Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We can't keep on blaming the managers.

+11
Keegan
MartinBWFC
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
wanderlust
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:57 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about time the chairman stood up to the music .

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I disagree. Successive managers have not got the best out of what are thought to be decent enough players at this level. It was reported that Dougie "read the riot act" after the Blackburn game and with good reason.
The problem seems to be the dynamic between the manager and players and having watched some of the individual performances, I'm inclined to think that our failure to get results so far is partially due to the system but mainly due to players not pulling their weight.
Sure we could improve the quality of the playing staff, but whoever pulls on the shirt should be fighting for their place and fighting for the team - and some don't appear to be doing so.
TBH I can accept our financial position if the players we do have play to the best of their ability and show commitment to the cause.
For me. most of the problem lies with the attitude of some players, and to a lesser extent with the manager.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the problem for me is not the manager, its the players who are on big money here and don't want to move on because they won't get the same wages anywhere else. They are just coasting and not putting the effort in.
Dougie can read the riot act but with the sqaud as it is, nothing much will change for the Leeds game

4We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:10 am

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Apart from sacking Dougie i'm not sure what else Gartside can do, the players signed over the summer are obviously dougies targets and gartside and the board have backed him to a certain extent so far by bringing in the likes of Spearing and Baptiste on high wages.

The buck stops and always will stop with the manager, he obviously isn't getting the best out of the players but I can guarantee if you give this set of players to Big sam we wouldn't be sitting at the foot of the table.

5We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully Dougie will back up his strong words after the Blackburn match with strong actions when it comes to team selection. However I reckon some of the players have got him over a barrel and won't mind if they don't play providing they still get paid.

6We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Hopefully Dougie will back up his strong words after the Blackburn match with strong actions when it comes to team selection.
I'm willing to bet my new fanny that Zat Knight is captain for the Leeds game.

7We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:53 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop going on about your fanny. It's an old and tired joke in every sense.

8We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Stop going on about your fanny. It's an old and tired joke in every sense.
No need for insults.

9We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Norpig wrote:the problem for me is not the manager, its the players who are on big money here and don't want to move on because they won't get the same wages anywhere else. They are just coasting and not putting the effort in.
I agree to an extent. I don't think the attitude of the squad has been good enough for a long time, lacking passion and desire. It's of course down to the manager to sort that, but he's hamstrung by the lack of funds and the fact he can't shift the shite that we have. The squad needs refreshing to be fair but unless results pick up on the pitch we'll struggle to attract the right type of player.

10We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If we're getting nothing out of the first team players, then it's up to the manager to either ship them out, and/or bring in the youngsters, because we aren't going to win anything the way we are

11We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In answer to the title, we can, and we will.

12We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:55 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Freedman is fired at Christmas and Gartside hires in Ronnie Moore and he loses his last three games in charge, we'll all be chanting Moore out again won't we.

It never goes above the manager does it, the problem could be further up the root.

13We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:06 pm

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If I was Freedman I would pick 11 players that want to play even if they aren't the most most talented, this league is tough and it is competitive but hard work and organisation go a long way to getting the points and performances needed to move up the league. If we send out a team against Leeds with some fire in their bellies, that gets in their faces and looks to take the game to them then the fans will get behind them, one performance like that might be all it takes to get us going. Roll over and the atmosphere will get toxic.

14We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would love to see 11 young lads out there busting a gut even if they lost quite honestly.

but the pressures of modern football mean no manager in their right mind would do that, should they want to keep their job. Or, of course, if they have some supremely talented young players, which we clearly don't.

15We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:20 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll back off Leeds and Leeds will bang a couple in, it'll be like a home game for them , 5000 fans going mental.

hopefully we get an early goal to shut them all up.

I think we'll get beat though, we've just not got it in us.

16We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:22 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I honestly think things will start turning around against Leeds, I have seen a couple of their matches this season and they are far from world beaters at this level, Mcdermot is a decent manager but it's an average set of players at best.

17We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:45 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds are a decent side - pretty average for this division, but have some young talent, are better organised and less suicidal defensively than us and have a few good players like McCormack and Varney.
Get real - this will be a tough challenge.
If Dougie turns our team around in time for this match - and there's a lot to do in all departments - he'll have done a great job.

18We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41 am

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Get real? I know it's not going to be a walk in the park but if you look at the fixtures so far you can't deny this looks the ''easier'' of the lot, with us being at home aswell.

Though as you say they probably don't have a suicidal defence like we do at present, everytime I see Blackburns first goal from Saturday it looks worse. Shocked 

19We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:35 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When does the loan deal window open?

20We can't keep on blaming the managers. Empty Re: We can't keep on blaming the managers. Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:32 am

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If I remember correctly it's either next monday or tuesday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum