Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We can't keep on blaming the managers.

+11
Keegan
MartinBWFC
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
wanderlust
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:If I remember correctly it's either next monday or tuesday.
So that theoretically means there's time to get in loanees and have a couple of days training with the squad before the next match?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Stop going on about your fanny. It's an old and tired joke in every sense.
No need for insults.
No need to reference your fanny or your "long-haired pussy" or anything other synonym for your bits at every opportunity in the first place. I understand that as a virgin you are obsessed with it, but do you really have to shove it in my face all the time?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Indeed WL, act is tiresome.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Stop going on about your fanny. It's an old and tired joke in every sense.
No need for insults.
No need to reference your fanny or your "long-haired pussy" or anything other synonym for your bits at every opportunity in the first place. I understand that as a virgin you are obsessed with it, but do you really have to shove it in my face all the time?

Very Happy it's called attention seeking!!
It's like fantasising about what job you have and what school you went to and who the twopence halfpenny footballer is that is helping preserve your virginity (albeit second time around, whilst at the same time banging somebody else into the mattress), bullshit in other words, and long may it entertain us!!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Hopefully Dougie will back up his strong words after the Blackburn match with strong actions when it comes to team selection.
I'm willing to bet my new fanny that Zat Knight is captain for the Leeds game.
I'd take that bet, but it's a bet I would'nt want to win!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
No need for insults.
No need to reference your ... "long-haired pussy" ... do you really have to shove it in my face all the time?
Get a room, you two. Suspect

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
No need for insults.
No need to reference your ... "long-haired pussy" ... do you really have to shove it in my face all the time?
Get a room, you two. Suspect
Dubious editing, but seeing as you've made a point I would suggest it would have to be a very large room to accommodate our egos.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Yeah, there's that. I think the players have very little, if any, professional pride. It doesn't matter to them that a game against Blackburn is a derby and carries a lot of weight with the supporters. They couldn't care less about the shirt - as long they get that money at the end of the week, everything is great.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Some things are out of Doguie's hands having only been at the club for 9 months, but his selections, tactics and substitutions being crap means he is considerably culpable for the start we've made.

Can we keep blaming managers? Yes. They all, even the best, make badly reasoned decisions and should be criticised accordingly.

Can we keep sacking managers? No. We couldn't afford to be that sort of club, even if it was the answer.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We missed out on the play offs last season by 1 point. When Dougie took over we were in deep shit and that's why the board sacked Coyle.

I would rather have Dougie than Sammy Lee, Megson or Coyle.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:We missed out on the play offs last season by 1 point. When Dougie took over we were in deep shit and that's why the board sacked Coyle.

I would rather have Dougie than Sammy Lee, Megson or Coyle.
We only got relegated by the narrowest of margins too and many a ref would have disallowed Walters "goal" for barging the goalie. I know it's been a tough road for the last couple of years, but despite our shortcomings on the park, in reality we have been incredibly close to succeeding.
Maybe we're cursed? It's like the season we were relegated due to a bad goal line decision against Everton. We always seem to be on the wrong side of the 50-50s.

I actually think Coyle would have eventually succeeded but he was let down by his stubbornness in sticking to a plan week in week out that he didn't have the players to execute. A little bit more flexibility in his thinking and it could have been a different story, but he was one stubborn f*****. Admire people who stick to their guns, but rationale has to come into it somewhere along the way. Maybe Coyle has learned from that experience and will be a better manager for it in the future.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I actually think Coyle would have eventually succeeded but he was let down by his stubbornness in sticking to a plan week in week out that he didn't have the players to execute.
He was let down by his ability to buy absolutely shite players for big money.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I would replace stubborn with clueless

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The blame should sit fairly where it lies and that is unarguably with Freedman. He signs the team, trains the team and picks the team. The tactics, substitutes and everything else are down to him how can he not be to blame. He obviously has no rapport with the players who look unhappy and disaffected as soon as they walk onto the pitch. He's completely lost the dressing room IMHO and I even think there is dislike between the players. At least OC could handle players though in other areas he was inept. DF has no redeeming qualities just conceited and inexperienced and needs to go, the sooner the better and surely it's only Gartside's pride and inability to admit he got it wrong that's keeping him here. Get rid of both now otherwise it's downhill all the way.

Whitesince63 wrote:The blame should sit fairly where it lies and that is unarguably with Freedman. He signs the team, trains the team and picks the team. The tactics, substitutes and everything else are down to him how can he not be to blame. He obviously has no rapport with the players who look unhappy and disaffected as soon as they walk onto the pitch. He's completely lost the dressing room IMHO and I even think there is dislike between the players. At least OC could handle players though in other areas he was inept. DF has no redeeming qualities just conceited and inexperienced and needs to go, the sooner the better and surely it's only Gartside's pride and inability to admit he got it wrong that's keeping him here. Get rid of both now otherwise it's downhill all the way.
Fair enough, although I think we should give a manager longer than 5 games before we write him off.

Going off this though, I assume you give Freedman full credit for getting us up the league and putting together that great run last season? As, 'He signs the team, trains the team and picks the team. The tactics, substitutes and everything else are down to him'

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not 5 games 1874 nearly a full year and yes I do give him full credit for the shite we all had to put up with last season and bringing us more luck than I've ever seen one team have. Please don't be blinded by the league position last year it was all built on sand surely to goodness you could see that. We've become a laughing stock and conceded more goals than anyone but Barnsley due to his ridiculous obsession with keeping Knight in the side. All through the pre season when we couldn't even score against bloody minnows it should have told you what was coming but no super optimists like you still want to give him more time and try to convince yourselves it's only 5 games. It's not, he's had nearly a year, two windows, one of the best squads in the Championship and we still can't look a side. For God's sake what is wrong with you people? We made a mistake so don't just accept it do something about it because it sure as hell won't improve until someone does.

So last season's great run was based on luck. But the 5 games this season are all based upon Freedman being 'fucking shit'.

Honestly I think the main issue you have with Dougie is that you'd never heard of him before he took over here, had it been Jimmy Phillips you'd be more willing to excuse shortcomings. 

Turning on a manager after 5 games is really poor, but you clearly have a vendetta against him for whatever reason. Who are your suggestions for a replacement?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

1874 you are hopeless. If you can't see what's in front of you then it's your problem. I have no vendetta against him I just know he's shit, he proves it more every week. Anyway never mind that you just work on getting your excuses right for us being stuffed by Leeds next week when it will be only 6 games!! How many will it take before you wake up?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Not 5 games 1874 nearly a full year and yes I do give him full credit for the shite we all had to put up with last season and bringing us more luck than I've ever seen one team have. Please don't be blinded by the league position last year it was all built on sand surely to goodness you could see that. We've become a laughing stock and conceded more goals than anyone but Barnsley due to his ridiculous obsession with keeping Knight in the side. All through the pre season when we couldn't even score against bloody minnows it should have told you what was coming but no super optimists like you still want to give him more time and try to convince yourselves it's only 5 games. It's not, he's had nearly a year, two windows, one of the best squads in the Championship and we still can't look a side. For God's sake what is wrong with you people? We made a mistake so don't just accept it do something about it because it sure as hell won't improve until someone does.
I find your observations a tad premature. I agree, we have had a terrible start to this campaign but chopping and changing managers so early in the season is not the right approach. Wolves and Blackburn tried it without much success.

It's too easy to blame the manager when some of our experienced players are the ones who need to stand up and be counted.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But Blackburn beat us last week so thats a cut and dry case, chopping and changing managers works.

(or so some would say)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum