Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Danns is fucking ace....

+6
CAMPO
wanderlust
White84
observer
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Danns is fucking ace.... Sat Mar 15 2014, 22:28

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I was royally pissed off when I discovered that super Danns was benched for the unimpressive Trotter to come in. It didn't work, he had no impact. When Danns came on he made more happen in five mins than Trotter did in 85.

I am thoroughly disappointed and Danns should be seething.

I think Danns has been the difference for us in our little good spell and to drop him for a substandard performer was atrocious. And then to bring done nothing, like ever, Hall on was just utter lunacy.

Danns, if you are reading this, you are THE MAN.

Can I get a here here?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Sat Mar 15 2014, 22:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Danns is like a Championship standard Okocha.

He looked awful when he first came in - I could really see why Leicester fans don't like him - but he's been excellent.

3Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Sun Mar 16 2014, 00:02

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Player of the year so far... too bad we don't have a manager of the year.

4Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Sun Mar 16 2014, 02:08

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree there should have been one change Moritz for the ill Mavies.

5Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Sun Mar 16 2014, 15:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Danns has had a few good games recently but he's not all that.
Trotter looked good at Millwall but has been poor since he arrived (as is often the case when we sign them) 
Don't blame Dougie for giving Danns a rest and Trotter a chance to come good yesterday, but it didn't work out and Trotter need to pull his finger out. Doesn't look anything like as mobile as he was at Millwall - maybe he knackered himself trying to impress the manager in training just to get the start that he didn't justify when it mattered.

6Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Sun Mar 16 2014, 21:22

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Danns was the missing link between midfield and attack that clueless Dougie found by accident against Watford, he started with Pratley and nothing was happening Danns come's on and we score 13 goals in 3 games!!

We didn't need Trotter when Dougie signed him, he was looking for a left back at the time, and we don't need him now

7Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 08:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trotter has been a huge disappointment so far - more so because he did well at Millwall.

8Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Danns has had a few good games recently but he's not all that. Trotter looked good at Millwall but has been poor since he arrived (as is often the case when we sign them) 
Don't blame Dougie for giving Danns a rest

How many games have you been to of late? One? Just interested how you know how Danns has been playing.

Danns doesn't need a fucking rest, he needs to be fucking playing. Don't you agree your best player should be playing every week? He'd already had a rest when Dougie picked Pratley ahead of him a few games ago.

The person who needs a rest is Freedman. A permanent rest.

9Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Danns has had a few good games recently but he's not all that. Trotter looked good at Millwall but has been poor since he arrived (as is often the case when we sign them) 
Don't blame Dougie for giving Danns a rest

How many games have you been to of late? One? Just interested how you know how Danns has been playing.

Danns doesn't need a fucking rest, he needs to be fucking playing. Don't you agree your best player should be playing every week? He'd already had a rest when Dougie picked Pratley ahead of him a few games ago.

The person who needs a rest is Freedman. A permanent rest.
How many times have you seen Danns playing during last week? Did he pick up any knocks? Was he knackered after his recent exertions? Has he got any personal issues that are affecting his performance? What did the medical and performance staff say about Danns last week? How was Trotter in training compared to Danns? Why did Danns make no impact whatsoever when he came on?
Would love to know where you get all your information from in order to be in a better position than the manager to select the team. I thought you had a job outside the club.

10Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
How many times have you seen Danns playing during last week? Did he pick up any knocks? Was he knackered after his recent exertions? Has he got any personal issues that are affecting his performance? What did the medical and performance staff say about Danns last week? How was Trotter in training compared to Danns? Why did Danns make no impact whatsoever when he came on?
Would love to know where you get all your information from in order to be in a better position than the manager to select the team. I thought you had a job outside the club.

If the medical staff had said Danns wasn't fit Freedman would have been all over that in the post-match press conference as he was getting slated by everyone for leaving him out.

He left him out for one of two reasons 1) He has something personal against Danns or more likely 2) He's a tit

At every opportunity you defend Freedman and it's getting boring. Do you love him?

11Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

He left him out for one of two reasons 1) He has something personal against Danns or more likely 2) He's a tit

Such incisive reasoning. 
Or is it just hitting on an easy target because you haven't got a fucking clue what's going on at the club, what the players are up to during the week and what the manager is thinking?

I'm thinking the latter.

In amongst your cheap journalistic point-scoring and populist attacks on the manager you occasionally make some valid and well-reasoned observations, but this is just repetitive snide pandering to your sheep.

This forum is for opinions, but it would be nice if you got one of your own instead of recycling the same old ill-informed speculative drivel in your ongoing bid for popularity. 

Yeah yeah yeah Dougie's shit - so let's not bother to even consider the complexities of football management, variance in player performance, financial constraints, personal issues, the opposition or anything else that could have an impact on how we do - it's so much easier to slag off the manager and guess what he's thinking from the safety of your "luxury penthouse suite" to explain everything away.

:bullshit:

12Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 17:38

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 17:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More of a lover's spat - or at least it would have been if I'd have bothered to turn when (s)he was offering.
Not particularly arsed about it though. I've read Lord of the Flies so I know how sheep behave when they smell blood.  pig

14Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah Dougie's shit - so let's not bother to even consider the complexities of football management, variance in player performance

How can we expect consistency in the players when there's no consistency in how the manager picks the team?
If I was a professional footballer, producing match winning performances, and I got dropped, I'd be pissed off, and demotivated. It wouldn't be me being a spoilt, overpaid ponce, it would be me being a human being. It's human nature to feel pissed off, alienated and less willing to put the effort in in future when you feel like your good work isn't appreciated.

It's not just at Bolton that Dougie's been known to drop players for no apparent good reason. Either we're right and he does tamper for the sake of it, or he's been cursed with some truly complex players over the 3-4 years that he's been in management.

15Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:15

I don't think it's as baffling as you make out Doff there are 2 logical reasons I can think of for not playing Danns on Saturday - 1. Rotation which we know Dougie favours, Danns could have been tired after mid week. 2. He's using the remainder of the season to get a look at his players and see who to keep around for next. 

Personally I'd have played Danns, but it's most likely his reason for dropping him had some thought behind it rather than for no reason as you're saying.

16Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:17

wanderlust wrote:
More of a lover's spat - or at least it would have been if I'd have bothered to turn when (s)he was offering.
Not particularly arsed about it though. I've read Lord of the Flies so I know how sheep behave when they smell blood.  pig

Don't involve me in this - I'm just the fat kid at the back with the broken glasses.......

17Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Don't involve me in this - I'm just the fat kid at the back with the broken glasses.......
I think Dougie =  pig in this particular equation amigo.

Or are you really Dougie slumming it with us plebs?  affraid

18Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:28

"One for his knob!"

It's 28 years since I did that book for O Level English Lit but that one line stills sticks in my memory.

In fact, I shall be adopting it as my new catchphrase and shall henceforth be randomly shouting it liberally about the streets of Bolton.

One for his Knob !!!!!

19Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:"One for his knob!"

It's 28 years since I did that book for O Level English Lit but that one line stills sticks in my memory.

In fact, I shall be adopting it as my new catchphrase and shall henceforth be randomly shouting it liberally about the streets of Bolton.

One for his Knob !!!!!
It's a phrase with some uncomfortable ambiguity about it. Go easy.

20Danns is fucking ace.... Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Mon Mar 17 2014, 21:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's a cribbage phrase for an extra point when you hold the Jack of the card that is 'cut' from the deck.

('nob' as in head).

At least it used to be when I played.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum