Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We can't keep on blaming the managers.

+11
Keegan
MartinBWFC
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
wanderlust
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:1874 you are hopeless. If you can't see what's in front of you then it's your problem. I have no vendetta against him I just know he's shit, he proves it more every week. Anyway never mind that you just work on getting your excuses right for us being stuffed by Leeds next week when it will be only 6 games!! How many will it take before you wake up?
I don't care if we get stuffed by Leeds or not if there are signs of improvement. I don't get the point of doing the same shit on the pitch over and over again. If Dougie tries something different and it doesn't work that's fine by me because at least he'll be trying and it tells me that he's not flogging a dead horse.
If we do get the same shit system but the players work their nads off and we do OK - great - it means Dougie's motivating the squad and there's some hope for the system.
The only scenario that would concern me would be if we play the same system, the players don't turn up and we get stuffed. In that case, I would want to see some serious rethinking.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
I find your observations a tad premature. I agree, we have had a terrible start to this campaign but chopping and changing managers so early in the season is not the right approach. Wolves and Blackburn tried it without much success.

It's too easy to blame the manager when some of our experienced players are the ones who need to stand up and be counted.
Rovers sacked Keane when they were 3rd in the Championship. That was stupid - no one would be after Freedman's resignation if we were 3rd.

They sacked Appleton & Berg after a disastrous run of results put them in or around the bottom 3. They put Bowyer in charge and he kept them up and while I'm not saying they're going to win the league, they are clearly a far superior team to us this season.

So actually, sacking managers often does work.

To be honest, considering we couldn't afford to sign Ramage on loan I seriously doubt we could afford to sack Dougie and his entire backroom staff then bring in a new group.

So like it or not, I'd imagine we're stuck with Dougie for a while yet Very Happy

Whitesince63 wrote:I have no vendetta against him I just know he's shit, he proves it more every week. 
But our run last season proved he was just lucky? It's a laughable view to take Whites. As I've said some of your points are justified but the majority are over the top criticisms based on nothing but the fact you don't like Dougie. ie putting our form last season down to luck and giving him zero credit. 

I'm looking forward to the Leeds game, I think there will be changes and an improvement. As Wanderlust says, if there's not then we need to do some serious thinking. Dougie will lose a lot of credibility in my eyes if he sticks with the same personnel given what he said after Blackburn. He's made brave decisions before though and I expect him to again.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry 1874 I must have missed these brave decisions please enlighten me what they were? He was stupid to make derisory comments after the Rovers game he's now backed himself into a corner where he has to be seen to make changes because he said he would. A good manager would have made no comments immediately after the game and let his rage die down first. He jumped in with both feet telling us he was going to make changes in the window. Remind me what changes did he make? Now he's left with the same players after calling them shite. Very intelligent. Sorry the guys just a joke for me and the sooner he's gone the better.

Fans on here have been wanting him to make 'derisory' comments for weeks, he can't please everyone but I think a lot were happy with what he said.

Let's make it clear though, he didn't name and shame any players directly - 

“I spoke some very truthful words to the players in there, I told them exactly what is needed and it is not on their terms anymore.

“I have got to make sure it is on the fans’ terms and make sure they have a team to be proud of. A team that will at least give you that urgency which I thought was missing today.”

“In the end the individual mistakes are unforgiveable. And it is happening too many times. Too many mistakes at Forest in the first five minutes of the game. Today, you are never going to win a game of football like that.”
I don't have a problem with any of that, it's accurate. He certainly hasn't called any 'shite' or said anything about shipping players out.

As for the decisions he's made he got rid of a club legend, much to some fans anger, after about 6 months in the job because he correctly felt he wasn't offering enough anymore.

He also made a big decision in the wake of Holden's injury to sacrifice Sordell and bring in Moritz for creativity. We're waiting to see how successful that is, but it's still a big decision.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have to laugh, when he didn't slate the players in public he was a "liar"

when he does he should have "let his rage die down"

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently MB has seen Knight and Freedman playing ten pin bowling in the north east, signs are looking good for Knight being in the team.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hippy you are such a dickhead. Read what people post if you're going to comment on it and then at least it may be accurate.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No need to get personal.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anybody still think we shouldn't be blaming the manager? Oh but of course he did take us on a stellar run last season I nearly forgot. That was before he got his own players in though so of course he's not to blame at all for the poor performance this year is he?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The manager shouldn't of been appointed in the first place, I blame the chairman.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When BSA left we were 5th in the PL and pushing for a Champions League spot. At that time we could have appointed a top quality, proven manager, even a young one like Swansea Norwich, Aston Villa and Liverpool have when their Managers left but instead we went for LSL, Megson, Coyle and Freedman, not one of them remotely as talented. In fact the only similarity is age. Gartslime tried to do it on the cheap, just like he's encouraged his managers to do with players, who have gradually been whittled down in quality successively with each less competent manager. Not their fault they weren't up to it and all down to Gartside for his unambitious and uneducated appointments. Both should go immediately and certainly on Tuesday when we lose to Derby. I could feel some sympathy for Freedman being promoted beyond his capabilities if he wasn't such an obnoxious, conceited and insincere individual but given that he sooner he's gone the better for me.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I blame Scott for not going, burn him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum