Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Brighton

+17
Angry Dad
Sluffy
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Banks of the Croal
Tigermin
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
Norpig
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:No idea about Mason, could have been a front but could just as easily be true. Seeing as Beckford wasn't fit playing Moritz as second striker was the only choice really.

Dougie definitely bottled it, he didn't have enough faith in our attacking talents to go there and batter Derby. By no means does that make him wrong in making such a judgement, and if Mason wasn't fit then I've got no problem with the lineup.
He could have played Odelusi or even Hall alongside Juke if Mason and Beckford weren't fit. 
He certainly didn't pick Moritz for his defensive qualities so he wouldn't have lost out there by opting for Sanmi instead and at least there would be a bit more pace to get behind them for the few occasions we did get clear although Sanmi's finishing isn't the best.

If Dougie "bottled it" it was in not choosing a player with a style closer to Mason's as the second striker.

BTW I think we'll return to winning ways at home. 2-1 is my guess.

22Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 11:33

Odelusi's on loan at MK Dons, personally if rather have Beckford on there. Hall could have come in but he's a winger really, don't think he's physically right to mix it in there. That said I thought Moritz was anonymous, not sure he's mobile enough to play that position.

23Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 11:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True but Sanmi could have been recalled if Dougie had been thinking along those lines. I don't think the Mason role requires the ability to "mix it" - more a case of getting on to the second ball and knock downs and getting away from defenders which Hall could do with the right instructions.

Moritz is skilful, but I think he's too slow to play that role. Bit of a luxury to some extent. Reminds me of Klasnic - sweet left foot but not the pacy worker we need as a second striker.

24Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 12:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Duncan in charge

Scott Duncan will officiate Wanderers’ clash with Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday afternoon.

After taking charge of his first Championship fixture last season, the Northumberland based referee has been the man in the middle of 27 games so far this term, issuing 56 yellow cards and one red card during the current campaign.

With most of his experience having come in League One and Two, this weekend’s clash marks the first time he has ever overseen a Bolton match.

Alan Clayton and Tom Nield will run the line, while David Webb is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 12:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think we'll be smiling at 5pm Satdy. 3-1 to the Whites.

26Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 12:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I think we'll be smiling at 5pm Satdy. 3-1 to the Whites.
I hope your right SK, would love another fantastic Sat!

I felt like I was dancing on the ceiling after those last couple of great wins! Very Happy

27Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 19:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Brighton

A fixture that has been played out only 15 times in the history of either side, this season marks the first time that Bolton and Brighton have been in the same division in successive seasons with their rare meetings often proving to be close affairs.

With five wins apiece, it is perhaps little surprise that the three clashes between the two sides over the last two seasons having seen Bolton and Brighton both claim a win, with the other encounter ending in stalemate.

It is Brighton who hold the upper hand in league competition however, with all of their victories coming in division football as opposed to Bolton’s two.

The Seagulls won the last time the two sides played as strikes from Inigo Calderon and Will Buckley, as well as a Jay Spearing own goal helped secure Brighton a 3-1 win.

However, it is Wanderers who were victorious in the only meeting between these two sides to be played at the Reebok Stadium just over 12 months ago. Marcus Alonso’s 20th minute strike wrapped up all three points for the Whites that day, as Brighton had Ashley Barnes sent off late on.

As the Trotters chase a third successive home win and clean sheet, a maximum three points for Brighton is just as vital with the Seagulls still challenging for a play-off place.

Currently two points outside the top six, Brighton have found their feet in recent weeks, losing just one of their last seven league matches.

Late goals from Leonardo Ulloa and Stephen Ward ensured they were victorious against Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday, extending their unbeaten run to three matches heading into Saturday’s tie.

Ulloa has been the Seagulls’ star-man this season, registering 12 goals from just 25 appearances already this year, despite a foot injury ruling him out for two months earlier in the campaign.

That sided with the prolonged absence of Craig Mackail-Smith has left Seagulls fans wondering if Brighton could even be challenging for automatic promotion had the pair had been available all season long.

With Ulloa scoring six goals in his last eight appearances they may have a point, especially since before the Argentine’s recent run he had scored just twice since the end of August – both strikes coming in a Boxing Day clash with basement club Charlton Athletic.

Looking to compete in the Premier League for the first time in the club’s history, Brighton are also seeking to end a 31-year absence from the top flight.

Having last featured in the First Division in 1983, in a season remembered more for the Seagulls’ FA Cup final heartache at Wembley, Brighton will be longing their season ends with a more successful return to the home of English football in May.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Thu Mar 13 2014, 21:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll play 4-4-2 and smash them 2-0.

29Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 13:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Good news if you're not going to the game.
The match is advertised on some streaming sites, which means you'll probably find a lot of pubs in Bolton showing it.

Bit annoying if you've got a season ticket, and the first time this has happened in months is for a home match.

30Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 13:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Good news if you're not going to the game.
The match is advertised on some streaming sites, which means you'll probably find a lot of pubs in Bolton showing it.

Bit annoying if you've got a season ticket, and the first time this has happened in months is for a home match.
Ooh! I'm looking forward to a stream if one is available then.

Alternatively, those who can't watch for whatever reason, live audio commentary will be available for this match. Smile

31Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 13:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

32Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC team to play against Brighton: Bogdan, Hutton, Baptiste, Wheater, Ream, Medo, Spearing, CYL, Trotter, Mason, Jukiewicz

Subs: Barrett, Knight, Threlkeld, Vela, Moritz, Danns, Hall

33Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker which sites mate. I can't go as I had an accident on Wednesday and only got out of hospital yesterday. Got a concussion and broke my ankle.  Sad

34Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

doffcocker which sites mate. I can't go as I had an accident on Wednesday and only got out of hospital yesterday. Got a concussion and broke my ankle.  Sad
Hi Peter, hope your ok! Smile

ATDHE are advertising the game on this link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This site can be a bit hit and miss though and it's worth refreshing the link just before kick-off. 

If I come across any other links in the mean time then I will post here.  :good:

35Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

ATDHE are advertising the game on this link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This site can be a bit hit and miss though and it's worth refreshing the link just before kick-off. 

If I come across any other links in the mean time then I will post here.  :good:
thanks mate. I'm not too bad, got t-boned by a moron on wednesday. Thankfully he clobbered into the driver's side so only I got damaged, wendy and the girls were in the car shaken but unhurt. My ears are still ringing though.

36Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry to hear your news Peter, glad that you're sort of ok and that your family is well.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

37Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

thanks mate. I'm not too bad, got t-boned by a moron on wednesday. Thankfully he clobbered into the driver's side so only I got damaged, wendy and the girls were in the car shaken but unhurt. My ears are still ringing though.

Glad your all ok and no one has any serious injuries, funnily enough (well not funny!) the same happened to us a week last Monday.

It's a frightening experience.

38Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:34

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I suspect if we hadn't been using my old Volvo estate this would be a very different conversation if it happened at all. The old girl did us proud. Thanks for the good wishes guys, I'll pass them on to the girls as well. 

It was definitely a weird and scary experience. I'm almost 45 and this is the first time in over twenty years of driving I've had so much as a scrape. The guy who clobbered us must have a guardian angel or something 'cos he was in a ford fiesta and walked away with barely a scratch although he did leave the scene in handcuffs after blowing 105 at the roadside. Kind of a good job I was already strapped to a stretcher really. He'd have needed major rebuilding work if I could have stood up and Wendy damned near throttled him anyway. It took two coppers and a paramedic to keep her off him.

39Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I suspect if we hadn't been using my old Volvo estate this would be a very different conversation if it happened at all. The old girl did us proud. Thanks for the good wishes guys, I'll pass them on to the girls as well. 

It was definitely a weird and scary experience. I'm almost 45 and this is the first time in over twenty years of driving I've had so much as a scrape. The guy who clobbered us must have a guardian angel or something 'cos he was in a ford fiesta and walked away with barely a scratch although he did leave the scene in handcuffs after blowing 105 at the roadside. Kind of a good job I was already strapped to a stretcher really. He'd have needed major rebuilding work if I could have stood up and Wendy damned near throttled him anyway. It took two coppers and a paramedic to keep her off him.
I absolutely despise drink drivers and I hope they throw the book at him.

In my opinion he should be tried for attempted murder and in charge of a deadly weapon.

Reebok Rebel should take note of this with his drink driving in Ireland.

No one should even be touching a drop of alcohol when driving.

I hope he was insured!

40Bolton 0-2 Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Brighton Sat Mar 15 2014, 14:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I believe so but (thankfully) our own insurance covers us if we get hit by an uninsured driver without me losing my NCD anyway. It was actually Wendy who got the policy sorted after her brother was rammed up the rear by an uninsured kid in Manchester last year and wound up having to either lose his NCD or the car.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum