Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Managers morals

+19
wessy
Cajunboy
Moses Gate
Norpig
scottjames30
gloswhite
Bollotom2014
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
Sluffy
FullofSprite
doffcocker
okocha
Jingizu99
KillerGorilla
wanderlust
JAH
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In an information-driven world where "news" is a commodity and there can never be enough of it, smoke can be generated from the twist of a word and there is often no fire. All that's needed is a bit of smoke, a couple of mirrors and an audience with an agenda.
In this case, there is no doubt that Lennon was playing away so he's a rat. There is some doubt of the veracity of the woman's account though, and I reckon she has spun it to maximise the money she will undoubtedly be paid.
However, the "no smoke without fire" negativity that has been largely adopted by our broader society will probably ensure that Lennon's fledgling media career will be nipped in the bud.
Maybe now he'll concentrate on the football as several posters on here have suggested he should.

62Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 12:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's interesting to see that The Bolton News have completely removed the Lennon knife threat story from their site. When I went to bed last it was the lead story on their homepage.

63Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 12:29

It's back now.

I think it disappeared briefly when someone in the comments accused them of double standards because it seems they're happy to wash Lennon's dirty linen in public but they're remaining tight-lipped on Gartside's alleged "grave illness", citing his right to privacy as the reason for not actually telling us what's supposedly wrong with him.

64Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 12:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:It's back now.

I think it disappeared briefly when someone in the comments accused them of double standards because it seems they're happy to wash Lennon's dirty linen in public but they're remaining tight-lipped on Gartside's alleged "grave illness", citing his right to privacy as the reason for not actually telling us what's supposedly wrong with him.

Its a bloody good point.

65Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 13:12

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I have no time for me who hit women or threaten to do so. However, I have some serious doubts in my mind as to the veracity of this woman's claims. Yes, I believe Neil is an arse who cheats on women but a lot of men do that (and more than a few women cheat on their men too). I find it odd to say the least that GMP told this woman they would not be pursuing the case, it strikes me that they must have felt there wasn't enough evidence to do so. "Kim" strikes me as rather bitter and frankly I have no sympathy for her or Neil. They played with fire and both got burned. Neil's partner is the victim here and any woman or man who willingly goes to be with someone they know to be in a relationship is (imo) morally wrong. If you're that unhappy with your current partner that you need to look elsewhere for sex/affection/whatever then get out of that relationship and start afresh with a clean slate and clean conscience.

There are too many ambiguities in this story for me to believe it all and frankly Neil's been a plank for cheating on his missus at all let alone so many times. This is grounds for divorce or ending the relationship but I don't see that it's relevant to his job here. If it gets proven he DID threaten to stab this woman then that would be different but given the Mirror's rather tenuous relationship with the truth (something they share with pretty much every newspaper now) I'm not taking their word for it or the word of a woman who clearly stands to make financial gain with a "kiss and tell". 

In my opinion as things stand this is not football related and therefore not relevant to his position as a football manager.

66Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 14:20

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Personally I have no time for me who hit women or threaten to do so. However, I have some serious doubts in my mind as to the veracity of this woman's claims. Yes, I believe Neil is an arse who cheats on women but a lot of men do that (and more than a few women cheat on their men too). I find it odd to say the least that GMP told this woman they would not be pursuing the case, it strikes me that they must have felt there wasn't enough evidence to do so. "Kim" strikes me as rather bitter and frankly I have no sympathy for her or Neil. They played with fire and both got burned. Neil's partner is the victim here and any woman or man who willingly goes to be with someone they know to be in a relationship is (imo) morally wrong. If you're that unhappy with your current partner that you need to look elsewhere for sex/affection/whatever then get out of that relationship and start afresh with a clean slate and clean conscience.

There are too many ambiguities in this story for me to believe it all and frankly Neil's been a plank for cheating on his missus at all let alone so many times. This is grounds for divorce or ending the relationship but I don't see that it's relevant to his job here. If it gets proven he DID threaten to stab this woman then that would be different but given the Mirror's rather tenuous relationship with the truth (something they share with pretty much every newspaper now) I'm not taking their word for it or the word of a woman who clearly stands to make financial gain with a "kiss and tell". 

In my opinion as things stand this is not football related and therefore not relevant to his position as a football manager.
Think that's why the club are "investigating it". They will probably fine Lennon 2 months wages (bringing club into disrepute) - what do you know he hasn't had anyway.

Mirror supposedly have the taped conversation, so lawyers will be listening to that intently.

67Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Personally I have no time for me who hit women or threaten to do so. However, I have some serious doubts in my mind as to the veracity of this woman's claims. Yes, I believe Neil is an arse who cheats on women but a lot of men do that (and more than a few women cheat on their men too). I find it odd to say the least that GMP told this woman they would not be pursuing the case, it strikes me that they must have felt there wasn't enough evidence to do so. "Kim" strikes me as rather bitter and frankly I have no sympathy for her or Neil. They played with fire and both got burned. Neil's partner is the victim here and any woman or man who willingly goes to be with someone they know to be in a relationship is (imo) morally wrong. If you're that unhappy with your current partner that you need to look elsewhere for sex/affection/whatever then get out of that relationship and start afresh with a clean slate and clean conscience.

Think that's why the club are "investigating it". They will probably fine Lennon 2 months wages (bringing club into disrepute) - what do you know he hasn't had anyway.

Mirror supposedly have the taped conversation, so lawyers will be listening to that intently.
Wasn't the conversation they taped the one in which NL was denying or more accurately clarifying what he'd originally said about the knife? 

There isn't a recording of the alleged threat itself as far as I understand it - just NLs response when she was fishing - presumably having called him from the editor's office.

68Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 14:58

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:

Wasn't the conversation they taped the one in which NL was denying or more accurately clarifying what he'd originally said about the knife? 

There isn't a recording of the alleged threat itself as far as I understand it - just NLs response when she was fishing - presumably having called him from the editor's office.
That's the one - arguable as to whether 'I said someone could stab you' is threat enough.

However if he has charged BWFC expenses for this shenanigans they might sack for that.

Still think he will get a club fine and the matter will be closed. Having launched an investigation doubt Lennie will escape scot free. Meaning he will be issued with a warning about his future conduct and a possible fine.

Fact that club left it so late in the day to make a statement suggests they're not overly arsed about it.

69Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 14:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This discussion mirrors that of the potential takeover. It's a he said/she said argument based on rumours and speculation -Just like the antics of the consortia taking us over.
I'm sick to the back teeth of all of it. You know the line from the Christmas carol: Snow had fallen, snow on snow?
Well for us its slightly different .
It's more like Shit had fallen, shit on shit.
The whole affair has simply made me indifferent as to what happens to Lennon and who owns or doesn't own the club.

Bollocks to all of it. It all simply stinks
How can a once proud and successful club fall so low?

70Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 15:05

rammywhite wrote:
The whole affair has simply made me indifferent as to what happens to Lennon and who owns or doesn't own the club.

Don't be too surprised if you start receiving visits in the middle of the night from BWFC-themed ghosts soon, Ebenezer.

Very Happy

71Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Mon 21 Dec - 15:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Don't be too surprised if you start receiving visits in the middle of the night from BWFC-themed ghosts soon, Ebenezer.

Very Happy

Those bastards have been haunting me for years already!!

72Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Tue 22 Dec - 17:12

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Investigation concluded and no further comment on the matter.

Probably decided it was mostly crap and fined Lennon and warned him of his future conduct

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

73Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Tue 22 Dec - 17:51

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

FullofSprite wrote:Investigation concluded and no further comment on the matter.

Probably decided it was mostly crap and fined Lennon and warned him of his future conduct

They fined him money that they didn't pay him last month?  It was a very thorough investigation though!

74Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Wed 23 Dec - 8:47

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

observer wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:Investigation concluded and no further comment on the matter.

They fined him money that they didn't pay him last month?  It was a very thorough investigation though!
Fined him last months wages - Oh we didn't pay you them, that's alright - we don't need to pay you them now - simples

75Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Wed 23 Dec - 9:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How's that work? You fine somebody you've not paid?

76Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Wed 23 Dec - 12:45

No sign of Lennon at today's press conference, instead they wheel out Walford who duly offers an apology on his behalf for what he's done.

Shitbag.

Even less respect for the knob now.

77Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Wed 23 Dec - 12:50

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Breadman wrote:

Even less respect for the knob now.

I'm sure he's gutted

78Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Wed 23 Dec - 12:56

I don't really care if he is or not.

But that's not why I posted the comment.

This is a football forum and it's a place for Bolton fans to discuss their thoughts and opinions on current events surrounding the club.

It's not meant as a direct messaging facility for contacting the manager.

You know.....for someone with over 20,000 posts on here, you're still a bit thick when it comes to this whole forum business, aren't you?

And you're one of the founders of the damned thing......

79Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Wed 23 Dec - 13:12

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Calm down its Christmas

80Managers morals - Page 4 Empty Re: Managers morals Wed 23 Dec - 13:22

If it truly is xmas BOGGERS then stop being a fucking bellend and ruining the forum with thia childish bullshit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum