Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Danns thrilled with win

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Danns thrilled with win Empty Danns thrilled with win Sat Oct 25 2014, 19:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Neil Danns was delighted to net his first league goal of the season as Wanderers clinched a 3-1 victory against Brentford in Neil Lennon’s first game in charge at the Macron Stadium.

After a goalless first half, the Liverpool-born midfielder opened the scoring with a fierce 25-yard drive just after the hour-mark, but further goals from substitutes Mark Davies and Craig Davies sealed the win.

And with Lennon asking for his side to be more prolific in front of goal after last week’s defeat against Charlton, Danns was more than happy to oblige against the Bees.

“The goal came at an important time for us,” said Danns. “We had had a few shots and we were thinking to ourselves is it going to come. Obviously once I saw it hit the back of the net it was a big relief. I’m just thankful that we could go on from there to take all three points.

“As soon as I hit it I knew it was going in. I knew I hit it cleanly. Once I lifted my head up it was just a case of whether the keeper could get down to it. As soon as I saw the ball hit the net, it was euphoria for me - I’m delighted to help the boys get the three points.

“It’s nice to score but the most important thing was getting the three points. We haven’t just won, we’ve also performed very well and that has been the case for the last three games. I think everyone can see the difference in the side at the minute and everybody is delighted.

“I think the gaffer is stamping his own game on the club. He used to play with a lot of intensity and that is rubbing off on us. In training he is intense but in a good way and the boys seem to have taken to it. We’re thoroughly enjoying it - it’s hard work but we’re loving it.”

Reflecting on the win, Danns praised the performance of his team-mates before calling of more of the same against Norwich City next Friday.

“I know it’s a cliché but attack is the best form of defence,” he said. “We seem to be benefiting from at the moment and long may it continue.”

“We dominated for most parts and thoroughly deserved the three points today. On another day it could have been four or five.

“All games in the Championship are difficult games and Norwich will be no different. We’re going in to it full of confidence and looking to take the three points. 

“At the moment we’re going into every game believing that we have a really good chance of getting the win and next week will be no different.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum