Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+11
Keegan
gloswhite
wanderlust
jayjay23
Dunkels King
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would you want to know that?

There are two types of people in the world:

1) Those that iron their underpants/knickers

2) Those that throw caution to the wind and don't

I'm just interested to know which camp you fall into.

32Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It sort of depends how lazy I'm being when i get my laundry dry.

33Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have mine starched and pressed. Mmmm, I love 'em !

34Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 19:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You've got to love warm underpants.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

35Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon Apr 02 2012, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
* Ngog made Alonso's goal (still trying to get over Alonso scoring) and when we have other players around him he has the touch to be useful

Ngog created Alonso's goal because he missed a sitter himself. It's time to stop making excuses for this overpaid ponce and admit Liverpool sold us a 'Carroll'.
It could be argued was the context.

36Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 12:05

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't see why anybody should iron their underpants. There is no benefit. You want your underpants and contents to be rebellious and free.

With regards to Kevin Davies, he's going to have to do a lot more off the bench to justify a start I am afraid. It's all well and good looking at Ngog's scoring record, but if you compare it to Kevin Davies' scoring record over the course of his tenure as a first teamer, the ratio of goals to games will not be much different, and Davies took the penalties for years.

Up until around 18 months ago anyone suggesting Davies should be dropped because he doesn't score enough goals would actually have been laughed at.

Unfortunately Ngog does a similar job but he doesn't have the same service Davies got in his prime and he doesn't have the same calibre of players feeding off his scraps, so he is less effective at the moment.

Although we do need goals and results over the next 10 games, the good news is that Ngog is just turned 23, so if we do go down and have to sell, he has a decent resale value, unlike your typical Allardyce or Megson signing up front. Same with Sordell.

37Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

With regards to Kevin Davies, he's going to have to do a lot more off the bench to justify a start I am afraid. It's all well and good looking at Ngog's scoring record, but if you compare it to Kevin Davies' scoring record over the course of his tenure as a first teamer, the ratio of goals to games will not be much different, and Davies took the penalties for years.

So we should just ignore current form? Davies is on fire by his standards, 2 in 2. If Sordell had the same record there would be a Downing Street petition to make sure he played.

38Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You can't count half an hour of football spaced across 2 appearances as good form after such a terrible run in the first half of the season. If he wants to earn his place on form, stick him in the reserves and see how he gets on. He's not an option over 90 minutes for me. This is just my personal opinion. No flames, please.

39Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:You can't count half an hour of football spaced across 2 appearances as good form after such a terrible run in the first half of the season.

Of course you can. He was dropped, trained hard and now is back to his best. 2 in 2 proves that.

40Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How can you seriously think he is back to his best after two late sub appearances? At his best, he bullied every centre half in the country and was unplayable.

His first goal was a tap-in which he shinned in from close range, and did you see the attempted challenge by Roger Johnson for his second goal? Wolves' defence had collapsed. He's not been playing enough for either first team or reserves, he might not even be match fit, never mind back to his best.

Think we will have to agree to disagree on this one, Natara.

41Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:How can you seriously think he is back to his best after two late sub appearances?

How do you know he's not? He took his goal against Wolves like Lionel Messi.

42Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:04

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
How do you know he's not? He took his goal against Wolves like Lionel Messi.

I don't "know he's not", it's just my opinion.

But as the person agitating for change, the onus is on you to put together a convincing reason to bring him back into the team, all you've said so far is that he's scored 2 goals and likened him to Messi. So one step forward and one step back in your campaign.

43Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I don't "know he's not", it's just my opinion.

But as the person agitating for change, the onus is on you to put together a convincing reason to bring him back into the team, all you've said so far is that he's scored 2 goals and likened him to Messi. So one step forward and one step back in your campaign.

Surely you will agree Ngog looks as likely to score as Graham Norton would in that position. I don't know his exact record, but it must be something like 3 in 20 games. And I know you're now going to throw the "he works so hard" card at me, but I'd rather have some goals than someone working hard.

There are no guarantees, but Davies is scoring goals, we should give him the chance to continue.

** I should say I wouldn't pick him on Saturday

44Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The reason he had such a good impact against Wolves, IMO, was because he was used in the right way.

Impact off the bench for the last 15-20 minutes.

45Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha, you can't convince me that Kevin Davies is a goal machine with his goals to games return after watching him play for 8 seasons, just as you can't convince me he is in form after a season of diabolical performances based on his last 30 minutes of action.

As Hipster says, you want whoever isn't in the team to play. Are you still suggesting we should drop Adam Bogdan, or am I a week out of date with the Whittam master plan?

46Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Natasha, you can't convince me that Kevin Davies is a goal machine with his goals to games return after watching him play for 8 seasons, just as you can't convince me he is in form after a season of diabolical performances based on his last 30 minutes of action.

As Hipster says, you want whoever isn't in the team to play. Are you still suggesting we should drop Adam Bogdan, or am I a week out of date with the Whittam master plan?

As usualy you're going overboard with my comments. I didn't say Davies was a goal machine, simply that for him he was in good goalscoring form. And I notice you avoided my question about Ngog, do you admit he's useless?

47Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:27

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The reason he had such a good impact against Wolves, IMO, was because he was used in the right way.

Impact off the bench for the last 15-20 minutes.

The reason he had an impact is because Wolves are the worst team in the Premier League. Having said that, I would rather he did come on with 15 minutes left than get a full game at the moment. I think if he only gets 15 minutes he can increase his work rate rather than plodding for 90 minutes.

48Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets not forget Wolves battered us for 50 minutes.

They weren't playing like "the worst team in the league"

after the penalty Davies took a lot of the pressure off for us.

49Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
As usualy you're going overboard with my comments. I didn't say Davies was a goal machine, simply that for him he was in good goalscoring form. And I notice you avoided my question about Ngog, do you admit he's useless?

You didn't ask me a question about Ngog.

50Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, you're right. I did write it then had to go into a meeting and didn't post it. My apologies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum