Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Brighton

+17
Angry Dad
Sluffy
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Banks of the Croal
Tigermin
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Norpig
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 11:33

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another game against top half opposition, thing is we've shown well recently.

Will Freedman go back to his negativity, or will he go out to win?.

442= 3-1
451= 1-1

2Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he will go back to the formation that worked so well in the 3 games prior to last night, anything else would be crazy.

As stubborn as Dougie is even he wouldn't want to antagonise us like that would he?

3Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 13:26

We'll be back to 442, and I'll be the first to criticise if not. Being cautious at Derby made sense to me, at home to any team wouldn't. Big game anyway because we need to keep this unbeaten run going.

4Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 15:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:We'll be back to 442, and I'll be the first to criticise if not. Being cautious at Derby made sense to me, at home to any team wouldn't. Big game anyway because we need to keep this unbeaten run going.
This.

I hope.

Although having rested Mason, he may go for a Beckford/Mason partnership up front.

5Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 15:35

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

4-4-2 or whatever you want to call it and Mason and Wheater back in the team.

Bolton 2 Brighton 0

6Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 15:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:We'll be back to 442, and I'll be the first to criticise if not. Being cautious at Derby made sense to me, at home to any team wouldn't. Big game anyway because we need to keep this unbeaten run going.
This.

I hope.

Although having rested Mason, he may go for a Beckford/Mason partnership up front.

Why would he go for Beckford when the Juke is working so well with Mason?

7Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 15:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
This.

I hope.

He seems keen to rotate/rest players. I agree Juke SHOULD play but I won't be at all surprised if he doesn't. In fact I won't be surprised if we go 4-5-1 with Beckford alone because with Mason's loan up in a few days he probably will want to put Mason on the bench and give Jermaine some match time while we still have a backup if it doesn't work. Basically I'm feeling a bit pessimistic after last night, we had a team that should have been left alone but Dougie couldn't resist reverting to type and I fear that he'll stick with his preferred system after listening to him say how wonderfully it had worked against Derby. 

If I'm wrong (and I really hope I am) then I peg us for a 2 or 3 nil win. 

If I'm right I think we'll lose 1 or 2 nil.

8Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 19:07

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
This.

I hope.

He seems keen to rotate/rest players. I agree Juke SHOULD play but I won't be at all surprised if he doesn't. In fact I won't be surprised if we go 4-5-1 with Beckford alone because with Mason's loan up in a few days he probably will want to put Mason on the bench and give Jermaine some match time while we still have a backup if it doesn't work. Basically I'm feeling a bit pessimistic after last night, we had a team that should have been left alone but Dougie couldn't resist reverting to type and I fear that he'll stick with his preferred system after listening to him say how wonderfully it had worked against Derby. 

If I'm wrong (and I really hope I am) then I peg us for a 2 or 3 nil win. 

If I'm right I think we'll lose 1 or 2 nil.
LPP, we have Mason for another month or so, not a few days. I reckon we have got another six League games, in which Mason can play.

9Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 22:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-1

10Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 22:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4-1!

11Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 22:20

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its difficult enough to predict the starting eleven without trying to predict a score to whatever team he puts out !! Personally I hope he uses the little known Ruby formation or if not quickly changing to an Emerald formation,if neither seem to work then any other precious stone formation that Doug seems fit ???

12Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Wed Mar 12 2014, 22:29

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd use the ...  Keep it as far away from our Goalkeeper as you can formation  Very Happy 

2-1 us  The Juke and Danns

13Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 02:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After Dougie's antics last game I really am unsure of the score.

Dougie is showing that he hasn't a bloody clue what he is doing IMO.

I'm going for a draw at best 1-1

Hope I'm wrong though!

14Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 07:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure we'll have the firepower to score with Trotter upfront on his own. On the other hand I doubt we'll concede either with our 9 man defence.

15Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 08:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brighton will be without their most influential player this season - Keith Andrews.

16Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 09:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know what makes folk so sure Dougie will revert merrily back to 4-4-2 after his beloved bus parking got us a clean sheet at Derby.

17Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 09:13

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:I don't know what makes folk so sure Dougie will revert merrily back to 4-4-2 after his beloved bus parking got us a clean sheet at Derby.

Perhaps because it's Lent he's making us all do some penance.

18Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 09:21

doffcocker wrote:I don't know what makes folk so sure Dougie will revert merrily back to 4-4-2 after his beloved bus parking got us a clean sheet at Derby.

Two reasons, 1. Mason should be rested and recovered from illness. 2. It makes sense to be a little more cautious away at a top side. It wouldn't make sense at home now he knows how effectively we can attack.

19Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 09:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Two reasons, 1. Mason should be rested and recovered from illness. 2. It makes sense to be a little more cautious away at a top side. It wouldn't make sense at home now he knows how effectively we can attack.

He can't have been that ill if he was named on the bench. Sounds like more Dougie bullshit to me. And if it's not bullshit, why would you put a sick player on the bench?

It sometimes makes sense to be cautious at a top side - but we were in fine attacking form against a struggling team that had just lost at home to Millwall.

Dress it up all you like, but Dougie bottled it.

20Bolton 0-2 Brighton Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 10:20

No idea about Mason, could have been a front but could just as easily be true. Seeing as Beckford wasn't fit playing Moritz as second striker was the only choice really.

Dougie definitely bottled it, he didn't have enough faith in our attacking talents to go there and batter Derby. By no means does that make him wrong in making such a judgement, and if Mason wasn't fit then I've got no problem with the lineup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum