Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So they can play together then?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So they can play together then? Empty So they can play together then? Sat Mar 08 2014, 21:44

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spearing and Medo.

But only in a midfield 4?

No good as holding midfielders together (which having two of is a nonsense in this league anyway)?

2So they can play together then? Empty Re: So they can play together then? Sat Mar 08 2014, 21:57

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:Spearing and Medo.

No good as holding midfielders together (which having two of is a nonsense in this league anyway)?

I thought Campo summed it up perfectly, the other day.

Against Watford and Rover's we didn't play 4-4-2,
We had no winger's, we played a midfield diamond with Spearing at the base
Medo on the right Mavies on the left and Danns at the top with Juke and Mason up front.
In attack it gives the full backs more chance to get forward and when we defend
we've got 3 decent tackler's on each side, Medo, Baptiste and Spearing on the right and Mavies, Ream and Spearing on the left.
Danns has the energy and skill to link midfield and attack and the front 2 have to work their balls of take advantage of forward movement and with a bit of luck, we should demolish Leeds 5-1!  Cool 

3So they can play together then? Empty Re: So they can play together then? Sat Mar 08 2014, 22:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:

Against Watford and Rover's we didn't play 4-4-2,
We had no winger's, we played a midfield diamond with Spearing at the base
Medo on the right Mavies on the left and Danns at the top with Juke and Mason up front.
we've got 3 decent tackler's on each side, Medo, Baptiste and Spearing on the right and Mavies, Ream and Spearing on the left.
Danns has the energy and skill to link midfield and attack and the front 2 have to work their balls of take advantage of forward movement and with a bit of luck, we should demolish Leeds 5-1!  Cool 
I suppose it depends on how you define 4-4-2. For me the diamond IS one as it has four defenders, four midfielders and two strikers. They may be flat, in a diamond, three behind with on in front or vice versa or even two flat banks of two in a square but it's still 4-4-2. 

I don't hold with calling it 4-1-2-1-2 because it's nonsense. The four midfielders operate as one unit not three little mini units.

4So they can play together then? Empty Re: So they can play together then? Mon Mar 10 2014, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[quote="luckyPeterpiper"]
Culcheth_White wrote:

Against Watford and Rover's we didn't play 4-4-2,We had no winger's, we played a midfield diamond with Spearing at the base
I suppose it depends on how you define 4-4-2. For me the diamond IS one as it has four defenders, four midfielders and two strikers. They may be flat, in a diamond, three behind with on in front or vice versa or even two flat banks of two in a square but it's still 4-4-2. 

I don't hold with calling it 4-1-2-1-2 because it's nonsense. The four midfielders operate as one unit not three little mini units.
That nicely sums up why using a numbering system to describe how a team is set up is fundamentally flawed and ultimately meaningless.

5So they can play together then? Empty Re: So they can play together then? Mon Mar 10 2014, 12:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is a simple game made complicated by experts.

6So they can play together then? Empty Re: So they can play together then? Mon Mar 10 2014, 12:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is a game made complicated by simple experts

7So they can play together then? Empty Re: So they can play together then? Mon Mar 10 2014, 12:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Football is a game made complicated by simple experts

That's a better one! Seriously though... Spearing has upped his game for the last three weeks and him and Medo do seem to be working better together.
Nevertheless... if Dougie just selected one of them to sit in front of the back four it would give us the option of playing Danns, Mark Davies and Moritz at the same time as well still retaining two up front. It's certainly worth consideration for the Yeovil game at least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum