd written he only came good once in twenty seven attempts would it?

7Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:54

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Don't believe everything you read this could be a two bit tramp looking for a payday, two sides to every story and all that! Still bad news though and I can see him resigning to be fair

8Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:59

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Oh yeah, The Mirror... bastion of credible journalism. Responsible for wide scale phone hacking. And frontpage headlines [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:00

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Doesn't reflect well on any of those involved (if true), but whatever happened to the Leveson recommendations on media ethics? Cameron agreed to support the findings, but in practice has done very little to curb the excesses of the press, because he did not want them to turn against him and his party. So the red tops, in particular, continue to gleefully delight in nasty dirt-digging and salacious tittle-tattle, via intrusion into people's private lives. Just look at the language used in the Mirror's report:- highly emotive, sensationalised wording designed to titillate.

Lennon has been a disappointment as a manager with us..... and his private affairs may well have played a part in distracting him from his professional duties, but it is only his managerial capabilities that should be judged. 

The irony is that he has willingly spent time with the media as an expert pundit when some would say he should have been more focussed on his main job; much good has it done him!

10Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nothing surprises me about this at all, in fact I remember reading an article from when he was at Celtic where some other tart was telling of a similar sequence of events.

Whatever you think of him as a manager - I personally think he's very good and so did everyone else not that long ago - it's never been in doubt that he's a potentially nasty piece of work. He grew up in a dreadful part of Ireland at a horrific time, he spent five-ten years in Glasgow where half the people literally wanted to kill him, and he has a history of mental illness.

11Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:19

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

doffcocker wrote:Nothing surprises me about this at all, in fact I remember reading an article from when he was at Celtic where some other tart was telling of a similar sequence of events.

Whatever you think of him as a manager - I personally think he's very good and so did everyone else not that long ago - it's never been in doubt that he's a potentially nasty piece of work. He grew up in a dreadful part of Ireland at a horrific time, he spent five-ten years in Glasgow where half the people literally wanted to kill him, and he has a history of mental illness.

Next thing people will say is "if we sack him, it'll bring on his mental illness and he will go further into depression" so we'd better keep him.

Rumour was Mjallby was doing the same, but his wife put her foot down and told him to get back to Sweden asap. Wonder when they joined BWFC if they thought it was a sleepy backwater, where you could get away with these things.

We can't afford to sack him and we still owe hime2 months wages. So Lennon will have to walk - expect official statement soon though

12Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not a pleasant story for anyone I know - but this bit did make me laugh!

"She says he even asked her advice on how to get struggling Bolton back to winning ways."

Very Happy

13Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:36

I know it's The Mirror and they've got documented previous for printing absolute bollocks and pretending it's true (Yes, Piers...I'm looking at you) but there appears to be quite a lot of very specific stuff in there which I can't see their lawyers passing if it wasn't true.

So Lennon's a dirty dog who's not above threatening his knock-off, is he?

Nice.

I've got absolutely no time for anybody who does that sort of thing, but then again, I'm biased because I've been the naive prick who was oblivious to his partner playing away in the past and I know how painful it can be.

As others have already said, nobody comes out of this sorry mess with any credit (quite fitting for a story on a Bolton forum, eh?) and it may well be the final nail in Lennon's coffin.

And for the record, it has coloured my view of him as a man and I'm no longer sure I want him managing us.

It's a bit like Diouf.

He was (and probably remains) a contemptible douche and I never really felt comfortable celebrating when he scored for us.

I appreciate that we don't really have a clue what goes on in these people's lives and they could all be at if for all we know but when specific things do come to light, it does make supporting them harder.

So on balance, yeah....pack your stuff, Neil, and fuck off.

14Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:39

Breadman wrote:I know it's The Mirror and they've got documented previous for printing absolute bollocks and pretending it's true (Yes, Piers...I'm looking at you) but there appears to be quite a lot of very specific stuff in there which I can't see their lawyers passing if it wasn't true.

So Lennon's a dirty dog who's not above threatening his knock-off, is he?

Nice.

I've got absolutely no time for anybody who does that sort of thing, but then again, I'm biased because I've been the naive prick who was oblivious to his partner playing away in the past and I know how painful it can be.

As others have already said, nobody comes out of this sorry mess with any credit (quite fitting for a story on a Bolton forum, eh?) and it may well be the final nail in Lennon's coffin.

And for the record, it has coloured my view of him as a man and I'm no longer sure I want him managing us.

It's a bit like Diouf.

He was (and probably remains) a contemptible douche and I never really felt comfortable celebrating when he scored for us.

I appreciate that we don't really have a clue what goes on in these people's lives and they could all be at if for all we know but when specific things do come to light, it does make supporting them harder.

So on balance, yeah....pack your stuff, Neil, and fuck off.

:agree: i was starting to think i was the only one who thought it so thanks unc

15Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks pretty shabby. Time to go Neil.

16Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:51

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

KillerGorilla wrote:Don't believe everything you read this could be a two bit tramp looking for a payday, two sides to every story and all that! Still bad news though and I can see him resigning to be fair

+1
It's probably Nat attention seeking?
Although I heard about another little indiscretion last Friday which is casting doubt on my previous thoughts about him being the only sane person up there.

17Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:53

doffcocker wrote:Nothing surprises me about this at all, in fact I remember reading an article from when he was at Celtic where some other tart was telling of a similar sequence of events.

Bit of a difference between kicking bottles on the sidelines, yelling at a ref, getting sent to the stands and being threatening to women and shagging everything in sight. I've no time for this type of person.

18Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 12:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The football world lives in a different bubble to the rest of us.

The money, the 'lads' world they live in and the protection they are given from the club / agent/ fans / etc, simply sets them apart from the rest of most of us.

I'm sure there are plenty decent young men who are professional footballers but I suspect there are more than most who think they can get away with whatever they want because they have become 'untouchable'.

As long as people continue to place football and footballers as their 'God' they will too!

19Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 13:45

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Now I really am jealous! My best mate buggered off with my girlfriend of five years. Blonde blue eyes and a joy to be with. I really miss him.  Twisted Evil

20Managers morals Empty Re: Managers morals Sun Dec 20 2015, 13:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Although I don't agree with his behaviour, if its true, I had the misfortune of reading two full pages and some not-too-strong points being repeated over and over.
Whereas he has trouble keeping it in his trousers, he never actually held a knife, and only intimated that somebody 'could'. The lady in question has only gone to the press because she was being cheated on, even though she was doing the same to his wife. She isn't as innocent as she would have us all believe.
Its all a bit sleazy, and I believe blown up out of all proportion. In fact, I don't know if I can be bothered with any more details. Who knows, now that its in the open, NL might settle down, and do what he's paid to do, only better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum