Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Alan Hutton Loan Complete

+18
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Barryjw
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
Copper Dragon
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1OFFICIAL - Alan Hutton Loan Complete Empty OFFICIAL - Alan Hutton Loan Complete Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Set to sign for us on loan apparently. In time for Saturdays game too.. Thoughts?

The one who plays RIGHT back for Villa or someone else?

Just what we need.........

We don't need a LEFT back, afterall.......

Last edited by Breadman on Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:35; edited 1 time in total

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's a right back, is it not left back thats the problem?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's a right back.

Not sure what the thinking is?

If he plays right back, does that mean Baptiste to left back and Ream and Wheater in the middle - bit of a slap in the face to Knight - who after all Freeman made the club captain at the start of the season.

Or if Hutton plays right back, keep Ream at left and pair Baptiste with Wheater?

Or play Hutton right, Baptiste left, bring in Knight with Wheater and play Ream in front of the back four - can't see that being the plan myself.

Or just have Hutton on the bench and replace Mills with Knight - sounds most likely what Freedman would do based on past experience.

Rumour is that he's on £40,000 per week at Villa!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aston Villa’s forgotten man Alan Hutton is in talks with Bolton about a deal for the rest of the season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Scotland right-back Hutton should [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Friday by joining Dougie Freedman’s Championship side on loan in time for Saturday's derby against Blackburn.

Hutton has been out ofthe Villans’[/url] plans for the whole campaign after returning in the summer from a successful stint on loan with Real Mallorca in Spain.

Now the 29-year-old is poised to help out Freedman, who wants an experienced player after losing Matt Mills and Darren Pratley this week.
The deal for Hutton was being finalised on Thursday night as the clubs sorted out how to split his £40,000-a-week salary between them.

Bolton definitely need the former Rangers and Spurs defender signed as they are down to the bare bones at the back and their squad overall is stretched by a spate of blows.

Pratley’s season could be over - because a screw snapped in an old shoulder injury. The midfielder ‘popped’ his shoulder at the weekend and hoped he would be fit to carry on but may now need an operation that will rule him out for months.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Aston Villa’s forgotten man Alan Hutton is in talks with Bolton about a deal for the rest of the season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Scotland right-back Hutton should [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Friday by joining Dougie Freedman’s Championship side on loan in time for Saturday's derby against Blackburn.

Hutton has been out ofthe Villans’[/url] plans for the whole campaign after returning in the summer from a successful stint on loan with Real Mallorca in Spain.

Now the 29-year-old is poised to help out Freedman, who wants an experienced player after losing Matt Mills and Darren Pratley this week.
The deal for Hutton was being finalised on Thursday night as the clubs sorted out how to split his £40,000-a-week salary between them.

Bolton definitely need the former Rangers and Spurs defender signed as they are down to the bare bones at the back and their squad overall is stretched by a spate of blows.

Pratley’s season could be over - because a screw snapped in an old shoulder injury. The midfielder ‘popped’ his shoulder at the weekend and hoped he would be fit to carry on but may now need an operation that will rule him out for months.

Tigermin will be devastated by the Pratley news.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would welcome him, he's probably better than what we have.

I remember when he played for Tottenham, he didn't look too shabby! Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we are paying even half his wages then it's a bad deal.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jesus wept  :facepalm: 

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From Villa's point of view if they could get any of the money back from his wages it'd be good for them.  We are not going to pay half, or at least I hope not.  £10k maybe.  I'm not sure what a reasonable wage at Championship level is.

Hutton is desperate to leave.  Paul Lambert wants rid as he is on too much money! As of the 20th Feb, no offers had been received.

Yeah, all well and good but he's a right back.

We need a left back.

If, as a professional football club, you're in desperate need of a left back you go out and scout and sign a left back.

You don't sit there and say "Yeah, he's a defender and he's played for a few Premier League clubs so he'll be ok at left back and if not, we'll sort it later."

That's mickey mouse stuff.

Sorry, but this whole failure to address our obvious need for a left back is making us look stupid now.

Are there really none available?

Or is our manager looking in the wrong places?

I know what I think.....

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a good player though, a cut above what we have now, it can only be good bringing him in.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This is a good signing imo. I know Hutton is a right back, but If we had brought in McNaughton, most posters on here would be over the moon. Hutton is a decent right back and he's also a very experienced one as well.

I'd imagine, Dougie will now shift Ream to partner Wheater in central defence and play Baptiste at left back. 

Personally, I don't think Baptiste is much better at right back than left back and Ream has been pretty decent at left back recently, so it's not a total disaster, that we haven't signed a genuine left back.

At least we have cover in most positions now at the back and I can't see us paying more than around 15K a week out of his 40K a week wages, which he apparently earns at Villa.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i wouldn't be unhappy with this, he is a decent player and is a proper right back unlike Baptiste who should really be playing at centre half.

It doesn't solve our left back problems but he is a decent player none the less

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hutton was excellent when he played for the Huns, marginally less so at Spurs but he's 29 now and his game was built on pace and power so I'm not sure what he'd be like these days. He was one I'd hoped we'd sign years ago but he went to Spuds for about £6.5 million as I remember.
I wouldn't worry too much about the salary as Dougie is a tightwad when it comes to transfers so we won't be paying over the odds if he comes in.
Better than McNaughton IMO. It'll be interesting to see what Dougie does with the back four if Hutton comes in.
Does this mean we've ended our interest in Dean Moxey?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Does this mean we've ended our interest in Dean Moxey?
I think so. Palace don't want to lose Moxey, as they want cover in the left back position, until the end of the season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
I think so. Palace don't want to lose Moxey, as they want cover in the left back position, until the end of the season.
Shame really. He's a solid LB.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to think he was quality at Rangers, regressed a fair bit at Villa. 

Lets hope he can kick on for a bit if he comes here. Wake up call for him for sure.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's played for Scotland but had to train with Villas youth team this season. The reason Lambert told him he won't play for Villa again is his ridiculous salary level. He's out of contract in the summer.
It's ironic that we're looking to reduce our wage bill but get in a player from a club that are trying to do the same thing.
There haven't been any takers for Hutton - probably because of the wages - and he did so well at Mallorca that they tried to sign him permanently but couldn't afford to.
Given Dougie's track record of refusing to pay a penny over the odds I have a feeling that this deal might collapse purely on the wages - unless Villa have finally given up on farming him out and are willing to accept something rather than keep him and get nothing.
Hopefully Villa will see sense and not ask too much.

Are Dougie and Paul Lambert mates? That could help.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
Shame really. He's a solid LB.

I heard discussions were going well until we discovered some money would have to change hands.

We offered them 80 quid, apparently they wanted more and the club considered this a 'ransom' demand...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum