Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pie or Pasty?

+9
boltonbonce
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pie or Pasty?

Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% [ 7 ]
Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 21:59

karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:By the way I prefer pies.  Used to love a good greenhalghs meat and potatoe, they had a bit if spiciness if I remember correctly.
Maybe they put more pepper in than others?

I've been round their factory in Horwich and believe me, I wouldn't even feed them to my dog after seeing it.....
Is it really that bad?

I do have one question you might be able to help me with!

Coming off St Peter's Way joining the M61 sometimes I smell pies (The meat variety), do you know who the culprit is?
Peter Hunt's have a pie factory in Kearsley not far from the roundabout, so it may be that.

BTID,

How long ago are you talking ?

I did a four month contract job at the Horwich bakery about five years ago and it was a dirty shit-hole full of Polish guys earning £6 an hour on permanent nights who consequently didn't give a fuck.

As you probably remember, the Meat & Potato pie mix gets made in enormous steel vats which are supposed to be cleaned and sanitised every so often.

They're not.

I saw enough in that four months to put me off for life.

It's all about maximising profits for the Greenhalgh family.

I've been in lots of food factories over the last twenty years and that one was by far the dirtiest by a mile.

22Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having read Breadman's expose I am toying with the idea of giving the Greenhalgh chain the swerve. The Carrs Bakery on Manchester Road seems traditional with all the staff being local lasses and not a Pole in sight.

23Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Aussies do what they call a 'pie floater' sounds a bit off but they're delicious. I had the veggie version.http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pie-Floater

24Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Park Cakes up Daubhill? was fined a few bob around 6 months ago for having dirty machinery, it was in the Bolton  News.

25Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:46

Reebok Trotter wrote:Having read Breadman's expose I am toying with the idea of giving the Greenhalgh chain the swerve. The Carrs Bakery on Manchester Road seems traditional with all the staff being local lasses and not a Pole in sight.

I went in to Greenhalgh's with a remit to implement some continuous improvement stuff to make them more efficient.

It was supposed to be a twelve month thing but after four months of watching frankly disgraceful practices, I had a meeting with the owner and he said "So, where are we, then?"

I suggested he invest in his people a bit more, employ a hygiene manager, stop storing his raw materials where the local wild-life could get at 'em, implement a basic food hygiene training schedule for his staff and generally start playing by the same rules that everybody else in the food industry did.

And he couldn't get me out quick enough.....

But he's still making money, so what do I know.....

26Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Having read Breadman's expose I am toying with the idea of giving the Greenhalgh chain the swerve. The Carrs Bakery on Manchester Road seems traditional with all the staff being local lasses and not a Pole in sight.

I went in to Greenhalgh's with a remit to implement some continuous improvement stuff to make them more efficient.

It was supposed to be a twelve month thing but after four months of watching frankly disgraceful practices, I had a meeting with the owner and he said "So, where are we, then?"

I suggested he invest in his people a bit more, employ a hygiene manager, stop storing his raw materials where the local wild-life could get at 'em, implement a basic food hygiene training schedule for his staff and generally start playing by the same rules that everybody else in the food industry did.

And he couldn't get me out quick enough.....

But he's still making money, so what do I know.....
So is this your company you work for Breadman? Smile

27Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:51

Not really a company, KP, it's just me.

The wife's the Company Secretary but that's just a tax fiddle.

I like it.

And it pays ok.

28Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:54

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:

If that is true (which I doubt) then it will be sorted out now.

The Food Standards Agency take things very seriously.

I presume that you told someone about it at the time, you know before exclusively announcing it on here.  Rolling Eyes 

29Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 22:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was 16 so we are talking 17 years ago. There were no foreigners back then.

30Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:04

Copper Dragon wrote:
Breadman wrote:

If that is true (which I doubt) then it will be sorted out now.

The Food Standards Agency take things very seriously.

I presume that you told someone about it at the time, you know before exclusively announcing it on here.  Rolling Eyes 

I take it you're an expert on these matters then, are you Cop?

The FSA very rarely gets involved in these things unless someone dies.

It's the local authority's responsibility to deal with this type of thing.

But being an expert, you know that already, don't you....? 

And no, I didn't make a big fuss at the time, because I'm a one man band and can't afford to make waves.

It's bad for business.

But again,  being an expert, you know this already, don't you?

31Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was going to say that when I stupidly ate Allen's fried chicken from a certain Bolton takeaway, the FSA didn't seem to give a shit when I had food poisoning and after looking at the hygeine rating they had a number 1 Shocked 

I will be using this service for future food purchases!

32Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:

And no, I didn't make a big fuss at the time, because I'm a one man band and can't afford to make waves.

It's bad for business.

All it takes is a phone call.

If that makes me an expert, then yes I am an expert.

33Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:20

Hmmm.....let me think.

He's got my name and my company name.

We have a frank discussion about how dirty his factory is and he fucks me off.

Two days later he gets a visit from the council inspectors and get's a big fine.

What do you think he's going to tell his mates in the food industry about me at the next trade fair he attends or round of golf with the guys from the Rotary Club....?

Come on, keep up.

34Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know where your coming from Breadders Smile

35Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:29

Cheers KP.

That's because you're from Bolton and haven't been subjected to generations of in-breeding which have reduced you mental faculties.

Unlike our friend from "Up in't T'hills"..........

36Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:That's because you're from Bolton and haven't been subjected to generations of in-breeding which have reduced you mental faculties.

I'm sure the good people of burnley think exactly the opposite...

37Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:34

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Grow some you soft shite.

You (apparently) witnessed 'disgraceful practices' and 'wildlife' getting at the products.

You did nothing knowing that the products were going to fellow Bolton folk and people beyond.

Let me tell you that you could have made that call and pretended to be an (anonymous) employee, yes I have done it.

Shame on you.

38Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:39

Serious question now, Cop:

Are you married?

I'm only asking because my wife will just about put up with me sitting here, late at night posting on a Bolton forum because she knows I'm a Bolton fan.

If I packed her off to bed and sat here 'til the wee small hours posting on a Burnley forum, she'd be asking me some serious questions about our relationship....

Along the lines of: "You don't support them, so why would you want to sit there posting comments when you could be in bed with me?"

Or is your bird just dead fat and ugly?

If so, I understand.....

39Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another one added to the long list of bullshitters who can't hack it.

My work is done.

40Pie or Pasty? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pie or Pasty? Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum